All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
thanks, LS. new
      #81403 - 06/21/04 04:40 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

it's not something i linger on. it was certainly an educational life experience. they say it happens to 1 in 3 women, so i know i'm not alone. also, it was not my fault so i have no problem talking about it. but it was not exactly a great time for me. (duh!)

and as for CB--- i'm not sure what this will become so no need to threaten him yet! but if things were to get serious-ish and he acted at all sh*tty, i will certainly warn him of the wrath of my friends!

SMOOCHIE. and hoping your fibro rating is super high today and no headache to be found.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Tattoos new
      #81412 - 06/21/04 05:21 AM
PammySue

Reged: 05/12/04
Loc: Southern Indiana

The guy who did my second tattoo said not to use antibiotic ointment or lotion (very sparingly if any) on my tattoos. He recommended Preparation H (for redness and itching). He said the antibiotic ointment and lotion can damage the colors in the tattoos. Just thought I would share that information! Congratulations!

Re: Tattoos new
      #81414 - 06/21/04 05:51 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

It seems like every artist has a different aftercare regiment, and they all seem to work just as good. The first tattoo I've had done, I was told A&D ointment for the 1st 3 days, lotion (with no vitamin E) thereafter - and that's how I've healed every tattoo since, bright, beautiful, and problem-free.

I've never heard of preparation H for the itching! I may have to try that with the next one...

tple abx vs. lotion new
      #81416 - 06/21/04 06:17 AM
jenX

i've heard and read both. i think i just used lotion the first tattoo i got, but it was so long ago i can't recall!

i decided to use the triple antibiotic for the first 24 hours, then a lotion. seems like most everybody says to use something.... ah, well. if it fades, i'll get it touched up, right?!

--------------------

exactly! new
      #81418 - 06/21/04 06:26 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Yup, that's what touchups are for. Heh. I think what you use matters a heck of a lot less than just using SOMETHING so it doesn't dry out!

All this tattoo talk has me really wanting another one.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT! (i'm such an enabler!) lol -nt- new
      #81420 - 06/21/04 06:43 AM
jenX

--------------------

better than me!! new
      #81431 - 06/21/04 08:02 AM
bttrfly08

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Queens, NY

2 in one day?! you go girl. i did one and then went back the next day. ha ha they sound awesome. and yes, they are completely addictive which is a scary thought!

--------------------
Things happen for a reason...just believe

i thought of you when i did it! new
      #81432 - 06/21/04 08:05 AM
jenX

i thought- "wow. i teased her for doing 2 in 2 days. here i am doing 2 at once!

well, consider yourself an inspiration.

--------------------

Re: i thought of you when i did it! new
      #81433 - 06/21/04 08:12 AM
bttrfly08

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Queens, NY

You're an inspiration as well

--------------------
Things happen for a reason...just believe

Tattoos new
      #81447 - 06/21/04 08:37 AM
PammySue

Reged: 05/12/04
Loc: Southern Indiana

I am 33 and got my first tattoo on my right ankle on 3/5/03 in celebration of my ten year wedding anniversary. It is a small tattoo of a treble clef with a rose through it. Did you find many people that were offended by your tattoos? Do you have tattoos that show? When my boss noticed my tattoo he called me in his office and told me that it was unprofessional and that I would have to keep it covered. Now I either wear pants or I put a band-aid over it. This past February I got my second tattoo which is the word Sweetie with a rose wound through it on my left ankle. I also keep it covered with band-aids when I wear a skirt to work. I have been noticing more women around my age with tattoos on their ankles and other places where they are noticable. I just wondered if anyone else had run into any problems at work. This was a big issue because I work with all men. They wrote a new dress code policy which specifically addresses tattoos and one guy has to wear long sleeves now. I was just curious!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 332 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17746

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review