All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)
Wow...I'm at a loss for words right now.... new
      #89369 - 07/13/04 10:15 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I just finished reading all of the posts in this thread while my supervisor is in a meeting. I'm feeling so many things right now. Inspiration, admiration, sadness, joy, comfort....and yes, I have to admit, shock. It's funny how we have all become such good friends and support each other so well, but yet it had never crossed my mind how different all of our pasts would be since we have so much in common with the IBS....like someone said..."no wonder we all have IBS". You are all amazing and I get so much inspiration from all of you. I commend you for sharing your secrets and I also commend those of us who wish not to.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: To everyone! new
      #89370 - 07/13/04 10:16 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wow, this has been a great thread. I was ashamed to admit to my drug addiction and was worried that everyone would think less of me, I see now that is not the case. I think everyone had been very brave and I hope these "secrets" will only streagthen the bond between us all!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

I am amazed....... new
      #89371 - 07/13/04 10:18 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

how much you all shared. I've only go through half of the post and plan to read the rest later. My 8 year old is giving me a hard time for being on the computer. You all have a good time and see ya all later.

Bev, you are a sweetheart! new
      #89372 - 07/13/04 10:18 AM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

I haven't been on the board in a while but wow, all the things I missed. All of you are brave & just great people.

Re: wow Jen! new
      #89374 - 07/13/04 10:20 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I agree Jen, what a brave and selfless act. As you know I am having problems having a baby and adoption had been discussed in my house. Its great to know there are wonderful people like you that are strong enough to do what you did!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Bev you are a ROCK! new
      #89376 - 07/13/04 10:31 AM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

WOW! I just wanted to say that it makes me no difference at all what sex you were or are now. Jeez, you had no control over any of that! What about the deep dark secrets that we DID have control over and just made poor decisions? Those are the hard ones for me to talk about...

--------------------
~Wookie

WELL SAID, DOE! i couldn't find those words myself. perfection! -nt- new
      #89381 - 07/13/04 10:39 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Re: BEV-You did nothing to deserve what you got new
      #89391 - 07/13/04 11:02 AM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

God is a mystery Bev. I think the same way about things at times and I think we do it because we are humans and we rationalize (sp?) everything. I think we will all find out one day the answers to our questions. Just rest assure that it isn't that God hates you!! Maybe he allowed this to happen to you so you could relate with someone in some way that they needed. Who knows. I just wanted to add that God loves us all even when we don't understand. I bet you have an huge family in heaven someday!! Maybe it will be all the babies that were unwanted by their own mothers. HUGS!!

--------------------
~Wookie

cut it out- you're making me all choked up, dude. -nt- new
      #89392 - 07/13/04 11:03 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Just my 2 cents
      #89398 - 07/13/04 11:21 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Bevrs, I debated on replying to this. Not because there is anything wrong with your "secret", that is nothing you had any control over whatsoever. But Bevrs, the only thing God hates is sin, and having AIS is not a sin. God has never hated you.

I know I wrestle with the same thing - why some folks who would be such awesome parents are denied that priviledge. I have an aunt and uncle that are childless, yet they have molded and shaped the lives of countless young people! I also have a cousin who abandons her children left and right, yet she has 4 kids.

I think it would be wrong to say any of us will ever have answers to all of the "why's" around us. But one thing I am sure of, God made you who you are. That was no accident. And who you are today - a compassionate, caring, giving individual who helps others and reaches out to others, is by design, not chance.

We all have the pain and suffering in our lives of wrong choices made, not only by ourselves but by others. That is inescapable in the world we live in. But it seems to me that you have been made special and have thrived through hardships that many would have crumbled beneath. That, Bevrs, is the miracle! You're loved by many, God included.

I hope I haven't offended. Just felt compelled to respond.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 218255

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review