All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
"Little Miss Sunshine" new
      #76834 - 06/07/04 09:39 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

ha!

too bad i don't feel that way! i feel grouchy!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: horrible anxiety this morning.... new
      #76843 - 06/07/04 09:50 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey,
I'm so sorry you had such a bad morning today.. It's 5:30 PM here, so I was going to ask how the rest of the day went but I just realised morning has only just come and gone for you over there, hasn't it? I am bad with time zones!
I know exactly what you mean about panicking before you go to work, and it making you too ill to make it on time, and that making you panick even more.. it's such a vicious cycle! I had it happen to me twice last week. I'm sorry you couldn't get ahold of your doctor too, why can't they just be available any time we need them?!? Seriously, when I had surgery last year, I was supposed to talk to my surgeon the morning of (to decide if I actually NEEDED the procedure or not) and all I got was his pager, and he never called me back! I had to go down to the hosptial, get 'ready' for surgery just in case I needed it, and then wait to talk to him there! Tsk, tsk.
Well, I hope you did calm down a bit and found your way to work alright. And I hope your D left you alone after that. Let us know how you got on!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: "Little Miss Sunshine" I KNEW that! But You ARE still Little Miss Sunshine most of the time!! nt new
      #76847 - 06/07/04 09:56 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

So sorry, Nugget.... new
      #76878 - 06/07/04 11:50 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey Nugget,

I think you are anxious about facing those two dummies at your office. I wish we could have kicked their butts Friday and then they wouldn't be a problem.

I have read the other answers to your post and I agree about the Xanax. I think you are having an anxiety attack and it's not depression. Xanax is great because it is fast-acting (in about 30 min to 1 hr.) and you only have to take it as needed. For instance, this morning, I bet if you had taken one you would not be feeling so anxious....and BTW these anxiety feelings sometimes bring on IBS symptoms, too.
I hope you will ask your doctor about Xanax for these especially anxious times.

Feel better soon
Barbie

PS: Good idea to reschedule your GYN appt. for another less stressful time. Don't need to add any more stress than is needed!

--------------------

Big hugs for Nugget! new
      #76880 - 06/07/04 11:54 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

So sorry to hear what you've been going through, Nugget! You've gotten tons of good advice already so I'm just going to offer a huge hug and hope things get better.

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Oh No, Jen! new
      #76882 - 06/07/04 11:56 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey Jen,

Why are you grouchy today? Aren't you feeling well? What will we do without your uplifting posts???? Please don't be grouchy too long!!!

Barbie

--------------------

Was able to get in to see my doctor and now I'm back to work.... new
      #76892 - 06/07/04 12:35 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Whew....it's been a rough morning but, I think I'm on the right road now. My doctor and his nurse were so supportive and understanding. I even got a hug from the nurse. I told her I hated to even call and she told me that if I call they know I really need something because I don't call for little "piddly" things. She said some people call for everything and cry wolf. Then before I left she told me to call anytime I need something.

The doc is going to try me on Effexor (anti anxiety/depressant) and Klonopin (mild tranquilizer) and see how I do. He said that the Xanex, with my past history of depression, wouldn't be the right med for me. And he wants to see me again in a month.

So, I feel a little better knowing that these meds should make me feel better without the side effect I spoke of earlier. The doc said that the sexual side effect may occur but shouldn't be as bad as with Zoloft that I was on a couple years ago.

There were so many wonderful replies this morning from all of you that I don't have time to reply individually to all of them....but just one great big hug for all of you. Thank you for always being here.

Re: Overwhelmed? new
      #76897 - 06/07/04 01:03 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

You know we are all always here for ya sweetie.... it may take some of us time to reply....but we are here! I sure hope you are feeling better NOW and are not so overwhelmed....I see you have LOTS to replies that I have not yet read.... but I have a feeling...with this group...you are all cheered up by now!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Was able to get in to see my doctor and now I'm back to work.... new
      #76907 - 06/07/04 01:44 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Effexor is what I've been on for years. It keeps me depression free!! I'm so glad you have a doctor and nurse that know you so well and are so nice. Even a hug from the nurse!!! Wow!!

Glad you made it into work. Have a great rest of the day, sweetie.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

for Barbie and all... new
      #76971 - 06/07/04 04:50 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

i'm sending you the magic Fairy of All That is Good! she like to tap you with that wand and make a secret wish come true. it may not be the result you wanted, but it will be the right result for you.

so wish away!

(her name is Patricia, by the way, if you don't like to call her by her whole title)

(to answer your question, no i'm not having a lot of good days. it's taking quite an effort to get up and to work and back. i am exhausted -i keep falling over!- and unfortunately i feel grouchy inside when i get this exhausted. but all will be well soon. i'm off to bed. a few good nights of sleep may work wonders!)

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 204 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13608

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review