All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
All you CFSers!
      #95041 - 08/02/04 06:29 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I just read a really good article in a magazine called Healing Lifestyles about CFS. This woman said that aromatherapy worked SO well with her - lavender. She said that she started using lavender all the time - shower gel, a lavendar scented pillow, candles, etc. She said it's really calming and helps with anxiety. Anyways, I don't know if you all use aromatherpy or have heard this - but I thought I'd let you know!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

What is CFS? -nt- new
      #95062 - 08/02/04 08:15 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome -nt- new
      #95068 - 08/02/04 08:42 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: All you CFSers! new
      #95074 - 08/02/04 09:08 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Thanks, Cara, I've read the same thing. With all my chemical sensitivities, I've been scared to try it. It would be just my luck that something that helps everyone else will give me a migraine!! But one of these days, I'll give it a whirl. Lavender was one of my favorite scents when I was a little girl, so maybe I'll still like it.

Thanks for the info!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

LauraSue & Lavender new
      #95229 - 08/03/04 12:06 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Make sure it's 100% natural lavender products. Some "lavender" products are chemical based and can give ME a headache (and I love aromatherapy). I actually find lavander is great for migraines. The best thing is getting a lavender water spray and spraying that all over yourself and your pillow - it's so refreshing. If you get essential oil, make sure you dilute it really well before you take a sniff or it'll knock you out!

Good to know, Linz, thanks! -nt- new
      #95296 - 08/03/04 09:06 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

LINZ, <<<<question about lavender>>> new
      #95346 - 08/03/04 11:38 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Linz,

Do you get natural lavender at the health food store? Would it be 100% natural lavender essential oil? Is that what I would ask for? I have always wanted to try it for relaxation but was afraid. I have such a sensitive nose that so many smells bother me. When I smell the lavender scented stuff at Target I get a headache.

How else can you use it besides spraying on pillow, etc.?
When you say "knock you out" do you mean fall asleep? If that's the case it might be a really good idea!

Barbie

--------------------

Re: LINZ, <<<<question about lavender>>> new
      #95472 - 08/04/04 06:39 AM
mspaschal259

Reged: 05/28/04
Loc: North Carolina , USA

My nail lady uses Essential Oils on my feet.( When she gives you a pedicure) Myrtle is wonderful rubbed on the bottom of your feet under toes. Myrtle Oil helps to clear your sinus'. Lavender, Peppermint, and Myrtle are wonderful messaged on your feet at bedtime. you can put the Myrtle on your nostrils and chest at bedtime, too. Helps if you feel like you are getting a cold.

--------------------
-----Marilyn-----

Re: LINZ, <<<<question about lavender>>> new
      #95724 - 08/05/04 01:22 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yeah, that's the stuff. But it's REALLY strong (hence the "knock you out") so you need to get a carrier oil to dilute it - something like almond oil. But you can find proper lavender products all over the place. I'm always hunting around for new products and lavender water is something different to the essential oil, just keep an eye out for it.

With the essential oil, you can rub it (diluted) into your temples or anywhere you want (it's great for relaxing massages) or you can put some undiluted drops into a bath or you can get little essential oil burners to get the scent into the air.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3005 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 885

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review