All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Zelnorm
      #95141 - 08/02/04 01:39 PM
Mary Ann

Reged: 05/05/04
Loc: Pennsylvania, USA

I have been taking Zelnorm since May 3rd and it did help. Problem is my 12 week is over now. Anyone know of any other med out there that will help my IBSC??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi Mary Ann! new
      #95143 - 08/02/04 01:42 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I can't answer your question, per se, but I wanted to say hi, and welcome! Also, you might find it a little more helpful to post questions like this over on the "IBS Diet" board... I know it's not a "diet" question, per se, but a lot of people who could be able to help you don't necessarily hang out on this board, which is a little more of a social/chatty/non-IBS-related board.

Again, welcome! And I'm sure someone will be able to help ya out!

Re: Zelnorm new
      #95166 - 08/02/04 03:59 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, MaryAnn, if I haven't said hi before. BTW I think some doctors actually prescribe Zelnorm "offlabel" for longer term periods. Did your doctor say you could only have 12 weeks?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#98626 - 08/16/04 09:30 AM
dilwale

Reged: 08/16/04

I tried the 6mg for a couple of weeks and got blinding headaches, although my IBS was definitely better. Then I tried switching to the 2mg. The headaches stopped and my IBS symptoms were better, but now I have quite a bit of bleeding for a couple of days, so I'm trying to find my doctor right now - in the meantime, I think I've given up on Zelnorm out of fear!

I'm trying the SFS and Heather's diet and have found some relief, maybe a 25% improvement so far, but hopefully will feel better after a couple of more weeks...

#98668 - 08/16/04 12:06 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Welcome, dilwale!! I'm SO GLAD to hear Heather's diet and an SFS have helped somewhat already. And yes, the longer you're on it, the better you'll feel! We'd love to get to know you better. And how about a post on the IBS Diet board to share your success so far with others who are struggling. You'd give everyone some inspiration and hope.

Glad you found us!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 642 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2000

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review