All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Tell Us....What Where You Doing At This Time 5 Years Ago? -nt- new
      #67828 - 05/05/04 10:59 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. I had the same thing happen to me early last year. I met a girl, we connected really well, BUT, she had a boyfriend and things got ridiculously complicated. We don't even talk anymore and she moved back to Ireland, yet is dating a different guy in Winnipeg now. I have tried to e-mail her every once and a while, and she's sent me back a brief impersonal e-mail once or twice. Long story short I'm really disappointed that we didn't get to see how we'd be together.

But I think that's the whole reason why I'm not over her, because with other girls I've dated, I know that we gave it a fair shot, things didn't work out and we move on. But in this case, we never got to really see how we'd be together so there'll always be that 'what if?'

You know, it sounds a lot less pathetic when you put it that way, Jamie! You're right, it is that question about what could have been that keeps me thinking about this guy. It's that whole idea of the-one-who-got-away.

I'm sorry about your experience! Finding people who you connect with that well is so rare, I know how disappointing it is when it doesn't work out.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#67956 - 05/05/04 04:24 PM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

Kree, speaking of being pathetic (and boys)...5 years I had just finished my first year of college, too. I was dating one guy and totally in love with his friend, who was something of an alocholic, but I didn't care. Let's just say I was indecisive and didn't know who I really liked. What did I do? Well, over the summer I broke up with my boyfriend. And in the fall, I started learning German, because that's what this other guy studied. Now that's pathetic! Not really though, since I love German and have long since gotten over both of those guys (sorta). I agree though that if you haven't give a relationship a real go, you always wonder what could have been! That's a lesson I didn't learn til the next year.

--------------------
--Julie

#68037 - 05/05/04 11:05 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Five years ago I still lived in Spain. My father-in-law died from Colon cancer. He was a wonderful man and like my father because my own father was never around. I was getting ready for my oldest daughters graduation from high school.

Now I am getting ready for my son to graduate this year in June. Times goes by so quickly. Seems it was just yesterday he was my sweet, shy, little tow-headed boy who only wanted to be with his mommy. Now . . . I am very emotional these days and cry at the drop of a hat.

I had IBS then and still have it now.

Life is good.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15753

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review