All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
thanks, peaches new
      #71335 - 05/18/04 07:36 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

actually, we're working on the sleep meds right now! just upped my newish prescription and got a few good hours of sleep this morning.

HAVE FUN DRIVING TODAY!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: All understandable..........Kandee, not good news! Feel better, hon!! -nt- new
      #71348 - 05/18/04 07:52 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: LS new
      #71351 - 05/18/04 07:58 AM
LauraSue

Okay, so you're still on a tricyclic. That's good. Hope this one doesn't cause the weight gain like the other one.

Do I have days when I don't know yet how I feel? Absolutely, and that's exactly what I say to Andy when he asks, "How are you feeling today?" I say, "I don't know yet." Although that was more common in the first six months. The fibro fog has lifted enough now, or I've gotten accustomed enough to assessing how I feel. I can now almost always tell exactly what the day's going to be like within an hour of getting up. And as I've said, I try now always to have a Plan A and a Plan B!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: LS new
      #71439 - 05/18/04 01:46 PM
jenX

so how long ago were you diagnosed, LS? i assumed it wasn't recently, but now i'm getting the idea what it was....

if it was recent, were you having symptoms before that? am i being nosey?!

i know i have had the symptoms for years and years, now that i know what to look back for.... but of course it's gotten so much worse that it kinda forced my hand.

ah well, but you know all about me....

i'm going to take a walk. only 6 or 7 minutes, but it's something, right!?

--------------------

A WALK!!! Good for you! new
      #71449 - 05/18/04 02:04 PM
LauraSue

And 5 minutes is like 5 miles for normals so that's GREAT!!

I was diagnosed informally by my baby sister three years ago or so. She had it and got a confirmed diagnosis and told me it sounded like I might have it too. She got me a copy of the book by Devin Starlanyl and when I read the part about feeling like you got hit by a Mack truck in your sleep, I cracked up, because I'd been asking my hubby for years if he got the license plate of the truck that ran over me last night. So I figured my sister was right, I probably had it too.

My official dx was March of last year. My doctor did the tender point thing and stuff and said, yup, you got it! But it wasn't until that fateful day in Tampa on business that I got REALLY sick. That was last April 25. So it's now been just over one year I've been living with this beastie. (Nice kitty, nice kitty, don't scratch Mama now!!)

And yes, looking back I now think I've had it my whole life, just in milder form. I'm constantly thinking of things and saying, ohmigod that was due to the fibro. Like hating gym class. Like not being able to move after jogging. Like being sick for a month after a business trip to the Far East. Yeah, exactly the way you described.

And no you're not being nosey! I love talking about myself, haven't you noticed??!! Especially to a captive audience, BWAHH HA HA HA HA!! (Is that how you spell the evil laugh? I can never remember.)

Seriously, sweetie, ask me anything anytime. If I can help someone else even a little bit, it helps me too, so much you can't begin to imagine. I call it repaying the luck gods. Because even with all said and done, we're still (unfortunately and frustratingly) lucky that it isn't worse. Yeah I know, poop on that!!!!!!

So what else ya wanna know? Am I still gorgeous? Heck, yeah!! At least on the days I have the energy to put on makeup!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: thanks, peaches new
      #71504 - 05/18/04 07:33 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Ooooooooooh that's good!! Let us know how your night goes!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Re: Help. Mental/physical breakdown. LS? Linz? anyone? new
      #71541 - 05/19/04 02:35 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh honey! That sucks big time. Don't freak out hon, when you're having a crappy time, just cry all you want (I'd just suggest lying down first as crying wipes me out! ).

Sounds like you're in a bad patch with your Fibro (not meaning to point out the obvious!). I got like that last fall. Seems like sometimes it all gets too much for your body and the "flare-up" just goes on and on (LS, do you get that too?). But I came out of that spell and you will too. It's almost like a relapsing-remitting disease that way. Don't get me wrong, I still have bad days atm, but they're not EVERY day like they were then. Maybe talking to your boss about taking longer-term sick-leave for a month or something would be an idea?

Re the whole standby thing when you wake-up, I have it all the time with my flare-ups. Usually I'll get up feeling not great, but workable, but by the time I'm out of the shower and getting dressed, I'll just keel over!

I know it sounds nuts (and I don't exactly follow my own advice all the time!) but have you tried yoga when you're having a bad day? Obviously, if you can't get out of bed, then it's not much of an option. But I did a class once when I was at work and hardly able to move and it really helped. Amazing! I think you need a teacher to make you do something other than corpse pose, though! Thinking of corpse pose, do you lie like this when you can't sleep? I've found that on a bad day, lying in corpse pose actually rests me more than sleeping (because it'd be crappy sleep ).

Make sure you conserve your energy too. I get so bored when I can't move out of bed, that as soon as I have the energy, I want to be and and doing stuff (even if it's only reading a book), but I've found that doing that ain't a good idea for me - it just sets me back. So I try and make myself lie there doing nothing. Though music keeps me sane!

I'm thinking of getting an electric blanket for the days when the heating pad just isn't big enough! It's crazy, isn't it?

Anyway, hope you're feeling a bit better today. If anything here doesn't make sense, it's cos my Fibro frog has been eating my brain all w/e!

Love ya hon. [[[[[[Hugs]]]]]]

Better late than never? new
      #71545 - 05/19/04 02:53 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Jen,
I know I'm a bit late as you've had lotsa replies.. and then replied to lotsa replies.. and then replies to those, even!.. but I still wanted to send you some warm thoughts. I admit I don't know a lot about fibro, but I am so sorry that you are going through any sort of pain. The exhaustion sounds terrible, and I think you are (in the words of my boyfriend) "such a trooper" <-- sounds stupid enough to make me laugh/groan when I don't feel well.. for going through it all. I second what everyone else said about crying if you want to cry, and trying not to stress about work (even though that's really tough!).
I hope you get some sleep, I hope you don't have so much pain and I hope you get a wee bit of energy.
***hugs hugs hugs***
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

of course you're still gorgeous! new
      #71644 - 05/19/04 11:18 AM
jenX

i didn't even need to ask that question!

well, thanks for telling me all this stuff. it really helps me a lot.

i'm working on getting offline now, but will write more soon!

--------------------

Linzy... new
      #71647 - 05/19/04 11:33 AM
jenX

than danged fibro frog! he's such a pain! and to think, i used to love frogs.

i want to try yoga, but geesh, it sounds so daunting! i love doing it when i'm well, but i'm just terrified to do it now. i'm really trying to get up enough energy to try to get back to work consistently, so i'm afraid of anything that might cause a setback. i'm sure that makes sense, right, but maybe i'm being too careful? i just think if walking up the steps wears me out, how could yoga not!?

hey, do you ever get weird chills? like you have a fever but you don't? i've been driven nearly batty with that recently! i know it's the fibro. i will get goose bumps all over and really chilly, then 3 minutes later i'm pulling off the blanket and sweater 'cause i'm sweating my butt off! (too bad not literally!). there's no other reason for it but the fibro- i have no fever and by god i hope i'm not in perimenapause! i'm only 33!

ok, really, i'm going to take a nap now! thanks for making me feel better (as you always do!).

SMOOCHES, Linz!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 506 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12470

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review