All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)
Re: for beaglelover new
      #89695 - 07/14/04 06:47 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Yes, I do know where Lake Norman is!!!! That's a beautiful area! I'm in South Charlotte-- near Weddington.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sheri01 new
      #89696 - 07/14/04 06:50 AM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

Let's see if I can tell you how to pronouce Davina. Okay, here goes.. Duh veena. I think that is about as close as I can explain. Thanks for the nice things you said. Funny thing is, I learned this forgivness thing from my mom. I have watched some of our family do terrible things to my mom and her just forgive and forget. I always told her she put up with too much from people. Then I got older and went through some things in life and realized that mistakes are made by all of us daily. However, it is much harder to forgive the person who sexually abused you. Now that is the challenging part of it! Thanks again!

--------------------
~Wookie

Ok it's taken me 3 days.....here goes new
      #89697 - 07/14/04 06:53 AM
bz

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

I got pregnant when I was 16. My boyfriend at the time wanted me to have an abortion (I was 5 1/2 months at the time), when I didn't he deserted me and denied it was his. I had the baby and gave her up in a private adoption (she's now 27 this year and I have never seen her). I knew there were no options for me -- my mom & dad hadn't been getting along for a long time (dad was an alcoholic and abusive) shortly after this they divorced. I knew it was the right decision so that the baby would have a good home and 2 loving parents - much more than I could give her. After that I went back to high school, graduated and then got a good job and helped my Mom after the divorce.

I've never told this to anyone and have struggled with self esteem and confidence issues over my entire life. I wound up in a bad first marriage because of my issues. I never felt I was quite as good or worthy as other people because of my mistake and what if anyone found out. What would they think. I still don't think I would discuss it anywhere but here.

After reading the posts for the past 3 days, all of you are so warm-hearted and compassionate and understanding for each other, it made me feel that I could finally speak of it.

Thanks
Barbara

Re: Beaglelover new
      #89698 - 07/14/04 06:56 AM
Wookie

I am glad that I did share with all of you guys. I feel this connection to all of you. I get inspired everyday just reading the words off the pages here. It is strange because I knew all these things that happened to me but now at the age of 27 have just put the entire story together. I just saw bits and pieces growing up but once you get older it is like putting a puzzle together. It helped me realize why I suffered with depression in my early 20s and such. I think God just helped me look at things in my mind that way to protect me so I could come through it. I also think I went through that to help someone else through someday. That is where the healing truley is!

--------------------
~Wookie

Barbara new
      #89699 - 07/14/04 06:57 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

you did a good thing, not something to be ashamed of. i'm proud of you. now go do something nice for yourself! you're a tough, smart lady and you've earned a reward!

--------------------

Re: beaglelover new
      #89701 - 07/14/04 07:00 AM
Wookie

I think you are 100% right! Life well beat you up really good sometimes. Once I had a few rounds with life as an early adult, I forgave people in my life. It is like you see why they made their mistakes too. None of us our perfect and we are all just needing to be loved. You know the song, All You Need Is Love!

--------------------
~Wookie

Re: Ok it's taken me 3 days.....here goes new
      #89704 - 07/14/04 07:01 AM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

AWWWWW, but you ARE so worthy!!! You did the most unselfish thing a woman or mother could do,you were smart enough to realize your baby would have a better life with 2 loving parents.You did what was best for both of you at the time,don't ever feel bad for that,i bet that girl would thank you today for not aborting her and loving her enough to give her the best possible life! You have my upmost admiration,your a strong woman,hold your head high!!!Hugs~~~Tanya

Re: Me sorry JenX new
      #89705 - 07/14/04 07:06 AM
Wookie

Sorry if I choked you up. I didn't have time to reply to this yesterday. I was trying to read all the stories. And WOW they are amazing! I just wanted to tell you that I think it was an awesome thing that you did with your baby. I see people that can't even take care of their kids and that don't really care. I think of them as selfish to not be able to put their child first. It is hard being the bigger person in life! You are the bigger person for giving a family something they couldn't give themselves. Your a real blessing!

--------------------
~Wookie

Just Wanted To Say..... new
      #89729 - 07/14/04 07:35 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I am so proud of all of you for being able to share your stories....there are a group of very strong and courageous people on this board and I'm so grateful to be able to know all of you!!

Re: Steph..... new
      #89730 - 07/14/04 07:37 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh wow.. you were really young.. I didn't think it was legal to get married under 18.. however, what do I know?!? probably not much.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 797 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 218236

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review