All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Migraine Buddies
      #75501 - 06/02/04 08:40 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I just thought I would let you guys know what has happened to me over the past month since I complained so much to you for a while. After four ER visits I was finally admitted into the hospital and was in there for seven long days on a morphine pump. It was soooooo bad. I wanted someone to cut my head off.

But they finally broke my cycle. I had been taking way too many triptans and they were causing rebound headaches. I am still having some migraines, but nothing like I was. I also had to go back on the pill and that seems to have helped. That was the only thing I had changed was going off of the pill. Oh well. I can adopt.

I am still trying to get into the Headache Clinic at UNC. Will keep you guys updated when I know more. How are you guys doing with yours?

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Migraine Buddies new
      #75504 - 06/02/04 08:44 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

LOVEJOY!!! So glad to see you! I've been wondering how you were doing. How awful, what a horrid experience for you, but how fabulous that things are better now. I was just reading about situations like yours in the migraine book I just finished. They described the same protocol your treatment followed.

I'm doing much better. The preventive, atenolol, kicked in and I've only had 2 (menstrual) migraines in 21 days!

I SO glad you're better. Thank goodness. Here's a big (gentle) {{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}. I missed you.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

OMG. new
      #75512 - 06/02/04 09:08 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

geez. i'm so sorry! that sounds terrible! i'm glad, of course, that you're finding some relief.

excuse me, i'm off to count my blessings....

1, 2, 3, 4.....

--------------------

Re: Migraine Buddies new
      #75544 - 06/02/04 10:36 AM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

Oh my, Lovejoy! I'm so sorry you've been through all this! You've REALLY got them bad....I feel for you. It makes me cry just thinking that you've been in so much pain. I cannot imagine needing 7 days of morphine. Those drugs alone must have thrown you for a loop. I do hope you're doing better now. Many hugs to you!

--------------------
--Julie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2430 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 377

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review