All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
You. Yes, YOU! Here's something to think about....
      #75491 - 06/02/04 08:24 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

You have 24 hours and unlimited financial resources. What are you going to do tomorrow?

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: You. Yes, YOU! Here's something to think about.... new
      #75497 - 06/02/04 08:32 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Have liposuction & cosmetic surgery to remove the extra skin.... oh, and a boob lift (I'm currently a member of "sag")

Let Shane handle the rest.... I'll be drugged up!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (06/02/04 09:50 AM)

#75498 - 06/02/04 08:36 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

OK, here's what I would do. (this is what i am in the mood for today. maybe another time i'd feel more altruistic, but not today!)

I'm totally in a materialistic and self-indulgent mood right now and also in the mood to cheat, so here goes:

I would go to NY city. i'd rent a car and driver, of course, and also book it for the next day (you'll see why, later!). i'd also get a great expensive suite in a huge hotel- need somewhere for my Ambien slumber when it's all done, right!? during the day and into the evening i'd go to a few of the best restaurants I could find, but i'd time it just right so that i could get max shopping time in! LS, wanna meet me somewhere nice for dinner? just be sure to eat fast, i'll be in a hurry!

I'd go shopping, all day long. Especially in Prada and other stores I can't really afford to window-shop at normally. I'd buy up those dang stores buying lots of staples and quite a few frivolous trends. I'd also do some SERIOUS shoe shopping.

i'd also buy myself and my mom and best friend bookings at a nice salon (for a future day) for pampering. we all deserve it!

Here's where the cheating comes in: I'd also go to a few other stores like Saks and H&M and any other big store I passed and get a big fat gift card for myself at each. (so i can shop in the future!)

i know i'd pick up gifts for friends and family along the way. i always do (even when i'm broke!). i think i'd take a nice swing through a men's store and get some nice clothes for my super-cute youngest bro. he's craving some "adult" clothes (just graduated from college!). he's earned 'em!

Oh, and you can BET i'd be at Tiffany's! oh yeah! I'd be especially fast yet deadly in there, since I know what I like, jewelry-wise and I'd just fly through pointing and not even watching the salespeople pull it aside for me.

naturally, i'd let them hold it all for me and come back with the car the next day to pick it all up. can't have any "lugging" slow me down!

so that's my totally selfish day.

--------------------

#75502 - 06/02/04 08:41 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Wow, you're much more energetic and creative than I am. I was going to say get some good amphetimines and read for 24 hours. Seriously. That was my absolute first thought (the reading, not the uppers!).

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#75503 - 06/02/04 08:42 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

I would....
a) shop til I drop, and treat my fam. and friends to whatever they like....and
b) by as many lottery tickets as they'd let me have

#75505 - 06/02/04 08:45 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Shane's Reply Via Email......

Quote:

24 hrs to pay for my projects, or complete them...............2 different things.

Of course, just to screw up the game, I could by 36500000 one thousand dollar CDs...............one maturing each day of the year.

Assuming I couldn't do all that. I take care of Shells Dad, buy lots of dividend producing stocks (need an income stream), ensure the financial security of ourselves and our families. I would fund a few select scholarships because I think education is the key to the poor becoming the rich (including that Law School Scholarship for me ) and give big money to some local charities..................................whew, what a busy day

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#75509 - 06/02/04 08:59 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Alright I am going to take a little and give a little. First things first. I pay off the mortgage to my co-op in Queens. Then I purchase a beautiful penthouse right smack dab on Park Avenue in midtown paying it in full and have it fully furnished. I also pay off the mortgage on my parent's house and set up a trust for them and my sister.

After I buy myself a couple nice cars (Mecedes 500 Series and a Lincoln Navigato) I make sure I set up a trust for myself.

Then its off to a few hospitals where I visit the Children's Oncology wards. There I make sure I buy the kids some toys and hang out with them for awhile.

At night I hire myself a limo, get the boys and we go out for a steak dinner at Peter Luger's and then its off to a night of boozin and carousin. Thats it for me.

--------------------

#75510 - 06/02/04 09:01 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Peter Luger's ROCKS!! At least it did before I got IBS!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#75516 - 06/02/04 09:14 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Yeah it does. I am trying to pretend I dont have IBS that day!

--------------------

#75520 - 06/02/04 09:19 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Fly to London to see my boy. I can't even think of anything else. Mmmmmm maybe on a private jet, but I still think the big planes are safer. Oh and I'd hire a cleaning lady to clean my apartment so it's in good shape when I get home. Oh I guess I'd buy some diamonds and stuff, but jewelry is always best when it comes from someone else. Geeze I've only "spent" about a thousand dollars! Oh I'd hire a contractor to fix the walls and roof of my beloved church. Oh and I'd by a pony and a caretaker and a nice farm out in PA somewhere. Oh I'd also buy the building my apartment is in so I won't have to pay rent anymore. I'd let all the tenants stay, and I'll collect rent from them in the future. I'll stay in my tiny studio becasue I love it so much. Maybe when the people in the penthouse upstairs reach the end of their lease, I'll take it over. Hmm ... maybe I need some more time to finish this answer!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 434 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4786

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review