All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
scrapbooking help
      #89209 - 07/12/04 08:09 PM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I want to do a scrapbook for my wedding album, only one problem, i've never done one in my life, i'm also not very creative, can anyone help me out or suggest some good books to help me get started?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: scrapbooking help new
      #89214 - 07/12/04 08:22 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

That's an awesome idea!! I've never scrapbooked either, so it'd be cool to see some ideas. Sorry I'm no help I wish I could! I'll keep checking in, though!!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#89218 - 07/12/04 08:30 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

There are lots of scrapbooking magazines with really good ideas in them. I always find them at Albertsons or anywhere else like that. My favorite is Keepsakes. I have TONS of scrapbooking stuff and have already done half of my wedding scrapbook and my sisters also. Do you have a Michaels anywhere near you? They have a really good scrapbooking section! Well have fun! I wish there was a way to show my pages on here!

Creative Memories new
      #89224 - 07/12/04 08:42 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm sure a Creative Memories rep would be more than happy to show you the ropes (in the hopes of selling you some product). Someone from CM will be able to teach you the basics. Some of their products (like the circle-cutter) are definitely worth it, whereas for other stuff your local crafts store will be just as good.

A lot of areas actually have scrapbooking shops that host workshops, so you could look into that, too.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#89256 - 07/13/04 02:43 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I second the vote for Keepsakes - back when I did a lot of scrapbooking, I used to buy that magazine and it always had some great ideas.

You could also look around online - not only will you get some ideas for free, but you'll most likely read some recommendations for books and magazines as well. One of my favorite sites was Two Peas in a Bucket, but Scrapbooking @ about.com would be a good starting point too.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 334 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 377

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review