All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Sunday Status: A migraine now, so down to a 4 fibro wise.
      #72579 - 05/23/04 09:16 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I got my period so now I have menstrual cramps on top of everything else! But they only last one day and I figured out I can still take one Aleve if I take an Imodium with it, so I should be feeling better soon. We're going out this afternoon, so I'll catch yawl later!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Edited by LauraSue (05/23/04 03:34 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A migraine now, so down to a 4 fibro wise. new
      #72651 - 05/23/04 03:22 PM
LauraSue

Got a migraine while we were out, but now I'm back home in the cool dark airconditioned bedroom with an icepack waiting for the Imitrex to kick in. That makes two this week, but it's clearly because of my period.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#72659 - 05/23/04 03:43 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Laura,

I am sorry you have another migraine today. I hope the Imitrex helps. Mine went away, thank goodness. I went to bed for the night and woke up with a terrible stomach ache. No D yet, just feels like I am going to barf. That may be the Imitrex I took earlier but I usually get a stomach ache from that immediately.

I sure hoping you are feeling better after a your rest and ice pack. Take care of yourself.

Janey

--------------------
Janey

#72664 - 05/23/04 03:53 PM
LauraSue

Thanks, Janey. The Imitrex kicked in about 10 minutes ago. I can feel those funny floating feelings the triptans have as side effects! So my headache's almost gone now. I felt really nauseous earlier today too. Weird how many different ways our bodies can find to tell us who's boss!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Sorry, LS. Feel better soon. -nt- new
      #72665 - 05/23/04 03:57 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

feel better, LS, right now!!!!!!!! -nt- new
      #72719 - 05/23/04 05:47 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Re: Sunday Status: A migraine now, so down to a 4 fibro wise. new
      #72728 - 05/23/04 05:59 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

Sorry to hear about the migraine, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets them. I haven't found anything yet that helps. My Gyn Dr suggested an estrogen patch which made them 100 times worse. Are there a lot of IBSers that get migraines? Hope you feel better soon. My last migraine came at the same time a had a root canal from a very insensitive endodontist. Not fun!

estrogen and migraines! new
      #72738 - 05/23/04 06:29 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Estrogen is the worse thing for migraines! Doh! I couldn't have the pill cos of this, so I'm on Depo for contraception which is just progesterone, not that nasty estrogen!

Codeine helps me, but my wonder drug is Imigran. I have to wait until I feel really ill to take it, but then it works every time. I just go to sleep for an hour or two and I'm fine! Absolutely amazing. My father-in-law to be worked at Glaxo for years and he said that if Imigran won't work for you, then it's not a migraine, because of how it all works. But you do have to wait until it's a full-blown migraine and everyone's "drugable" time is different. So maybe give it a try?

Re: estrogen and migraines! new
      #72742 - 05/23/04 06:43 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

The only problem for me would be that I woudn't be able to lay down after I took the medicine because of having to take care of the kids. Unfortunately I just have to get through it. I'm on the pill and have been for many years. The last time I took a low estrogen pill I ended up with my 2 year old! I still have the headaches when I'm not on the pill. I am to see a neurologist and will ask about the med you recommend. Thanks for the advice!
Joan

Re: feel better, LS, right now!!!!!!!! -nt- new
      #72852 - 05/24/04 08:39 AM
LauraSue

Yes, MA'AM!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1052 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1365

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review