All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Thanks for such a great idea, Laura.... new
      #76622 - 06/06/04 03:56 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I'll give it a try. I also tend to fret about things that have happened or been said that have been hurtful....I just can't get them out of my head and keep replaying the situations over and over in my head....trying to fix them I guess....but I'll give your suggestion a try.

Hubby went to his mom's to do a couple "handy man" things and so I called my mom and my brother was there and they were getting ready to go to the local greenhouse and get some flowers....so I went a long and ended up buying flowers, too. Hadn't planned on buying anything because I had already bought some, but they were so pretty, I couldn't pass them up. And the ride out in the country was nice, too.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

patricia.... new
      #76623 - 06/06/04 04:00 PM
Nugget

thank you for being so supportive...I really appreciate it and will ask about the meds.

I'm glad you have a different dentist.... new
      #76624 - 06/06/04 04:04 PM
Nugget

wouldn't want to go to the same dentist as your dog for a teeth cleaning. Ha! Thanks again for listening and for the advice.

remedy for pulling..... new
      #76626 - 06/06/04 04:08 PM
Nugget

I had trouble with one of our goldens pulling, too. I think he could pull a Mack truck by himself if you let him. I got an "anti-pull" harness at Walmart that worked pretty good and then I ordered a regular harness for him for the Drs Foster & Smith catalog. He still pulls a bit, but not as bad and with a harness it doesnt' choke the dog like it does when they pull wearing a collar. Might give it a try.

Doesn't your mother in law know that coments like that don't make the cramps any better...only worse?

Re: Thanks for such a great idea, Laura.... new
      #76655 - 06/06/04 06:24 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Yeah, you know a real gardener by the fact that we can't pass up more plants even though we don't really have a place to put them, right??!!

And yeah, I know what you mean about replaying those scenes over and over. But you just gotta stop letting those rude people live rent-free in your head!! Evict em, Nugget, okay??!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

OK...I'll try to evict them, Laura....-nt- new
      #76670 - 06/06/04 07:54 PM
Nugget

Re: Overwhelmed? new
      #76679 - 06/06/04 08:14 PM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

Hey Nugget,
as usual, laurasue has given you great advice...this is just what I was thinking about telling you. I've got those horrible little nagging voices too! Esp. when I'm trying to fall asleep (haha, no wonder I'm an insomniac!). I find that "SHUT UP" works well too. Make a list and tell yourself you can only do one thing at a time--often we can't do anything about most of the things we worry about in the present moment. This may sound silly, but I like to print out a blank schedule of the day divided up into 1/2 hour blocks, then I schedule when and how I'm going to accomplish everything. And what doesn't fit in the day, just doesn't. Tough luck. It won't get done until the next day. Seeing everything written out helps me to relax. And gardening too of course! hope you're feeling better by now

--------------------
--Julie

Re: patricia.... (I"m Here) new
      #76730 - 06/07/04 05:07 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

You're welcome and I'm sooooo happy you're going to check this out with the doctor.

Please let me know how everything goes!!

Pat

Re: Overwhelmed? new
      #76733 - 06/07/04 05:36 AM
Nugget

Thank you, Tuxedo.....I'm getting ready to go to work and would rather stay home and plant flowers or something.

I'll try your suggestions, too.

I will....-nt- new
      #76734 - 06/07/04 05:38 AM
Nugget

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 219 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13606

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review