All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)
Re: Your Deepest, Darkest Secret? new
      #141626 - 01/23/05 05:32 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey I missed this also! what a thread...ladies...to all of you that confessed...I am so inpsired by you. I am always so astounded by the fact that you never know who somebody really is....you should all be so proud of yourselves. so strong. I don't really have a secret to tell....I have had a very fortunate life...a loving family, three beautiful brothers, a few broken hearts but nothing shocking, and now a wonderful husband. I truly am lucky. I love and respect you all.....

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Your Deepest, Darkest Secret? new
      #347084 - 06/10/09 02:24 PM

Unregistered

so I saw someone reading this post and wanted to share. Hmm..I guess that It's easy for me not to have friends,and consider my social time when I'm at work,or seeing my boyfriend outside of work,just the two of us,twice a week. So I never have to meet people places or anything. I feel bad during the day,and don't see anyone,except people I live with,until 5-11pm 5 days a week,then see people at work and talk to them. I have a real problem not following the diet,or just following it a few days..I get alot of tight spots,especially under my ribs..when I push on themn I hear crazy noises. One day at work at ate stuff I shouldn't,luckily no one saw me but I got dizzy,felt sick,and thought I was going to faint!! No one knows except my family and my boyfriend about my ibs. I really feel better keeping it that way. If I was at work no one would ask why I wasn't eating anything as my shifts are short and I could just say tired of the food,cuz I work at mcdonalds!

Best Post Ever (and love to the board old timers!) new
      #347161 - 06/13/09 09:11 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I remember the day this post happened. I was a soon to be outed lurker...

This my favorite post, and although Laura Sue, Bev and JenX aren't around the living room any more, I take strength from these strong women and I think about this post in my quiet times. What incredibly strong women.

And Michele, who has been a rock to me when I reach out to her privately in my dark times... and she is a person who truly "gets it." Having lived through dark times makes her a layered, complex, wonderful human being with soul and depth.

I know a few IBS sisters (and brothers!!) like that who lurk and post. You guys are awesome people, and it makes me feel a little better about having IBS because it ties me to you all in a way.

I'm so glad to have you to calm my fears, wipe my tears, and drink my beers (I just added that last one to see if you were paying attention)!

~from nelly with love~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 658 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 218235

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review