All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Re: Customer Service new
      #67518 - 05/04/04 05:20 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

Quote:

I was working for a paper & plastics company as a customer service rep...(HATING EVERY MINUTE OF IT) And had my resume out everywhere!

My mom is customer service rep and she abolutely HATES her job as well!! She answers about 150 calls (each is maybe 15-20 minutes long?) and she's completely exhausted when she gets home! She's searching everywhere for a new job, and unfortunately our town's ecomonical status is at a drastic low! So no luck yet....you got out of that job now, right? I hope so!!

LOL! My mom's in customer service, too. She actually likes her job, but hates her new boss. Figures.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: OH BOY. new
      #67519 - 05/04/04 05:22 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

while i was living there, she and her "boyfriend" got in a fight that ended up with her shooting him in the foyer. (i had been at work with the dog, and came home to a foyer full of blood and no idea how it got there.) she got evicted at that point, even though she was in jail for a while. she was only back for 3 days and REALLY manic and fired up. she had a loud religious meeting every night with a group of people who came over and screamed and yelled and sang. guess she was "saved" in jail. she moved out after those 3 days, thank goodness!

Wow, Jen. That's quite the housemate story... yikes.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Hmmm..... 5 Years Ago? new
      #67526 - 05/04/04 06:34 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

Hi Bev,you are still YOUNG,VIBRANT,FIT,GORGEOUS.remember you
told me you are only as old as you feel. Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Re: Tell Us....What Where You Doing At This Time 5 Years Ago? -nt- new
      #67527 - 05/04/04 06:45 PM
Gerry10

lets see,not much of any thing.5 years ago I didn,t have a
computer,so it is 6:36 PM so I was watching the news on TV.
an at that time I didn,t know I had IBS.still had my gall
bladder.was doing a lot of running to the bath room didn,t know why.5 years ago no one knew nothing.Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#67531 - 05/04/04 06:57 PM
supersilks

Reged: 04/27/04
Loc: Phoenix, Az

im' new. but i'll play
five years ago i was 33 years old and was a major marketing rep for a local psychiatric hospital. Cell phone, pager, briefcase, nylons, acrylic nails, hair done, makeup , big bucks....

in the past five years i've had 2 more kids, quit my job to be a stay home mama. Started a tiedye business online. Sold that biz and opened a new biz and i spend most of my days in my jammies playing with the kids, on the swings..sandbox...doing puzzles...making fruit loop necklaces. We swim. We go to playgroup. We cook and bake (now only ibs recipes lol)
life is good. and now following the diet i've not been sick in like 4 days straight so i'm happY!

--------------------
~Barb
www.supersilks.com
Everyone deserves silk
I'm the mama. Just the mama. Always the mama.

Eating Disorders and IBS new
      #67532 - 05/04/04 06:58 PM

Unregistered

Quote:

I was getting ready to graduate from High School and leave my crappy yet wonderful suburban childhood home for Bucknell University. I was still in a pretty bad relationship with a guy I'd keep dating for another year and a half, but life was basically good. I didn't have IBS yet, but my eating habits were pretty bizairre on their own. Still not sure if what I had counts as a full blown eating disorder, or if I was just a whacky and insecure teen. Either way, I was pretty darn skinny! All that garbage was kind of on-and-off from age 13 to 21. I've done some browsing on past threads and there seems to be a few of us who dabbled in the anorexic arts. I definitely believe there might be a link there -- something about getting our bodies used to extremely low-cal, low-fat diets, and then trying to resume normal eating. That's about when I got IBS -- right when I started relaxing about what I ate and stopped worrying that everything would make me fat. If nothing else, it probably made us fantastic IBS diet followers.

For those who have had eating disorders that resulted in IBS. Check this out....This is an editorial on a book from Ralph Lauren's niece.

This memoir about bulimia and its effects by Ralph Lauren's niece alternates between the gruesomely fascinating and tediously sad. Thirty-one-year-old Lauren, whose father (Ralph's brother) heads Ralph Lauren Men's Design, depicts in excruciating detail her odyssey through bingeing, purging, the debilitating sickness that ensues and her struggle to heal. Her story spans her life from the age of nine, when she's rejected by the prestigious School of American Ballet and subsequently embarks on her first attempt to starve herself into the perfect dancer's physique, to her torments as an adult running the gamut of traditional doctors and New Age healers as she tries to recover from a painful and depressing illness presumably brought on by her compulsive fasting, bingeing, purging and exercising. The pressure from her family to be beautiful and her alienation from her own body emerge as Lauren minutely describes her agonies over what she'll eat at each next meal, the clothing choices of everyone she meets and the intimate details of her bowel movements . This book raises the question of whether contemporary fashion standards pressure young women into the destructive behaviors of anorexia and bulimia. Lauren is intelligent, creative and a skilled writer, and she evokes empathy. She has a few encouraging epiphanies, as when, at age 30, she attends a Ralph Lauren fashion show and realizes, "The clothing is incredible as always, but who needs it?" The book's abrupt ending and dearth of conclusions, however, disturbingly portend that the reader may come away with more insights than the author.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Edited by Aunie (05/04/04 07:07 PM)

#67537 - 05/04/04 07:05 PM
Gerry10

Oh boy you all are really makeing me feel very old.how about
you Bev.5 years ago how about 20 -30-40 years ago.I was young an very pretty if I have to say so myself.someday I,ll
send you a picture of me when I was 21.when I was 21 I was marryed an had 4 children.they where the good old days.I
could really tell you some storys.but they where happy days.my children an my hubby was the most wonderful things an still are.remember I have been marryed for 52 years.before any of you where even born.most of you are younger then my children.my youngest girl just turn 30.Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#67540 - 05/04/04 07:11 PM
Gerry10

keep up the good work Supersilks.when I was your age I didn,t know what IBS was.I,m still working hard at it.Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

First Flight new
      #67549 - 05/04/04 07:25 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

It's interesting that you picked today for this thread. I went and checked my flying log book, and 5 years ago today was my very first flying lesson. I had spent a year working really hard at my college program (they only took the top 37 of 154 students after first year to start flight training). My flight instructor at the time was a Russian guy who had only lived in Canada for a few years. He was 'sterotypical' Russian in that I could have sworn he was recruiting me for the Russian airforce.

I still lived in civilization.

After my lesson I went over to my girlfriend's house and we celebrated by going to Taco Bell.

Ah, how things change.

Re: Tell Us....What Where You Doing At This Time 5 Years Ago? new
      #67550 - 05/04/04 07:26 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

OMG... now that I think about it it was 5 years ago either last night or tonight that I was hanging out at Adam's apartment and tried smoking a certain not-quite-legal substance for the first and last time. It was the night before a final, too, which is completely not something I would usually do (even though I aced the final). I guess I was going through my rebelious phase then...

Kree.... you naughty naughty girl you...oh my...I NEVER would have guess that about YOU!! hehehe You rebel you!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 174 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15783

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review