All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Customer Service new
      #67493 - 05/04/04 04:10 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I was REALLY "jack of all trades" but only got the title and pay of customer service. I did all customer service, purchase & recieving.... worked 10-12 hour days will NO LUNCH..... it was CRAZY... I was the go to girl. I loved my job for the 1st couple of years but then we merged with another company, got a new owner,.... he did not know how to run a business... so he got into trouble money wise and then started letting everyone go.... he kept me, I took at many positions and got ZERO pay increase!! (*note: he is out of business now and lost his home over it) IDIOT!! I started the job I'm at now in July 1st 1999!

OMG practically the same thing happened to her! Things weren't so bad for her at first (it's an insurance company) and she didn't mind work, but the business all went to a new guy who had no clue how to run the company and switched the computer programs they were using, he let go a total of 350 people in just our city alone (so far!) and everyone is in fear for their jobs! And now my mom and the other 12 people who are left in the call center have to cover a bunch of other jobs on top of all those calls. So when the phone rings now at home, I'M the one that gets to answer it!

Peaches:

I feel your Mom's pain.... tell her I wish her the best.... everything happens for a reason...just think of all those skills she has for her resume now!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (05/04/04 04:30 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tell Us....What Where You Doing At This Time 5 Years Ago? new
      #67494 - 05/04/04 04:12 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

probably cut more classes than I attended.. bad girl.

Jen... your such a bad girl... but we would not have it any other way!!

--------------------

#67495 - 05/04/04 04:15 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I was being made fun of constantly for my accent! I was going to speech class regularly to correct so that I could speak with a "proper" American accent lol! But it worked.

Peaches... you really took classes? Yawl know... there ain't no such thing as a "proper" American accent.... eh.... LOL

--------------------

#67496 - 05/04/04 04:16 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Now as I look at myself and think IT IS MY TURN!! I am determined to be the victor over this IBS thing. One way or another, I will.

Now gigi....DON'T for forget that!! Wow... now THAT is a story... your one tough cookie!

--------------------

Re: OH BOY. new
      #67497 - 05/04/04 04:20 PM
Shell Marr

JenX... you have one heck of a time too!! geesshhhh.......

CRAZY neighbors.... idots who don't deserve pets.... and A**hole Mgt.... and then IBS got ya..... uuggggg.....

But THAT portion of your life is over...... we just get better from here! RIGHT?!!?!?

--------------------

#67498 - 05/04/04 04:22 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hating the school and my parents because I couldn't get my driver's lisence because of a vacation we took in the summer that prevented me from taking driver's ed.

rosiechica...Oh, that would suck!! I recall taking mine a during summer school.... that was so stressful for me!!

But then......PROM..... oh in the younger years!!

--------------------

#67499 - 05/04/04 04:24 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Five years ago I was in seventh grade

tarabara: THANKS for making me feel so freaken old!! LOL

--------------------

#67500 - 05/04/04 04:27 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Haha, I knew my insanity would come in handy someday!

AmandaPanda

LOL.... that was kinda funny! Well, not your eating disorder but what you learned from it.... discipline must be great.... I myself...have ZERO!!

--------------------

Re: Hmmm..... 5 Years Ago? new
      #67501 - 05/04/04 04:29 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Five years ago? I was young, fit, vibrant, gorgeous...

Something went terribly wrong!

Now Bevrs... that's not a good girl.... you should not say things like that about yourself. It's ok if I do.... but you can't

--------------------

Re: Tell Us....What Where You Doing At This Time 5 Years Ago? -nt- new
      #67517 - 05/04/04 05:18 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

5 years ago... wow. 5 years ago I was just finishing my freshman year of college. I was probably taking exams this week and then packing up and heading home for the Summer. I had recently broken up with my boyfriend of almost 2 years, Scott, which was really a good thing because even though he was a great guy we just weren't right for each other (Side note: he's marrying one of my best friends this Summer and I'm a bridesmaid! ).

I was also getting over another guy, Adam. I fell hard for Adam after going on a choir trip to Mexico and really connecting with him. We hung out a lot during the last couple months of school (and he may have been part of the reason I broke up with Scott), but it was too good to be true. I was devestated when I found out that he was engaged. He graduated that year and I've only seen him once since. We keep in touch over e-mail, though... but I can honestly say I've never completely gotten over him, even though we were never really together and I've dated a few guys since. Is that pathetic?

OMG... now that I think about it it was 5 years ago either last night or tonight that I was hanging out at Adam's apartment and tried smoking a certain not-quite-legal substance for the first and last time. It was the night before a final, too, which is completely not something I would usually do (even though I aced the final). I guess I was going through my rebelious phase then...

I guess that's about it. It all has to do with guys, what's up with that?!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 186 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15789

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review