Post deleted by niceG3s

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Paul new
      #94715 - 07/31/04 12:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey there and welcome!

Are you on an anti-spasmodic? Cos it really sounds like you need one. Heathers recommends peppermints capsules, but they aren't great for everyone with reflux so I'd ask your doctor.

Afraid I'm not up on the brand names for meds, but have you tried a drug called Lansoprazole? This savd me from reflux. I was on it everyday for months, but now I rarely have to take it and hardly ever have reflux.

What does your GI say about the major cramps?

You say you're on fibre and flaxseed - what fibre are you on? I'm assuming here that you're talking about a soluble fibre supplement, right? Sounds like you need a different one if it gives you cramps! Heather's Acacia seems to be the most gentle.

Anyway, welcome to the best place ever for IBSers. Hope we can help!

Linz

PS new
      #94716 - 07/31/04 12:09 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Forgot to say...posting in the "Eating..." board will get you more responses. The "LivingRoom" is just for non-IBS stuff really.

Re: acid reflux new
      #94735 - 07/31/04 07:33 AM
Living Waters Ranch

Reged: 07/23/04
Loc: Georgia, USA

Paul,
You should have posted this on the IBS Eating Board, however I will still answer your post. I have had reflux for a long time. My bed is elevated about 30 degrees at the headboard. Don't lie down after eating for at least an hour. I take prescription Zantac when I have heartburn. (The over-the-counter stuff isn't strong enough.) Try to stay away from spicy foods. This is a usual treatment. Didn't your doctor tell you all this? Surgery is usually a last resort. Also the stronger the medication for the reflux, the more cramps they cause. That's bad for IBS. Hope this helps.
Debra

#94750 - 07/31/04 09:37 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Oh my goodness, Paul, you poor guy! What an awful month you've had. So glad you found us, though. It is a great community we've got here.

I have mild reflux, nothing like yours, but in case you don't know yet, the BIG FOUR rules of reflux are:

1. NO COFFEE
2. NO ALCOHOL
3. NO CITRUS
4. NO TOMATO

And be really careful with peppermint. I had one of my most painful reflux attacks from drinking too much peppermint tea!

Feel better and keep coming back, okay??

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: acid reflux *DELETED* new
      #94788 - 07/31/04 11:16 AM
niceG3s

Reged: 07/30/04

Post deleted by niceG3s

#94793 - 07/31/04 11:22 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi Paul

Sorry you're having a really rough go of it right now. I suffer from Reflux as well and am taking Nexium, but sometimes wonder if maybe the Nexium is making my IBS symptoms worse...it's hard to say. Have you had all the other diagnostic tests to make sure what you have is IBS and not IBD, gallbladder problems or other things?

As for your reflux questions, there are obviously lots of meds out there (although it sounds like you've tried quite a few), but I found a lot of helpful information from Nexium's website. I don't know if you've ever looked there, but it basically just lists things like trigger foods to avoid, things to avoid doing, things you can do to help etc. Here's a link if you want to check it out: http://www.purplepill.com/wellness/42.tipstriggers.asp

Hope you feel better soon!
Kelly

#94817 - 07/31/04 01:18 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Quote:

Thanks for your help! I actual got a break last night from the reflux and haven't had any today. I got my fingers crossed.

Paul, that's EXCELLENT news!! I've got my fingers crossed for you too!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 708 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1898

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review