All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)
Re: Your Deepest, Darkest Secret? new
      #89600 - 07/13/04 07:25 PM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

I had a chance to sit down tonight and read through this thread, and I have to say that I admire each and every one of you. I had tears in my eyes reading about what you've all endured, yet felt so proud of the wonderful men and women you've all turned out to be. I feel proud to be a part of this group. You all are very special people and should be applauded for your strength and courage.

I wish I had something to share, but my subconscious isn't letting me dwell into that dark part of my mind right now. And my "secrets" aren't really secrets, but more like inner personal demons that I struggle with on a daily basis.

Big hugs and kisses to you all!
Kristine

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Steph..... new
      #89612 - 07/13/04 08:28 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I did the math.. or tried... did you get married at sixteen?

--------------------

Re: Jessica new
      #89637 - 07/13/04 10:26 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Well, they decided to take in foster children instead of adopt, because they felt too old to be real parents (They're in their very late 50's now - 58 or 59, I believe) but still wanted to care for some. Now she's too sick to care for any, but they enjoyed it for the many years they did.

At the reunion we were all more interested rather than shocked, because we'd never even heard of it before. We all jsut sat for about an hour and a half and asked her questions about it, even though she didn't have too many answers herself! I believe she did have the surgery. She also has a brain tumor that she routinely has to go under the knife for, because it grows very quickly! She pretty much lives at the hospital, and only goes home for about one week every three months. They live on a farm in the middle of no where, and have to drive an hour to Columbus (they live in Ohio) to get to the hospital. It's been hard for her, but she's very cheery whenever we go and see her. We haven't seen her in about a year or so now, because they live about three hours away and we don't have too much extra time. She doesn't have a phone in her hospital room, because she's usually asleep all day My uncle is very, very good to her. They made him a small "room" in the corner of her bedroom so he has a place to sleep at night.

I still don't know that much about her or the condition, since I was very young at the time. But I do know that this is for sure the syndrome, and that she's been dealing with it and the brain tumor at the same time. It's been hard for her, but she's a fantastic person

I hope this helped ya any, Bev!! And I think the others had some great thoughts on the God factor - I don't quite know exactly what to say except for to repeat that you didn't do anything. There's some reason for your having it, and it must be a good one! It doesn't seem good to any of us, but to Him, it's just all part of the plan! Take care, Bevvy!!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Re: Steph..... new
      #89638 - 07/13/04 10:27 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

No I was 17 almost 18. I was married in April and turned 18 in July. I was pretty young!!!!

--------------------

Sheri01 new
      #89666 - 07/14/04 05:19 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

So you know what depression is like too. Yes, it's hard to explain to someone who has not been through it. My husband looks at me like I'm nuts when I try explaining it. He has no clue what it feels like. For years, I thought everyone felt like this at times. Because that was normal for me, I thought it was normal for everybody!
I fought the diagnosis for awhile, going from doctor to doctor. AFter the 7th doctor told me I had bipolar, my husband said, "When are you going to accept this?" So I've resigned myself to the fact that I will probably always have to be on medication. Right now, I'm taking a "vacation" from it, and like usual when I do this, I will probably sink soon. I can usually feel myself spiralling downward and have to get back on it. I hate taking it mostly because of the weight gain it causes!!!
Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Doe new
      #89667 - 07/14/04 05:22 AM
BL

I should have known some of the people on this board have also suffered from depression. I can imagine you going through that after all you have been through! I do not know how you survived over the years! You are a very strong person.

It is amazing how our past has given us strength and made us all different people. Although I would never wish my situation on anyone, it has caused me to be a much more emphathic person.

Marilyn new
      #89668 - 07/14/04 05:25 AM
BL

So you fully understand the ups and downs of bipolar disorder. I know that must have been hard on you as a child watching your mother go through that. I hope that I have not put my boys through hell with my moods!
By the way, where in North Carolina are you? I'm in the Queen City. Do you know where that is?

Melitami, thanks for sharing your story---nt-- new
      #89669 - 07/14/04 05:27 AM
BL

LittleSis.... new
      #89670 - 07/14/04 05:29 AM
BL

One day the pit bulls are gonna show up at your back door frothing at the mouth, begging for that stolen food!!!!!!!! You are so bad!

Kimm new
      #89671 - 07/14/04 05:32 AM
BL

Wow! You are an amazing person to have survived all of this. You could have easily followed that same path, but you furthered your education and made your life so much better. You should be so proud of yourself---and your brother is one lucky guy to have a sister like you.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 242 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 218222

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review