All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Another Saturday night and how I met hubby new
      #74869 - 05/30/04 09:35 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

Honey I,m sure you where not even born when I got marry 1952.how about them apples.
[hugs to all ]
Gerry.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks for all the tips new
      #74902 - 05/31/04 06:49 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I interned at the same company for 3 years while I was in college. The second summer I was there, I had to be introduced to new people. My husband was sitting there by his computer, and when I was introduced I just melted on the inside. He said he went home that night and told his roommate that he found his girl. We didn't start dating for about 3 months because of working together - and we were both shy. He asked me out by sending me an email while we were at work to meet him outside. Then - after dating for over a year with no one at the company knowing - I was asked out by another employee - and had to tell him the truth....so that's how the rumer got around. Everyone we worked with was at our wedding!

Good luck to you....seems like when you're not looking at all is when it actually happens. I know it can be hard in small towns!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

cara new
      #74912 - 05/31/04 07:02 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That is SO sweet! You guys are just gorgeous and lovely - I'm so glad you found each other!

Re: cara new
      #74949 - 05/31/04 09:20 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Aww! Thank you! I'm glad we found eachother too.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Advice and cats new
      #75096 - 05/31/04 09:14 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Hey Kandee,

Mags isn't fixed yet, but her appointment is June 28th. We weren't sure exactly how old she was so we didn't want to get it done too early. I like kittens, but one cat is enough!

Thanks for all the tips. My town is exactly that a cross between Northern Exposure and Wings with a little bit of "trailer park boys" thrown in. (That's a weird Canadian show). Very similar to wings actually. At my company up until they retired last summer we had a Roy and Faye. Each were characters in their own way.

I like you husband's saying. I'm definitely not lowering my standards

Jamie

JBI new
      #75155 - 06/01/04 08:17 AM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

My cousin lost her husband a few years back. They were happily married for a very long time. She had a hard time meeting nice men and met a few jerks along the way. Finally she tried one of the on line match services. I can't remember the name of it at the moment but there are a few good ones (I'll try to think of it - possibly match.com or something similar). She didn't tell anyone because she was embarrassed. She ended up meeting a wonderful guy that had all things in common that she did. He lived close to her and after a while of getting to know each other on line and sharing photos, etc., they decided to meet. Now they are engaged and having the time of their lives. It's something to think about. It is so hard with the whole bar scene where people aren't even being themselves. This way you really get to know them before you go further (just like you are meeting people here and getting to know them) and I think it is a good way to match up interests. Just a thought.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 539 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3030

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review