All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Thank you, Marty new
      #92496 - 07/23/04 06:58 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I know, I shouldn't have just stopped it completely. I just get in this mood about once a year and have to prove to myself that I really need it.

I do feel better since I started it again.

I'm just stubborn as a mule! My husband says he doesn't know why I go to the doctor, because I won't follow their instructions and do what they say! I'm working on being more compliant.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need support, I've got it for ya honey !! new
      #92556 - 07/23/04 10:12 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hey, BL. I have sooooo much experience with this type of doc. First, let me say, people who have to take drugs like Lithium, Depakote......have to deal with some really wild,and I do mean wild side effects. You need a doc who is going to sit back, LOOK AT YOU, and listen to every word you are saying. If a doc doesnt make eye contact, or stop writing for a second, or looking back through your chart long enough to let you know he is listening, you feel as if you are talking to the air. And honey, I have talked to plenty of air. Until I met my currant, I have been seeing him for about 6 years...he sits back and listens to me. I just saw him yesterday, I called with no appt. and told them I had to come in, he said come when you can get here.

Thats how ALL OF THEM SHOULD BE REACTING TO A PATIENT, esp. a Psychiatrist. If he spoke to me the way this guy did, I would have told him not to bother sending me a bill, and walked out!!!! There are plenty of Psycs. you can see who will treat you better. What an a$$.

Off of the soap box now, sorry for that. BL, hope it gets better soon, I am always here to listen.

Re: Need support, I've got it for ya honey !! new
      #92559 - 07/23/04 10:20 AM
gigi

BL, just wondering are you a rapid cycler? I have read all of the posts on this thread, I am worried about your meds.

What are/were you taking? How much, which one did you quit taking.

Worried about you.....

Yeah, BL new
      #92567 - 07/23/04 10:58 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey BL,

I guess I never thought of it that way. Now you make me want to go, too. I only went to a one-year business college so I really missed out on all that fun.

Sounds like you have a lot of happy memories. That's great!

Barbie

--------------------

Wavering again new
      #92600 - 07/23/04 01:00 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Don't worry. I started the medicine again after I saw the doctor. But now I'm questioning that decision.

I remember why I stopped it---it makes me so tired. It's the middle of the afternoon and I just want to crawl in the bed. I have no energy. I don't want spend my whole life feeling drowsy./and being overweight. Now I don't want to take it again.

It's Trileptal I take. I'm only taking 150 mg. twice a day, which is a very low dose. I've been up to 375 mg. twice a day, but that caused double vision. Then I was taking 300 mg. twice a day, and I don't remember why I reduced that dosage.

I've tried almost all the meds for bipolar---and I hate them all. Why can't they just give me a freekin antidepressant like everyone else? I took Zoloft for 18 months and did fine, altho I didn't sleep well while on it, but I think that's common.

After all the docs I've seen, you'd think one of them would've told me what kind of bipolar I have, but no one has. They all say, "I dunno." (Gosh, makes me feel like some weirdo. Am I that baffling?)

I wonder if I even have the right diagnosis. My husband says, "Gee, how many doctors have to tell you you have it before you believe them?"

You know what I think? That bipolar is the "new, hot" illness right now, and I bet if a group of you went in to see a psychiatrist, the majority of you would come out with this diagnosis too.

OH No, BL new
      #92613 - 07/23/04 01:47 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. Why did you quit taking the Zoloft if it was helping you? Maybe you could take an antidepressant. Have you thought about changing docs if this one is not willing to listen to you and your concerns. My sister & niece have changed psyc.docs several times before they found one they liked.

I think it is sorta important to have a good relationship with your doc. and that he take your fears and concerns about these meds seriously.

I know side effects of meds can be very frightening and frustrating. Have you done any research on the web about bipolar and depression to see what you can find out? I have found out a lot of stuff about meds & medical conditions that I have had by looking them up.

Anyway, I am here to listen if it helps you.

Hang in there
Barbie

--------------------

Re: BL, Honey, I have some ??? new
      #92637 - 07/23/04 03:36 PM
gigi

Girl, I get the feeling that you are in a bad place right now. From talking to you on your other posts, you have seemed to be a little more relaxed. Now, you just don't seem to be yourself.

A few questions, is your mind racing? Do you feel hyper?
When you speak to someone, do your sentences run on and on?
Are you talking really fast? Are you craving chocolate?
Are you eating to be eating? Have you lost your appetite?
Do you have boundless energy?

Please don't take offense to things any of us might say, we are just trying to understand and help.

You are right, BP seems to be the "now" diagnosis. Come back and talk to me. MY best friend is BP, she has been hospitalized several times, I have taken her there. I do know a lot about it. We joke also, sometimes if you don't laugh, you will cry your eyes out. It's ok.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 570 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8720

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review