All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
no problem! new
      #81553 - 06/21/04 11:27 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

ps: that really is a good location. though it takes your gyno aback the first time he/she sees it!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Not everyone takes it lightly new
      #81604 - 06/21/04 01:48 PM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I have two tattoos. I put a lot of thought into both of them. And also my heart and soul. I got each of them after I had a miscarriage. I wanted something permanent on my body to remind me always that I have babies in heaven waiting for me.

I have always loved tattoos, but until I had my first miscarriage it just didn't feel right. They just give me a sense of peace when I look at them.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

You don't look 33 in your picture! ----nt--- new
      #81610 - 06/21/04 02:19 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

that is beautiful new
      #81625 - 06/21/04 02:54 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

and i agree. if you read my original post you will see that i don't take it lightly either.

tattoos may not be up someone's alley but it's a mistake to think they are always frivilous ornamentation.

i'm so sorry about your babies but you've found a lovely way to memorialize them....

--------------------

I agree with Jen... new
      #81634 - 06/21/04 03:15 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That's really beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss, but it sounds like you have the perfect way - for you - to memorialize them.

And also agreed that not everyone gets tattoos in the spirit of "doing wild and crazy things when you're young". Mine aren't all deeply meaningful in and of themselves, but a lot of thought has gone into each and every one. (Actually, 10 years of thinking went into the first one!) I have no regrets, and I'm sure I never will.

Re: guess what i "up and did" today!? new
      #81658 - 06/21/04 04:27 PM
littleone24

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: London, Ontario

thats so weired. i havent introduced myself. i'm alesha, 24 from ontario canada. i was driving around the other day and i too....stopped in at a tattoo place. the guy wanted 300 dollars so i decided maybe some other time.

Re: Problems at work new
      #81659 - 06/21/04 04:30 PM
littleone24

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: London, Ontario

hi, i was wondeing how old you were. i know how you feel about ruining your bf's birthday. do you ever go to his parents house? my bf is getting sick of me being sick. his parents want me to come over for dinner a lot. i like them but people really dont understand when you tell them you can't eat. it sucks, i just want to be normal. u too eh.

Hi! new
      #81666 - 06/21/04 04:47 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm 29. People never believe me when I say that, but it's the truth, heh. I'm sorry you know exactly how I feel about being sick and feeling like things are "ruined" because of it. It sucks, huh? I'm lucky that my boyfriend is really understanding, but his parents don't really get it at all. I've been to his mom's a couple times, and his dad's a few times more than that, but I can't stand to be around either of them very long - they're both heavy smokers, and the smoke just makes me sicker, in addition to not being able to eat the food, or handle driving hours and hours to see them. They're nice people and I hate that it seems like I don't like them or something... argh. Yeah, I'd love to be normal, even just for a few days.

that's true.... new
      #81705 - 06/21/04 06:43 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Once you get older, everything sags and droops ... and you start covering up every bit of skin you can. Ha!

You are a wild lady and I love your signature pics! new
      #81713 - 06/21/04 07:09 PM
susan127

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Vermont

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1339 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17746

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review