All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Steph new
      #92457 - 07/22/04 10:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't know for sure, but I think it was about 7 inches? My hair was about halfway down my back. It's a pretty big change, but I do this every few years so I'm used to it. The stylists are always more nervous about it than I am!

The weight thing... well, a few months ago, I got really sick with the IBS, and I haven't been able to eat since. I mean, I do eat, but hardly like a normal person. It's mostly anxiety, and I'm seeing a therapist for it, but I've only just started this past week, so I'm obviously not seeing a TON of improvement yet.

I'm 5'2" and I weigh 111. I've never been this small in my life and it's very strange for me... I've always had the opposite problem, struggling with being overweight. Back in January, I weighed about 160. Obviously, it's not the worst thing in the world that I lost some weight, but it's bad that I'm not eating.

I'm waaaaaay too worried about money to do much retail therapy, hehe. I do sometimes shop when I'm bored, and then I fuss about how much I spent, which defeats the whole purpose of it being fun. LOL! But so far, no guilt here.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Casey, I love your hair! new
      #92460 - 07/22/04 10:43 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Wow, your hair looks very pretty. I really like it a lot. I hate to hear that you're losing too much weight. I'm glad you're getting help for your anxiety. Life can sure be very hard and we all need help from time to time! I've been in counseling a couple of times myself, and it was very helpful to me. Hope things get better for you!
Terri

Re: Wow, I was bad today. new
      #92464 - 07/23/04 12:33 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Casey,

I love you hair. It looks so cute on you. I do the same thing, I let mine grown and then I cut it off short.

Don't stress about the shopping spree. We all need that every now and then.

--------------------
Janey

Just saw this post today! new
      #92566 - 07/23/04 10:49 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hi Casey...I made a comment about your picture in another post and then saw this one. I love your hair cut. It reminded me of a 1940's movie! It looks great on you.
As far as the eating thing goes...I used to be 89lbs!! I had to force myself to eat ONE MORE BITE everytime I ate and finally I started gaining. It's really hard to do, but it works. Hope you start feeling better soon.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Again new
      #92568 - 07/23/04 11:00 AM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

I have to tell you again how cute your new 'do' is girlfriend!! Too cute!! You remind me a lot of Alanis Morriset (sp?). I think she is pretty so I hope that is a compliment to you!

--------------------
~Wookie

How YOU doin? new
      #92718 - 07/23/04 11:53 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Damn Casey! Very, very nice pic

Losing weight is so frustrating, I'm pretty skinny to begin with and lost 20lbs since getting sick and can't gain it back. It's really frustrating especially when people mention "oh we've got to fatten you up" or "have you lost weight?". Obviously the important thing is that you feel comfortable with yourself, but one of the pilot's I work with used to be overweight, he got quite ill and lost significant amounts of weight. He got better, decided to eat way healthier and is now at a great weight and in great shape. Hopefully something like that will work for you.

WOW! You look GREAT!! new
      #92815 - 07/24/04 02:03 PM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

Hi Casey,
Just wanted you to know that doing little things for ourselves now and again is actually very good therapy. I even feel good when I buy new makeup! With all the physical/emotional problems IBS brings to us all, we need to be able to laugh and just relax. I, too have lost about 10 lbs in the last year, and although I had wanted to lose about that much for years, it has NOT been a fun way to lose it. I try to look on the bright side and think of the smaller sizes I can now get into Please don't feel guilty about your WalMart spree (it seems like I do it almost everytime I go there--great cheap place!) If it helped you feel better, it was very much worth it. As as far as your haircut goes, it is darling and sometimes we all just need a 'face lift' so to speak. And it actually helps us to keep on 'truckin. Hang in there and God Speed
Janene

Actually, Davina... new
      #92818 - 07/24/04 02:15 PM
atomic rose

I LOVE Alanis... and when I saw her video for "Everything" a couple weeks ago, that's what got the short-hair idea stuck in my head.

Hee hee... new
      #92820 - 07/24/04 02:21 PM
atomic rose

Thank you, Jamie.

I'm sorry you went through the weight-loss thing, too - I'm seeing it's not that unusual, but it's still frustrating. I guess it's been pretty shocking to me because I've never been skinny to begin with, so it kind of... weirds me out. But I'm trying to look at it as an opportunity, like your coworker's - I have a basically clean slate to work with, I can learn how to eat all over again, and I'm sure I'll eventually stabilize at a healthy weight, so people can stop asking me if I'm anorexic. LOL Thanks for the reassurance.

Everyone needs new clothes! new
      #92925 - 07/25/04 11:01 AM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

Retail therapy is good once in awhile! You know, even as you lose weight, you have to feel good about yourself. You don't want to be wearing clothes that practically fall off of you! You want to look and feel good! So anything you do that makes you feel better, go for it!

BTW, I'm so jealous of you living in Maine. We went there in the fall about 5 years ago. What a gorgeous place. We drove all over the state. I loved that it was warm-ish down in Bar Harbor and snowing the next day in Baxter State Park!

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 579 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10995

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review