All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
I'm going to talk to my doc... new
      #67223 - 05/04/04 06:19 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

about this too. I have a lot of the same symptoms too. My mom's doc told her the other day that Epstine-Barr can turn into Fibro. I don't know what's wrong with me....hopefully I'll get it figured out soon! To have IBS is one thing but then to add all these other factors too...is enough to drive on the the looney bin!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jen..just curious.. new
      #67224 - 05/04/04 06:21 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Hi Jen,

Just curious if you are still going to stay gluten-free? Does that tie in to your diagnosis in anyway? I saw an ayruvedic doctor over the weekend and was told to stay off wheat/gluten...only my second day but feel way better already. They came out with these new gluten free Thai dishes at the grocery store made by Thai Kitchen..yummy. Check out www.thaikitchen.com. They are a little high in salt and sugars but you put on the spices and oil yourself so you can adjust these. They are great when you don't have the time or energy to cook.

Hope you are well. My brother in law is in Baltimore Maryland this week...so watch out for a lost looking Maine boy!

Cindy

Re: Jen..just curious.. new
      #67226 - 05/04/04 06:30 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

yes, i'm going to stay GF. i don't know if that ties into the fibro at all or not. i know that often people with fibro develop sensitivities to all sorts of things, for example to various smells - which don't bother me. maybe my sensitivity is to gluten? all i know if i feel much better if i stay away from it! i noticed a difference almost immediately, myself, especially when it came to bloating!

i have bought those Thai kitchin packs. they're awesome! love 'em.

--------------------

Re: I'm going to talk to my doc... new
      #67227 - 05/04/04 06:36 AM
jenX

from what i've read, epstein barr CAN lead to fibro and to CFS (for those who consider those different issues). i just read a book last night that considers CFS a different version of fibro with the predominant symptom being the exhaustion rather than the pain.

it can't hurt to get it checked out, Steph, especially since you're battling that fatigue all the time! another thing, apparently a lot of people with fibro are very susceptible to getting germies (colds, viruses, flu) because their immune system ends up flooey. i'm lucky i don't have that problem, which i mostly credit to eating so daggone well on Heather's diet! also... i never go out anywhere to get germies.

keep me posted. by the way, Steph, how are your thryroid meds helping the tiredness?

--------------------

Re: I'm going to talk to my doc... new
      #67228 - 05/04/04 06:44 AM
StephS

Thanks Jen!

Nope meds aren't helping. I'm going to the Doc again on the 10th. I'm going to have him test me for everything under the sun!!!

I haven't been to see him yet. That other appt I was telling you about..turned out to be with his nurse practitioner.....so I didn't go. I wanted to see the DOC!!! HELLO people!!!!! So I for sure have an appt with HIM this coming Monday! He's such a great Doc! I really like him! I know he'll help me out. I just know something isn't right with my body. I feel sick all the time. The fatigue is killing me. I have some good days or half a day and by 5 or so I get headache, nausea, hot, and dang tired! Its getting old now! I can't wait to see him!

I'll keep you posted! Thanks Jen

--------------------

Re: Jen and Steph.. new
      #67230 - 05/04/04 06:54 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Check out this article www.suite101.com/article.cfm/16528/107625

Cindy

remind me about your appt so i can send you good vibes on Monday! -nt- new
      #67235 - 05/04/04 06:59 AM
jenX

--------------------

Cindy new
      #67248 - 05/04/04 07:52 AM
StephS

Thanks Cindy,

Thats a good article. I think I'll print that off and take to my Doc!

--------------------

A huge thank you...........as in the 4th paragraph new
      #67329 - 05/04/04 10:28 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

it talked about thyroid antibodies.............and fibro....

When I was tested the normal range was 0-40...........Mine was 8,000.............that's right..........well, we don't know if it's right, I've been tested again but I don't have the results yet..........if it's right.........this could be the missing link...........FIBRO!

Kandee

--------------------

JenX new
      #67331 - 05/04/04 10:31 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I just can't thank you enuf for this.............I counted having 12 out of the list.............

And I'm going to run with it if, when the thyroiditis is over, I still have these sypmtoms.

It is so disappointing to think one would have to live this way without relief. Keep us updated on your new meds ok?

You are a jewel!!!!

Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 55601

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review