All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
really? new
      #67438 - 05/04/04 02:06 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

thanks, LS. i'm glad i'm on track. i've been reading real hard!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yes! Really!! -nt- new
      #67505 - 05/04/04 04:42 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: really? new
      #67611 - 05/05/04 03:13 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I've always been pretty sensitive to smells with my migraines, but now my sense of smell is awesome, so bad smells make me feel poohey. But I can tell who's been in a room by the smell and all kind of things that my HTB can never smell - sometimes I feel like a human bloodhound!

Jen, you should be a patient advocate or something. You're awesome at explaining all this!

Kandee new
      #67612 - 05/05/04 03:19 AM
Linz

Oh, I get the jaw thing...sometimes I feel like I must have mumps or tetanus or something, my jaw gets so stiff and painful!

And the dizziness! And feeling faint, etc.

And I never knew till I found out about Fibro that restless leg wasn't normal .

The only OTC painkiller I find works for the Fibro pain is Ibuprofen, but obviously I try to avoid that as it's so bad for sensitive tummies. Paracetomol and codeine does very, very little for my Fibro pain...but works for my headaches!

Re: Cindy new
      #67629 - 05/05/04 05:47 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Your welcome Steph. I hope you get a breakthough with your Doc. Let us know.

Cindy

Re: YourWelcome! new
      #67630 - 05/05/04 05:56 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Wow! That is high!

I'll tell you I have gotten so much farther with helping myself from listening to these boards than with any Docs!

Good Luck talking to your Docs.
Cindy

All such interesting information.... new
      #67664 - 05/05/04 07:40 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

but, if this is what I have, and it's going to be chronic, I have no idea how people live with it, day in day out. I have a great friend (who lives in another state) who is a psychologist that works in pain management as her specialty. She took 3 years to learn to walk after a bad car accident, has IBS, Diabetes, Fibro, hypertension, and a pacemaker her heart is totally reliant on. Yet, she goes on and helps others in the most awesome ways I've never seen... Says that's the key, for one..........is to stay busy and not give the mind a chance to dwell on it. She too, addresses the 5 stages of death with her patients.

I didn't realize the blood going to the stomach after a meal could create the dizzies. Makes sense though, since I know my hubby had worse heart arrhythmias (the dangerous kind) after he ate and the explination was just that........all the blood went to the stomach to aid in digestions. All the more reason to eat slow and light!!

Interesting about the pain meds NOT helping fibro related pain, only others. I can believe it. The mind works in mysterious ways. Have you or anyone else here explored acupuncture for pain? If this is to be an on going thing with me and there is no relief from conventional medicine that is one of the first of the other areas I'm going to look.

I tried your ice on the neck trick last night. Contrary to what I thought, the ice on the BACK of the neck felt pretty good, and dulled the pain but not for long. I didn't do it repetitively, and maybe that's the answer. On the front of the neck it was not a good thing..........the goiter said "no way this does NOT feel good". The goiter got it's way. I hate that word, goiter, it's an ugly word, but then it's an ugly protrution as well, but I'm not pulling a Diane Keaton (with turtlenecks) just yet.

Not chenching or grinding at night. The grinding came to a hault when I got crowns, for some strange reason. I am trying to always mindfully keep my jaw loose in hopes that will help. I did all those headache exercises, like pulling your ears out to look like Alfred E. Newman, etc. but they don't seem to do it for me. Wonder if a good massage would help.

The dizziness........I was explaining to my friends at a luncheon the other day. One smart ass said, "so what else is new with you?" sheesh, they know me to well.

Getting up a million times to pee when you have like you said, "a bladder the size of a fennel seed" (love that) is so true. I understand that's an IBS thing. I DO feel best in the AM and it goes down hill from there as the day goes on. I never, never, ever took a nap before. Now I want one when ever I can!! Irksome! How do you get anything done? CFS ? Likely.

The RLS runs in my family. I can remember my mom and my aunts getting it at about this age and it running for about 10 years then going away, so I NEVER associated it with fibro. Drives you nuts, doesn't it. Fortunately it only happens for about 15 minutes until I go to sleep, but if I take an IBS med for spasms, it will go on all night.

Question. For the fatique have you ever gotten a vitamin drip? It takes about one and a half hrs. on an IV and is awesome since it all goes into the blood stream and never has to get processed thru the gut. When I got soooo sick with the IBS at first, I couldn't take any vitamins, let alone much food. I went to the vit drip and it was the only thing that helped. It's not covered by any insurance,and not cheap, and usually only done by an ACAM M.D. If you're interested look at www.acam.org for a doctor in your area and give them a call. A little tip: take or ask if they have heating pads there and cover the IV site with the heating pad, also ask procain be put in the IV solution........if you are supper sensitive to pain this all helps. Next chance I get I'm going in for one, AFTER I get to know more about the thyroid mess I'm in. I see an Endo in about 2 weeks and if I don't like his answers I'm going back to my ACAM M.D....he's the one that diagnosed the subacute thyroiditis in the first place.

Thanks again, Keep sharing, JenX an all the other fibro people here.......it really helps!!! I'm sure we are boring the heck out of the others..................thus we need a different room to post in. Right?

Kandee

--------------------

Linz new
      #67670 - 05/05/04 07:51 AM
Kandee

Wow, I'm glad to know I'm not in the only boat. Thanks Linz. I can soooo relate. Unfortunately the jaw doesn't go into "lock jaw" as in unable to eat. That I do just fine, in fact to fine for my own good. Yep, the feeling faint goes with the dizzies............not a good thing. I was taught when I was little to always sit right down on the floor if you felt faint and put your head down in front of you. I've been doing that a lot. Makes me feel stupid, but at least I won't fall down if I DO faint. RLS is not a good thing when you have a bed partner. Hubby just laughs, but DOES stay a good distance away when that is occuring! LOL

Coedine for the headaches? Works for me...I could do that..sounds good............bet I could get to needing it on a daily basis, LOL, right? But...............here again, it does NOT address the other fibro symptoms? We are sure wired animals, we humans, aren't we? Have you ever tried acupuncture? I'm wondering if there isn't certain Yoga positions just for headaches. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Kandee

--------------------

Tarabara, There is no way YOU can have these things and new
      #67674 - 05/05/04 08:00 AM
Kandee

have it be fibro............I just won't let it happen, ok? How about if we call them "growing pains" and soon you'll be gone with them. You have an entire life ahead of you, and IBS is bad enuf for you to have to deal with without this other junk. Don't dwell on it...........just live every day to the fullest you can.......this is some of the most fun times of your life........so enjoy them!!!

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Linz new
      #67675 - 05/05/04 08:00 AM
Linz

Hmm, I'm considering acupuncture too. Heard loads of good things about it with migraines and Fibro.

When this crazy time (new house, wedding, etc) is over, I'm going to go see a rheumatologist and then hopefully get a referral to an alternative doc.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 448 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 55610

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review