Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Laura Sue
      #65668 - 04/28/04 12:05 PM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Hi,

Just curious if you have found out what more of your migraine triggers were? In particular, are you sensitive to cleaning chemicals, like Lysol sprays or air wick candle/air fresheners? I have found that these trigger my sinus headaches and have found relief from cleaning with good old vinegar and baking soda..it really works. What are your triggers if you don't mind me asking..??

Cindy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Laura Sue new
      #65736 - 04/28/04 03:13 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Cindy!

I'm still at the very beginning of trying to figure out my triggers. I think strong odors are one of them. They certainly bother me. I've had to give away most of my perfume cause I can't stand to wear most of it anymore!

I'm going to try the vinegar and baking soda idea. I think I have a book that has a lot of hints like that.

Weather is one of my triggers, but not always, just sometimes. Stress can be a trigger, but again not always. Hormones are a definite trigger. I almost always get a migraine the week before my period. Bright lights and glare can be a trigger and is also one of my early warning signs that I'm getting one, when the light starts hurting my eyes.

Foods don't seem to be a trigger, thank goodness. I have enough limitations from the IBS!!

I can't remember, do you get migraines too? (Sorry, fibrofog!) If so what are your triggers?

Thanks for asking. Oh, I see you mention sinus headaches. I read somewhere recently about a link or and overlap between sinus headaches and migraines. Can't remember what exactly, but if you do a google search you might find it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Thanks LSue new
      #65751 - 04/28/04 04:02 PM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

I have what I am pretty sure are sinus headaches but I have seen that same thing about migraines and sinusey stuff being linked. I also can't do perfumes anymore and cleaning with the vinegar and baking soda made a huge difference.

Hope you are good and stay that way for a few days (thats not too much to ask!!!)

Take Care,

Cindy

Re: Thanks LSue new
      #65875 - 04/29/04 07:09 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Thanks, Cindy, doing okay at the moment. Hope you are too!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 489 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 375

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review