All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Possible Job Opportunity!
      #70084 - 05/13/04 09:30 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I am soooo excited! This is sort of a long story so if you make it to the end and actually understand it.. there's free cookies for you!

I currently work at a packaging company and, honestly, am not quite sure what my title is. I do the accounts receivable, human resources, and payroll for the company. While I like what I do in my job, it seems as if it's more AR than human resources and payroll - where I'd like it to be the other way around. But I told myself I wouldn't switch jobs unless it was to a legal position so I can get my foot in the door somehow.

So an opportunity has arisen to possibly interview for a legal secretary position! Our new receptionist Shannon (a co-worker's sister) used to have the job and was telling me about how she loved it and that her boss was great. The only reason she left was that she didn't really like the legal stuff and wanted to move into something that she would enjoy if she were to move around in the company.

Lucky for me, I like the legal mumbo-jumbo! My major is Administration of Justice after all!

Their other sister Crystal had taken over Shannon's position two weeks ago (she had been a temp here for the last two months before that filling in for our accounts payable lady), but fractured her knee and can't drive anymore until it heals. Before that, though, she had admitted to me that she really didn't like the legal stuff either and wished she could come back to my company. It was too bad that there wasn't away to just "switch jobs".

So now that she can't drive, her boss told her he needs someone and will have to replace her. She's going to give him my resume today and recommend me (mention my major and schooling too!), and hopefully I'll get a call back! Then if I turned in my 2 week notice, I could recommend Crystal for my position and she could get a ride with one of her sisters. And I know my boss likes Crystal because she's been trying to find a position here for her.

I'm just hoping that I can at least get an interview! It sounds like I'm very qualified for the job and would be able to learn more about law for school. I've been trying not to get too excited in case it doesn't happen, but it's hard not to be!

Thanks for reading if you got this far. Here's your cookies!

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Possible Job Opportunity! new
      #70095 - 05/13/04 09:59 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh that will be so cool if you can go there and she can take your spot. How perfect would that be!!

GOOD LUCK.... I hope you get that call..... but, if you don't in a few days... I personally would call him!!

Thanks for the cookies.....they were yummy (and IBS safe right?)

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#70139 - 05/13/04 11:45 AM
Jennifer Rose

Thanks Shell!

And of course it's safe in IBS Cookie Land!

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

#70167 - 05/13/04 01:31 PM
bz

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hi Jen,

Great news! I really hope you get the job. I've been a legal secretary for 26 years and I love my job.

Barbara

WOOHOO! I got an interview! :) new
      #70520 - 05/14/04 03:35 PM
Jennifer Rose

I have an interview for the position next Tuesday at 11:45am! Crystal told the guy about me and he is very excited because I'm interested in law. I guess he hasn't had any secretaries that have been. He sounded really nice and professional at the same time over the phone - I'm really hoping this works out. This job pays more too! He hasn't even seen my resume yet either and already wants to interview me.

Which is sort of funny because I get my review here next week. I sort of hope they do it on Monday because I know they're gonna be stingy on the raise - they've been doing it a lot lately (I do payroll so I see!). I know they're paying people who do way less way more money than me so it will be a good reason to give my notice.

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

That's fantastic Jen.............. new
      #70548 - 05/14/04 05:31 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

and come next Tues. we will be sending good vibs your way to knock his socks off during the interview........and some ESP to your potential boss to HIRE YOU!!!!
If you watched the "Mentalist" on TV, you'll see it CAN be done!!!

I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am for you............you will be awesome and they (he) will be lucky to have you!!!

Good luck!!!! (BTW, I'll take those FF, GF cookies in Vegas, thank you!!! )

Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1466 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 390

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review