All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New User....Having a very bad day
      #71470 - 05/18/04 03:33 PM
AshleyGraham

Reged: 05/18/04
Loc: Mount Airy, NC

Hi, I'm a new user....today is my first day and I am really enjoying reading all the post and stuff. I do have a question...I was diagnosed with IBS about 4 years ago...right after I had a C-section with my 4yr old. However the past three days have been really weird for me. Normally I have the terrible cramping pains and then go to the bathroom...today however was different. I felt really full and bloated all day....like a had a brick in my stomach. Well, also I have panic attacks and after that feeling I really got nervous and felt extremely nauseated and my stomach was really rumbly. I dont know if any of you have ever felt like this with your IBS. Its concerning me that's its lasted for 3 days....my attacks usually last about 10 min and then I am fine...of course until another one....Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New User....Having a very bad day new
      #71471 - 05/18/04 03:45 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

Sorry you are having a bad day. You have come to the right place for info and help. I, too, have panic attacks and feel nauseated and just not right for several days after.
I am on Librax to help the anxiety and relax my stomach. I think it is helping me. If I have a really bad panic attack I take Xanax. I do not like to take that unless it is absolutely necessary. It really does help you relax, though. Sometimes my stomach feels like a brick, too, especially if I am nervous. I think it might be gas. Try some phazyme and see if that helps. Have you ever been to a doctor about your panic attacks?

Feel better soon
Barbie

--------------------

#71472 - 05/18/04 03:50 PM
AshleyGraham

Reged: 05/18/04
Loc: Mount Airy, NC

Thank you so much for the information. I have been to the doctor for my panic attacks and I do take Xanax when needed. Like you I dont like to take it unless its absolutely necessary so I did take one today cause I really was "flipping out". I just started Zoloft today and thought that might make me feel the way I did however I was on it a few years ago and did not have the nausea symptoms..Once again thanks. Its nice to talk to people who dont think your crazy about how you feel.. My husband does not understand any of this and thinks it all in my head....no its in my stomach! Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

#71484 - 05/18/04 04:38 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Welcome aboard, Ashley!! Hope you feel better soon. Come share with us again soon, okay?!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Nausea new
      #71543 - 05/19/04 02:44 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Try and make sure you keep some soluble fibre in your tummy all the time. I get really nauseous when I don't eat regularly enough.

And start Heather's diet! It's changed my life - it's totally amazing.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1081 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 784

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review