All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hi Cara4503!
      #77894 - 06/10/04 09:30 AM

Unregistered

Cara,

I was wondering how you have been feeling, now that you're not working. Has your stomach problems eased somewhat. How about your Mom & Dad. Are they feeling better about you being at home. Sorry, if these questions are a repeat. I can't be on the boards daily. Have a great day!!

~Aunie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi Cara4503! new
      #77899 - 06/10/04 09:40 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh, good point! How's it going not being an engineer anymore? My last shift is Tuesday night/Wednesday - I can't wait.

WOW! Thanks for remembering/asking.... new
      #77909 - 06/10/04 10:14 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I really appreciate it! You girls made my day!
This is my third week off. I am really glad I did it, although a little stressed too because the hospital bills are piling up. I have applied at a college around here and I will find out soon what other classes I'll need to get a teaching certificate! I would want to teach math or science because that is what I'm good at...but right now I am just focusing on my health, my diet, and packing (we bought our first house and we move in 4 weeks!!).

My parents....they are fine, but they won't ever change. I love my parents to death, and my mom is my best friend, but I just wish she wasn't so ashamed of me right now. She says things like, 'I still haven't told people I work with that you quit, I'm not going to'. I just don't understand why her WORK friends come before me being happy. It's almost like she's embarrassed of me, and she doesn't fully understand IBS so she blows it off in a way. It really doesn't make my stomach any better, but what can I do?

My husband is really supportive, and we are trying really hard to get pregnant right now, so hopefully things will start falling into place soon.

Bottom line is that my job was causing more health problems because of a huge amount of stress, and I didn't like what I was doing anyways....I have tried to make my parents proud my whole life, and this was such a hard decision for me because they wanted me to be an engineer - and paid for me to go through college. I still have hard days where I feel really guilty for being at home. I am happier now though, and Justin tells me that all the time.

Thank you so much for asking. It's so nice to have people that care/understand to talk to here!

Love,
Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: WOW! Thanks for remembering/asking.... new
      #77915 - 06/10/04 11:08 AM

Unregistered

Thanks for the update Cara! I can only imagine it is tough trying to live up to the standards of your parents. Hang in there. Hopefully, overtime they'll realize you did what was best for you. Your parents sound like good people. You sound forgiving and that's good!

Congrats on the new house, that is so exciting!! Oooh trying for a baby...can't you smell the baby scent, see their little fingers and toes, and imagine kissing their little head already? Good luck!

Best wishes,
Aunie

Oh! I really don't need more encouragement to be broody! - nt new
      #77916 - 06/10/04 11:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

#77922 - 06/10/04 11:29 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

I'm glad you're feeling happier now that you're not doing something that you dislike and thats making your health worse. I hope you find the job you are looking for...keep searching for the right one! Life's too short to be stuck doing something you're not enjoying!!

#77960 - 06/10/04 01:09 PM
Cara4503

Oh I am SO excited to have a baby - SOOOOO excited. Can't even find all the words to describe it. I have looked forward to this moment for a long time!

Thanks for your messages. You're wonderful! I really appreciate it.

~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

#77961 - 06/10/04 01:11 PM
Cara4503

Thank you! I agree. I just need to keep searching. I know that if I did any kind of work with children or autism, I would be happy. I worked with autistic kids for years when I was in high school and college, and I love how rewarding it is. Anyways, thanks for your message! Have a good day
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Oh but it's fun Linz! :) You know you want one!!!!!! Haha. -nt- new
      #77963 - 06/10/04 01:22 PM
Cara4503

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1498 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2131

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review