All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Was able to get in to see my doctor and now I'm back to work.... new
      #76976 - 06/07/04 05:00 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

re: Effexor--------- my best friend is on it. after the first 6 weeks or so of no sexual interest (which was a continuation of her depressed state) and a little hyper jitters for about the first 2 weeks she all the sudden settled down but got quite randy! wahoo, was she randy!still is! so, no problem there. and she started to sleep really well, too.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: horrible anxiety this morning.... new
      #77044 - 06/08/04 04:50 AM
littleone24

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: London, Ontario

guess what, i've missed one day a week for the last 3 weeks because of "D" in the morning, including today. it's tuesday and i already had to call in. i'm too scared to say i'm sick, i'm sick, i'm sick all the time...so i said my car wouldn't start! i know it sounds like and excuse but i just cant say, well i'm afraid i'll be running to the bathroom if i come to work today.

Re: Was able to get in to see my doctor and now I'm back to work.... new
      #77049 - 06/08/04 05:29 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

So glad you got in to see the doctor. You should be feeling better soon! I've taken the Klonopin on an as-needed basis and it really helps when you are having a panic attack. (It works quickly, but the anti-depressant will take awhile to kick in.) Just don't take too much of it or you will be too sleepy to go to work---or to drive! Let us know how you are doing.

I know how you feel.... new
      #77117 - 06/08/04 08:52 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I hate to keep calling in sick, too....but I have to. I think it's best to just tell it like it is (not necessarily all the gross details), but then that way they know that it's not "excuses" that something really is wrong. Ya know? Just like this morning....I had some side effects hit me this morning after taking my first dose of Effexor last night....shaky, terrible nausea, tired.....so I called in again and explained EVERYTHING to my employer, the owner, and he was so understanding...even gave me some suggestions with this medication because he has been on antidepressants, too! He knows my health history so that helps, too. I'm lucky to have a very understanding employer and co-workers. Even the two co-workers who were teasing me have been understanding. I'm feeling a little better and may be able to make it to work this afternoon. I hate to use up all my vacation time being sick. I'm already out of sick days.

hang in there! we are all in this together!

sleepy....sleepy.....sleepy.....zzzzzzz..... new
      #77121 - 06/08/04 08:58 AM
Nugget

I had some side effects with the Effexor this morning after taking my first dose last night....shaky, nausea, etc.....so I took some of the Klonopin. The Doc said to take 1/2 or 1 whole pill....but I know how sensitive I am to that sort of thing so I tried to cut in 1/4 pieces and took a piece that was a little smaller that 1/4 and it made me real sleepy. So took a nap and am feeling a bit better now. Called work and told them what was going on and that I would try and make it in this afternoon.....so we'll see. I hope tomorrow isn't like this.

two weeks, huh?..... new
      #77125 - 06/08/04 09:04 AM
Nugget

so I've got two weeks to look forward to doing the "hyper jitter bug"? Glad to know it gets better, though. And...I take it that "quite randy" means "honey, I want to rip your close off and give you a full body rub"

Re: two weeks, huh?..... new
      #77127 - 06/08/04 09:06 AM
jenX

well, it took HER about 2 weeks. the jittery thing happened again when she upped her dose, so it appears to be the normal way her body deals with it.

as for the "randy" bit-- yes, and she's single. she calls with confessions about nasty thought about men she passes in the hall at work!

--------------------

side effects..... new
      #77135 - 06/08/04 09:15 AM
Nugget

I had nausea and jitters this morning after my first dose last night....hope it isn't that way every day. When I was on Zoloft the pills were such that you could break them into a smaller dose which suited me fine...but with this Effexor, they are capsules that can't be divided into a smaller dose. So jumping from the 37.5mg in a week to 75mg has me a little nervous. But, will just have to deal with it, I guess. Thanks Jen...Hope you are feeling better, soon. Maybe you need "randy". Ha!

PS: Nugget new
      #77136 - 06/08/04 09:19 AM
jenX

don't just stop it if you decide at some point not to take it (the Effexor) anymore! i know they tell you that but sometimes people ignore things like that. you've got to eke it down under your doc's direction. if you think your first 24 hour side effects are bad, just know that the withdrawl is much worse! my friend ran out and had an insurance glitch once- she went a few days without while waiting for the next prescription. well, she was a little nuto. got shaky and paranoid. ended up paying a few hundred bucks out of pocket for an early refill....

just a warning. you need to eke it down!

--------------------

actually, Nugget.... new
      #77137 - 06/08/04 09:20 AM
jenX

i'm thinking about asking to try the Effexor when i go to the doctor's office next!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 518 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13608

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review