All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Starting To Notice Changes......
      #76895 - 06/07/04 12:53 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I started taking Lexapro (not for depression but for IBS on Sat 29th...so 9 days ago). I've also been counting calories like crazy, using the treadmill 90+ mins a day since Fri 28th. And drinking at least 64oz water a day...sometimes more.

This is what I have noticed.......
1) My urine is deep yellow.... (before it was just kinds of yellow tinted water)

2) I've changed from having 1-3+ BM's per day (if on the C side) or 3-6+ (if on the D side)......to having only 1 BM every other day FORMED and no D. My last one was Sat about 7pm at the gym.

3) I have not had any gas or bloating at all

Does anyone know what would be causing those things to happen or has anyone else experienced the same thing?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Starting To Notice Changes...... new
      #76898 - 06/07/04 01:08 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Quote:

I started taking Lexapro (not for depression but for IBS on Sat 29th...so 9 days ago). I've also been counting calories like crazy, using the treadmill 90+ mins a day since Fri 28th. And drinking at least 64oz water a day...sometimes more.

1) My urine is deep yellow.... (before it was just kinds of yellow tinted water)

2) I've changed from having 1-3+ BM's per day (if on the C side) or 3-6+ (if on the D side)......to having only 1 BM every other day FORMED and no D. My last one was Sat about 7pm at the gym.

Does anyone know what would be causing those things to happen or has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Hey Shell...

To answer your questions

1) This often happens when you're dehydrated (even if you don't feel it). 90 mins on the treadmill is a lot and its suprising how much water we lose...so, um, drink up!?

2) This could be the medication, or possibly even the fact that you're eating less? Not sure...

3) I would attribute that to the exercise!

#76906 - 06/07/04 01:43 PM
bz

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hi Shell,

I'm on effexor for the same reason and to answer your questions:

1. Sometimes it stays yellow yellow even when I drink alot.

2. I'm IBS D and went from not being able to eat hardly anything and living in the bathroom to going in the morning after tea with benefiber and that's usually it for the day; and

3. I don't know about the decrease in gas since I'm also on a digestive enzyme for gas and bloat so it could be either the antidepressant or the enzyme.

Hope this helps.

Barbara

#76914 - 06/07/04 02:07 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

I haven't a clue to the reasons for #1 and #2 but I sure AGREE with you Ibsgrl on #3..

I think exercise will do a number on gas and bloating more than anything else I know..............even just a lot of walking..........

Kandee

--------------------

#76925 - 06/07/04 02:26 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Shell...

To answer your questions

1) This often happens when you're dehydrated (even if you don't feel it). 90 mins on the treadmill is a lot and its suprising how much water we lose...so, um, drink up!?

2) This could be the medication, or possibly even the fact that you're eating less? Not sure...

ibsgirl.....

I guess the dehydrated make sence.... I don't know why I did not think of that...... time to drink up!! Thanks!

--------------------

#76926 - 06/07/04 02:28 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi Shell,

I'm on effexor for the same reason and to answer your questions:

1. Sometimes it stays yellow yellow even when I drink alot.

2. I'm IBS D and went from not being able to eat hardly anything and living in the bathroom to going in the morning after tea with benefiber and that's usually it for the day; and

3. I don't know about the decrease in gas since I'm also on a digestive enzyme for gas and bloat so it could be either the antidepressant or the enzyme.

Hope this helps.

Barbara

Thanks Barbara for your info... it is nice to find out how other respond to things when there is change...

--------------------

#76927 - 06/07/04 02:29 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

I haven't a clue to the reasons for #1 and #2 but I sure AGREE with you Ibsgrl on #3..

I think exercise will do a number on gas and bloating more than anything else I know..............even just a lot of walking..........

Kandee

Oh yes... I agree with that too.... just hope it lasts FOREVER!! hehehe

--------------------

#76965 - 06/07/04 04:41 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Shell.... have you added/change any vitamins? some B vitamins can make your urine really dark yellow -even orange!

the BM bit could be you actually being NORMAL! can you believe it!? the diet and exercise may actually be stabilizing you! not every one has a BM daily.... this is probably a GREAT sign! also, with all this calorie counting, have you eliminated some hangers-on triggers that could be accounting for this leveling off?

and i agree that the exercise probably accounts for the gas and bloating disappearance. don't ask about that one too hard or you may find it again!

--------------------

Jen... new
      #76968 - 06/07/04 04:44 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

you are right about the vitamins. When I take vitamin B mine is ALWAYS really dark and orange, lol so you're right that could also have an effect.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 786 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 686

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review