All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Hey Now.....my son's name is Randy..... new
      #77175 - 06/08/04 11:04 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Nugget,

You guys quit talking about my son, Randy.

I hate that meds have to come along with side effects. Your symptoms of nausea and jitters are common for these medicines. The Klonopin might help your anxiety more because it is similar to Xanax and is pretty fast acting.
Also, you can just take a little tiny dose if that's all you need. Be careful driving, etc. because they can make you very drowsy at first and even a little dizzy. That does go away when your body adjusts. I hope the Effexor works for you but if it doesn't, there are a lot of other ones to try...on your doctors recommendation, of course. My sister tried several until she found Prozac and that worked great for her and she is 55yrs old and, so I am told, has a great sex life. Probably more than you needed to know. Ha Ha

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Was able to get in to see my doctor and now I'm back to work.... new
      #77775 - 06/10/04 04:11 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Just saw your post believe it or not and was sooooooo happy you went to the doctor's office and that he gave you something to take care of you. Didn't realize you had a past history of depression or wouldn't have recommended Xanax as I know that's mostly for anxiety.

Am pretty new to the boards so don't get to see all the past posts.

I'm just so glad you saw him and please let me know how you're doing. As I've said before stress and or depression is not a sign of WEAKNESS it's a sign of something else just as any other PHYSICAL ailment is. Sometimes it's due to a chemical imbalance which we have no control over.

Just happy you got it taken care of. If you have any side effects or are not happy the way it's working let your doctor know right away. It usually talkes 3 weeks to a month to notice any change in how you feel for the better.

Take Care,

Pat

Thank you Pat..... new
      #77838 - 06/10/04 07:32 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

So far...the side effects are sleepiness and a little shakey and sour stomach occasionally....but I'm just pushing through and moving along as best I can. The doc told me to give it a chance to work and that my body would get used to it. But, that if it became a problem still after about a week (I'm only on my third day) that he would change something.

Good luck Nugget new
      #77839 - 06/10/04 07:36 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Glad you're giving the drugs a good go. They seemed to take ages to work when I started on them. The side effects seemed to wear off after a bit (though I no longer bawl my eyes out everytime I use contacts - my main side effect is dry mouth, etc - so that's a plus! ).

Re: Thank you Pat..... (Anytime!!!) new
      #77852 - 06/10/04 07:53 AM
Dimples

Sleepiness is probably the biggest side effect. Did the doctor tell you what time of the day to take it? If he didn't (and I don't know if he prescribed it more than once a day) maybe you could try taking it LATER in the afternoon so it will help you sleep but may not make you as tired during the day.

If after the week is over and you feel too sleepy, ask the doctor if he thinks you should be on a lower dose. Some of us can tolerate some meds more than others and some can tolerate higher dosages than others. I can't tolerate too many meds or high dosages either. Everyone reacts differently.

Let me know how you're doing with it. Will be thinking of you!

Pat

Sleepy pills new
      #77854 - 06/10/04 08:00 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I totally forgot - mine knocked me out when I first started taking them, but I take them at bedtime, so it was great! Wish that side effect had lasted

Medications..... new
      #77866 - 06/10/04 08:27 AM
Nugget

I've been taking it in the evening with dinner...once a day. Then in the morning I'm sleepy til around 10 or 10:30 then things get better in the afternoon....today I have a sour stomach and am afraid to take anything for it...don't want to take too many drugs...so am eating saltines and water to calm it down. Will try some camomile tea, too.

Thanks Linz.... new
      #77868 - 06/10/04 08:31 AM
Nugget

I hate taking any medications...but I knew I had to do something. I know I felt better before when I was taking Zoloft for a couple years....and then I did great for a couple years after getting off Zoloft....but, lately I've just been a wreck and nobody knew....I hid my anxiety pretty well....till I couldn't take it any more. Hubby and I had a heart to heart talk about what I've been going through the other night and he, as always, was real supportive. I don't know what I'd do without him.

Re: Thank you Pat..... (Anytime!!!) new
      #77918 - 06/10/04 11:22 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Good point Pat. I had to move the time I took them to later in the day because I was nodding off at my computer at work!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Thank you Pat..... (Anytime!!!) THANKS LAURA SUE!! NT new
      #77965 - 06/10/04 01:26 PM
Dimples

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 205 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13608

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review