All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I NEED A DRINK! A real one...
      #77038 - 06/07/04 10:30 PM
genie

Reged: 05/28/04

Hi everybody, sorry I haven't written lately. Been so busy at work...

Shell, keep up the good work! sweat those pounds away. Just think each time your body is craving sweets or bad foods and you deny them; you are actually shrinking those fat cells. cool ah? ...well maybe not 100% true, but good for motivation!

Nugget, you are cool! You just keep your head held high. If I worked with you I'd make us peppermint tea and we'd talk about cool places to shop.

Jamie, how are you? My one guess for the lyrics is number 1 . is it an Eminem song? Crazy guess, but I thought just maybe. I'm terrible at naming song titles! Who's your ultimate favorite musician and why? Let me know if you ever fly to vancouver, we could hook up for raw oysters!! or something!

well my question for you all tonight is...
Anybody found an alcoholic beverage that's SAFE? I feel like such a stick in the mud when out with friends. Last friday I went to a raw oyster bar,(are oysters or shell fish safe for us IBS'ers? I think so, I seemed to be okay) what a treat that was! It was my first time for raw ones. After I got past the feel in my mouth I was all for them!!! Everyone was drinking beer and I know that's a deffinate no-no for me. I did have a smirnoff Ice with not too much bloating. What do you all drink? I actually told someone I was an alcoholic because he asked why I wasn't drinking. It's actually a good answer, they won't bug you anymore!

--------------------
Life responds when we risk.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I NEED A DRINK! A real one... new
      #77061 - 06/08/04 06:13 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

that's not an uncommon question!

i drink cosmopolitans. i know Bevrs loves her Jack Daniels. i can't get anywhere near beer and can only do wine sparingly. vodka seems to be my friend (though we hadn't spoken for years after college and i'm still not so sure... i go slow-- haven't quite built that trust back up yet! )

--------------------

#77105 - 06/08/04 08:34 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Shrinking those fat cells I love it!! Thanks for your kind words!

I have not had a drink in well over a month now.... but I usually have a white wine or maybe a cranberry cosmopolitan. In the OLD days... it was Kalula and Cream or any coffee drink.... but I have not had coffee in oh gosh almost a year I think now!! WOW I just realized that..... cool!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#77126 - 06/08/04 09:06 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hi,

I def second the cosmos as being fine... also watermelon or appletinis are sooooo yummy and don't bother me much at all..

What else what else.. I actually do drink beer, and it doesn't really bother me. well scratch that.. I drink light beers aka coors light, bud light, miller light... watered down beers with no problem. Hardcore guiness or heiniken (sp?) isn't the best for my tummy...

Also.. I like vodka and cran.. and my favorite drink ever, vodka orange and cran doesn't hurt my stomach either if I drink only one or two of them at a time.

hope this helps.

--------------------

Edited by spicey8138 (06/08/04 09:07 AM)

Re : What is in a Cosmopolitan?? -nt- new
      #77183 - 06/08/04 11:19 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Edited by abby82 (06/08/04 11:20 AM)

How to make a Cosmopolitan :) new
      #77198 - 06/08/04 12:36 PM
Shell Marr

How to make a Cosmopolitan

web page

--------------------

Re: mmm yum :) -nt- new
      #77201 - 06/08/04 12:39 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Re: How to make a Cosmopolitan :) new
      #77221 - 06/08/04 02:22 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

And we're having them in Vegas, right Shell?

Kandee

--------------------

#77222 - 06/08/04 02:22 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Hey genie

Sounds like you had a good weekend.

With regards to drinks. I can't do beer anymore And any mixed drinks that are carbonated may bother me. My last really good night out (with quite a fair amount of drinking) I had mostly red wine. I had a lot of soluable fiber beforehand, and I actually felt pretty good the next day. Although I know a lot of people can't do red wine. It sounds like you've gotten a lot of good advice here, you'll just have to see what works for you.

When I drink, I always have to make sure that I have nothing to do for the next day incase I don't feel so hot. However, since you work in a hospital I've got the perfect not drinking excuse, it's the one that I use: "I'm on call"

Although I have a lot of songs/artists I really like, I'd have to say my favourite band is a British band called 'James' They've got one song "laid" that most people would know if they heard it, but most of their other stuff isn't too popular here. I quite like their stuff, plus the band name isn't too bad either :Þ I also like U2, Collective Soul and a whole bunch of other stuff. What about you?

I've never tried raw oysters. Actually I don't think I've tried cooked oysters either, is there such a thing?. As it turns out, I may be in Vancouver to visit some friends at the end of the month (23-26ish). It depends on a lot of things as the flights may be pretty busy. But, if you wanted to go for raw oysters (if I'm brave enough) that'd be cool.

Re: How to make a Cosmopolitan :) new
      #77228 - 06/08/04 02:28 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

And we're having them in Vegas, right Shell?

Kandee

sounds like a plan!!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Shell - they look good! -nt- new
      #77252 - 06/08/04 03:42 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Vancouver new
      #77350 - 06/08/04 07:34 PM
genie

Reged: 05/28/04

HI JBI
Mmmm...bands, their are so many! I do like U2, Bocephus kings:big in Europe, and The Tea Party. I also like solo singers like Sarah, Jann Arden and yes, Cyndi Lauper! I like a wide variety except not too fond of country unless it's really good country!

End of the month sounds good. I'm supposed to be going away about the 26 or so, but probably later rather than earlier.

well off to make a SAFE dinner!!

JODIE

--------------------
Life responds when we risk.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1478

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review