All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)
secret? What secret? new
      #89440 - 07/13/04 12:17 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

--------------------

Edited by StephS (07/13/04 10:36 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wow! Such a deep thread.. new
      #89441 - 07/13/04 12:18 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

And pleading the fifth is fine too. My "secret" is one that I've had a few years to live with, mull over, feel guilty about, etc. If this thread had come up 6 months ago (and I'd been here at the time, heh), I doubt I would have said anything. It's been a long process. Even with what I did tell, I still didn't tell the whole story.

Know what's interesting, though? It actually felt kind of good to let it out. I never thought I'd say that. (And I'm not adding that to try to coerce you into letting out your secret... it's just a general observation.)

Bev. new
      #89443 - 07/13/04 12:21 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Bev,sweetheart----

Thank you for sharing your story. I know it must not be easy to talk about this--- to anyone. I had a friend in high school who had three nipples and I remember the emotional ordeal she went through during her adolescent years. Gym class (where we were forced to all undress in front of each other) was painful for her, and dating was even worse. I cannot imagine the emotional pain this has put you through over the years, but I am glad that you seem to be at peace with it now.

I hate to hear you say, though, that you have wondered if God punished you by giving you this condition. Although we don't know why bad things happen to good people, I don't believe God punishes people by letting things like this happen. You are a strong and beautiful person regardless of how you were born---and God put us all here for a reason! Look how much joy and encouragement you have given to all of us on the board. I love reading your posts because they always make me smile.

I think you are a wonderful person---inside and out, so please don't let this get you down. I sense that you feel a relief by disclosing this, but you know what, it doesn't matter to me, one way or the other, you're the same ol' Bev!!!!

Re: Here is mine! new
      #89451 - 07/13/04 12:29 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh man Steph... that really sucks. I'm glad you managed to work it out, but I can't imagine how that must have felt. Thanks for sharing. You were such a strong person to deal with that and being pregnant at the same time, and to give him so many chances. (When my husband did the same thing, before we were married, I punched him. Generally I think violence is a bad thing, but... it was my first instinct.)

#89454 - 07/13/04 12:32 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

And pleading the fifth is fine too. My "secret" is one that I've had a few years to live with, mull over, feel guilty about, etc. If this thread had come up 6 months ago (and I'd been here at the time, heh), I doubt I would have said anything. It's been a long process. Even with what I did tell, I still didn't tell the whole story.

Know what's interesting, though? It actually felt kind of good to let it out. I never thought I'd say that. (And I'm not adding that to try to coerce you into letting out your secret... it's just a general observation.)

Thanks for understanding. I'm sure in a few years it will feel good to let it all out - just not now.

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

#89455 - 07/13/04 12:34 PM
chinagrl

Hell, I feel super uncomfortable talking about mine 9 years later!

Re: My secret new
      #89459 - 07/13/04 12:50 PM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

When I was 6 years old, I was molested by my mom's boyfriend. He told me if I told my mom that he would kill her and I believed that. I will spare most details but I remember after he would molest me he would make me take a bath and then spank me while I was wet. I told myself that I would never tell unless I was asked because I wouln't lie. My mom and I lived with him out of state. I always hated him even before he did what he did to me. I think I just had to have sensed his evil because I didn't know what hate was at age 6. As a child, I was an excellent artist. I drew a picture of a poison bottle and a guy was drinking it. I took it to my mother and said isn't this pretty mommy? She said what is this Davina (that is my name-doe is my nickname). So I told her it was David (the man who molested me) dying. My mom was very disturbed and asked me who drew it, I said, I did. She almost couldn't believe it b/c the drawing looked as if an adult drew it. I vaguley remember drawing the picture. She packed up a suit case and we left for the airport. Unfortunatly, he met us at the pay phone and held a gun to my mom's side. We had to go back with him. After months later, we were successful at escaping. Once I was back home, I was caught playing 'nasty' with my neighbor friend. We were both the same age. I have great guilt today because of my actions. I am just getting to the point to realize I didn't know any better. Once we were caught, my grandma asked me if David ever touched me. I said yes. She told my mother. My mother pulled me in a room and told me to never lie like that again. I told her it was true and then she told me that I was lieing. We were living with my mom's little brother at this time. David found us and one night he crawled in our window. My mom called for my unlce and my uncle went ahead and pulled him inside the house and beat him with a bat. Then threw him out in the yard and called the police. Months later, he was still in a body like cast. My mom moved me around to several schools growing up. Once I ended up going to school with David's kids. They knew me and I knew them but we never acted as if we did. I don't know if they knew or what. I do know I just wanted to forget about all of it. When I was about 12 years old my mom said she had a question. She asked if that was actually true and I said yes. She broke down. Asked me what happened and I told her the specifics. She cried and cried and I comforted her. As a kid, I rarely cried and my mom often thought something was wrong with me. I think that is how I protected myself as a child. I had to be strong so I was! To this day I don't know where David is but I do know he even molested his own little girl. Sometimes I struggle with the pain and find myself trying to find him on the internet to see if he was ever caught. Or looking in the obituaries hoping that he died. A few months after I had came out and told my family, my grandma committed suicide. My mom and her weren't on good terms at that time. I sometimes have guilt that I was the reason. She did write a suicide letter and didn't mention it though. Her last sentence was, tell Davina she was my favorite. Okay, tears.. The End.

p.s. I am named after my mom's older brother David in case you were wondering.

--------------------
~Wookie

#89461 - 07/13/04 12:53 PM
chinagrl

Wow. Thank you for sharing that. I can't imagine how horrible it must have been to go through all of that. I'm not sure what to say besides congratulations on being a survivor and making it through.

#89465 - 07/13/04 01:16 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh Sweetie, that must have been hell. I'm not sure what to say either other than you turned out to be a great person despite the terrible things that happened to you. Please don't ever feel guilty about any of it. Thanks for sharing, that was very brave!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: My secret
      #89466 - 07/13/04 01:21 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Doe,

That is so horrible. I truly wish people like that would just kill over and die. What a brave young girl and grown woman you are! That take's a lot off courage to open up about that. That is one of my biggest fears is to have that happen to one of my kids.

I hope that you are able to have a relationship with your mom. What a tuff thing for the both of you to go through.

Thanks for your courage to share!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 218246

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review