All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)
Re: my secret new
      #89069 - 07/12/04 11:59 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Wow, Michele. I have to second Sheri - I have so much admiration for you right now. It takes a lot of strength and determination to overcome all that... wow. Yes, you SHOULD be proud! I'm proud of you, and I hardly know you at all.

The strength of the women on this board never ceases to amaze me.

PS - I agree. Bev needs to OUT with her secret!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

michele, new
      #89070 - 07/12/04 12:00 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

you are a lovely person and i'm so moved by your story! wow. you deserve all the happiness in the world, Miss, and i know you'll get it!

--------------------

Re: Your Deepest, Darkest Secret? new
      #89073 - 07/12/04 12:02 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Chinagrl,
Seventeen is a rough age to deal with pysco boys, my BF at that age was completely demented, too. He would pretend like he was going to speed through red lights at intersections and stuff like that if I was mad at him for things that I had a right to, like lying to me. He took advantage of me in almost every way possible because I was
so trusting. That is only the tip of the iceberg... another story, another time! That one is not quite old enough yet to get into, but is #2 on my list.

Your sister sounds alot like mine, not very understanding and sympathetic or caring. But, the longer time goes things do get better. I am so sorry to hear that you had to go through that.

--------------------
-Sheri

wow Jen! new
      #89076 - 07/12/04 12:16 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Thats wonderful that you were able to make that decision. My family is kinda dealing with that type of stuff right now. What a truly hard decision, but a good one!

I'm sure you have made a family so happy! My neighbor has two kids she and her husband adopted. She is such a good mom...she also has two kids of her own..... in fact she adopted her second child and then found out one month later she was pregnant!!! What a blessing for those who can't have kids on their own. What a woman you are!!!

--------------------

Re: Nope, LS new
      #89078 - 07/12/04 12:21 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Hmm, sorry to rain on the female bonding but I'll share something that I don't tell a lot of people. I'm half Puerto Rican and half Italian. Growing up my family lived with my Sicilian grandmother who loated the fact that my dad married a Puerto Rican. My grandmother spent years degrading my mom because of her heritage and spent years degrading my sister and me for our ethnicity saying things that are better left unsaid on this site. Its a terrible thing to be hated by your own flesh and blood. Thankfully we finally got out of that situation when I was 15 and my sister was 10. A lot of damage was done but I turned out to be one pretty strong S.O.B. and I am very proud of who I am. But still, it is very hard to tell people especially if I am in a relationship about the fact that I don't communicate with one half of my family. But hey, that's life.

--------------------

#89081 - 07/12/04 12:32 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Dagnabit, Bev, you start this and then disappear??!! I'm not telling til you do. And I DON'T WANT to and I want that clearly understood, crazy lady! You bear full responsibility for any consequences, understand??!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

tommy, new
      #89086 - 07/12/04 12:43 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

sadly, many of us have experiences that prove, like yours did, that family is merely a bunch of people you're born related to. it has nothing to do with character and love in some cases. i feel ya.

glad you got out of that and that you view it as something that strengthened you rather than weakened you. you're lucky! now you know how tough you are!

--------------------

#89092 - 07/12/04 12:59 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Thanks guys... my sister was actually just going through a bizarre religious phase. She's over it now, but now my other sister is in one!

As for my ex-boyfriend... I think he was just terribly mentally unwell. I really hope he's doing well now, wherever he is.

Thanks for sharing your alls secrets though.

Re: tommy,
      #89095 - 07/12/04 01:07 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Thanks Jen, I could not agree more with what you said.

--------------------

Re: tommy,
      #89108 - 07/12/04 01:27 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I know what you mean tommy, family does not always come first to some people, and families don't always automatically love each other. That's so horrible that you had to deal with that, it is a shame that your parent's situation did not turn your grandparent's around to how they treat other races.
Atleast you will help shape things to be better for future generations, when you embrace whatever person your future children will bring home.

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 568 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 218232

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review