All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Fibro today = only a 4 so far, back in bed with heating pad, out too late last night. -nt-
      #78132 - 06/11/04 08:10 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Fibro scale
10=doesn't get any better than this
9=can do everything
8=feeling pretty good
7=kinda sorta ok
6=tired but not achy & sick
5=base line functional, can do anything, but not everything
4=below minimal
3=pretty sick
2=if andy needed to be taken to er, i'd get up, but tough
1=if bldg was burning, I'd get up
0=kill me now

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fibro today = only a 4 so far, back in bed with heating pad, out too late last night. -nt- new
      #78141 - 06/11/04 08:26 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Laura how do you handle your Fibro? Are there any good medications to help and does diet help your symptoms?

PJs new
      #78155 - 06/11/04 08:49 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Is it another pyjama day? I am really looking forward (?) to my first pyjama day after I finish work - just being able to say: I feel a bit poohey, I'm staying right here ALL day, will be GREAT!

Maybe I need to buy some new pjs to celebrate?!

Re: Fibro today = only a 4 so far, back in bed with heating pad, out too late last night. -nt- new
      #78156 - 06/11/04 08:51 AM
LauraSue

Hi, Barbara!

No, diet doesn't seem to affect fibro, other than the importance of eating a HEALTHY diet.

There are no medications specifically for fibro yet, but several are being worked on. I take tramadol (Ultram) for pain relief along with extra strength tylenol. And I take Elavil to help me sleep as there is an underlying sleep disorder as well.

I handle it by eliminating as many responsibilities as I can and by pacing myself and resting A LOT! I try to avoid things that make me worse. For me as for most fibro people, the major triggers of bad days are stress, fatigue and weather.

Thanks for your interest! I love the picture of you and your son. It makes me smile every time I see it! BTW, I used to live in a northwest suburb of Chicago. We used to go to Lake Geneva, WI, to hear bands at the clubs there. Wisconsin is a beautiful state. I miss the Midwest (although NYC is lots of fun!).

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: PJs new
      #78158 - 06/11/04 08:53 AM
LauraSue

no, i'm going to try to get out of my pj's today. The weather's nice and I want to go out for some air and to run an errand.

you should definitely buy some new pj's to celebrate!! Great idea.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Laura new
      #78164 - 06/11/04 09:04 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Funny you write it makes me smile when see the picture of my son and I. He is my 8 year and very challenging!!! He came into the world screaming and never stopped. LOL

He is really becoming a sweetheart as we figure out what his challenges are and medication is the best thing we did for him. No parent likes to medicate their child, but the couple of times he has gone on a drug holiday he asks for his meds. He knows he feels better with medication.

He use to cry for hours and we couldn't do anything for him. This past year he has been taking Concerta and Zoloft and he is a pleasure to be around.

I'm sorry there isn't much that can be done to treat your fibro. Hopefully research will come up with a solution.

5. ps: think i found the cause of the nausea! new
      #78165 - 06/11/04 09:05 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

LS, enjoy the rest the best you can. i hope your number goes up real high this afternoon.

by the way, i'm a 5. mostly because of the severe hot flashes/sweating and the nausea. guess what i think the nausea culprit is? my beloved Skelaxin! i'll have to run some more "tests" but i was feeling fairly good yesterday but my back hurt. it still hurt this morning. i didn't take a Skelaxin 'til this morning and have been fighting the nausea ever since.

now if only there were a) another muscle relaxant that worked on me and was non-drowsy and b) i could find the explanation and/or treatment for these dang hot flashes/sweats. my goodness! i have much sympathy for those of you who are going through menopause! lord allmighty, i'm hot.

--------------------

OMG! Miracle--i might be a 7! new
      #78200 - 06/11/04 11:26 AM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

I give myself a tentative 7 due to 1) a new short short hair cut that makes me happy 2) a crappy day yesterday and an 8:30 bedtime 3)more Neurontin at bedtime than usual (I'm fiddling with it)5)slept in my mom's extra comfy bed for 12 hrs!

I do so hope the errand and sunshine get you to at least a five!

--------------------
--Julie

Jen, you are a good detective!!!! -nt- new
      #78202 - 06/11/04 11:33 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

LS, don't forget your" bunny slippers"!!! Feel better soon! -nt- new
      #78204 - 06/11/04 11:35 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2758 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 692

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review