All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
2nd day on Lexapro, can anyone give me side effect info?
      #94633 - 07/30/04 04:23 PM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

just took my second dose of lexapro, my only side effect really is nausea and a headache. Does this go away as your body gets used to it? I'd rather not be nauseas all the time. makes it hard to concentrate on driving. If it doesn't is there anything out there that releives nauesa?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I don't even know what this stuff is but, new
      #94655 - 07/30/04 06:24 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Try some ginger for the nausea. It helps! I don't know if it will make your side effects better. But it's worth a try.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: 2nd day on Lexapro, can anyone give me side effect info? new
      #94659 - 07/30/04 06:30 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Try non-drowsy Dramamine II (generic name meclazine.) Pepto Bismol is also good. The main home remedy is to keep something in your tummy all the time like saltine crackers. Flattened gingerale is my personal "go to" of choice.

Feel better, hon. And yes, most side effects of most drugs lessen as your body gets used to it. So hang in there.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#94711 - 07/30/04 10:38 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Rosie, I am on my 6th day of Lexapro. I am already feeling a calmness I haven't felt in a long time. My patience doesn't seem to be too thin either. As for the big S, I have no sex drive already. Can't believe it came on this quickly, hate to see it arrive, and bad as I hate to, I will be changing anti-d's because of it. I will give it a little more time first.

Nausea, yes, I have it right now, if I had some gingerale I would be flattening it right now and would be eating FF saltines along with it. Hope it gets better sooon!

#94747 - 07/31/04 09:26 AM
rosiechica

the dramamine won't interact with it? my nausea seems better when I wake up in the morning, but i have this headache that just won't go away! Thanks for all your help guys, i'm off to the store to get some more saltines and gingerale..

#94753 - 07/31/04 09:45 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Quote:

the dramamine won't interact with it?

I don't think so, not the nondrowsy kind, but if you want to make sure, you could ask your pharmacist. They're usually more knowledgeable even than doctors about stuff like that.

You should keep an eye on that headache though. If it doesn't get better by Monday, you should probably call your doctor. In the meantime, what are you taking for it? Remember that NSAIDS are tough on the tummy. I take extra strength tylenol or if it's really bad an Aleve plus an Imodium (I'm a D).

Feel better!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#94759 - 07/31/04 10:06 AM
rosiechica

I've been taking extra strength tylenol. The only kind of dramamine that I could find is the less drowsy kind. Since i'm leaving in a few minutes to give a miniature horse showmanship clinich, i'll stick to a pepto, i'm not to nauseas right now, it's been over 18 hours since my last pill though.. 5:30pm is when i take it again. thanks for the help

Re: I don't even know what this stuff is but, new
      #95064 - 08/02/04 08:18 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I was on Lexapro for almost a year. Once my body adjusted, I really liked it. I had that same, awful headache, it lasted over a week! I have since switched to zoloft becuase I am trying to get pregnant, but I actually liked the lexapro better!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 542 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1438

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review