All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft! -nt- new
      #64445 - 04/24/04 01:23 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

My odd little phobia........ new
      #64460 - 04/24/04 02:02 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

I deathly afraid of railings! Not like, banisters, but like as if you were on the Eiffel Tower and you were up there and you lean over the railing to look down, ya know? I'm just so afraid that they're going break and I'm going to tumble down and go SPLAT right onto the pavement. I won't even go close to a railing! I'm fine with heights and being way up in a tall building an looking out the window (like the Sears Tower), but there's no way that I could be outside ona balcony way high up and lean over the skinny little pole that's around it! AAAAAHHHH!!!!!! Scary!!

Being scared of birds is fine! A lot of people I know are scared of them! I've never heard of a moth phobia, however....oh well!

Here's the weirdest one ever: My friend Persha used ot be afraid of GRASS! She wouldn't even touch it until she was about 8 or 9! Isn't that weird?? LOL!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

GRASS!?!?!?!!??!?!? LOL -nt- new
      #64466 - 04/24/04 02:22 PM
jenX

--------------------

Re: *DELETED* new
      #64510 - 04/24/04 06:00 PM
surfergurl

Reged: 04/23/04

Post deleted due to embarrassment

Re: what are you scared of? new
      #64513 - 04/24/04 06:46 PM
tiredofibs

Reged: 10/16/03
Loc: NC

jenX,

Okay, my phobias are:

~ Spiders (yikes!) Though, I have to recruit someone else to kill them b/c I just can't. I don't know why, but I don't want to get near them or hurt them. I just want them out of wherever they are.

~ Wasps, Bees, and anything that stings.

~ Dentists (Gosh those needles freak me out. Why can't they at least get micro needles???)

~ Moths (yuck)

~ Airplanes, Trains, and anything not driven by someone I know. Though, I've always wanted to fly to Paris or England. Oh well. I'm not really afraid to get on a plane, just don't want to. I rather travel by land.

That is all of them, I think. Boy, those are a lot huh?

#64520 - 04/25/04 01:52 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I am terrified of snakes! There is a creek that flows on two sides of my house, there are snakes making thier way across my yard quite often. When I go out to walk in the yard, I always keep my eyes on the ground. I have lived here for 28 years, two summers ago I killed my first snake, when I think of it I can still feel my skin crawling.

I also have a fear of losing someone close to me.

Please take no offense here Jen, but some of your animations scare me!!

The Sears Tower scared the YIKES!!! out of me. Part of it was the elevator, when we got to the top, I was weak in the knees and shakey.

I was in the grocery store last week and I had a D attack, it was embarrasing, humiliating, and it scared me to death. So much so that I am so afraid of having it happen again, I dont want to go out in public.

another moth phobia! new
      #64541 - 04/25/04 07:55 AM
jenX

wow... i can't get over it! before i met my best friend, i never knew anyone with a moth phobia. that's funny! i'm going to have to tell her she's not the only one!

*j

PS: i agree about the spiders! *shiver*

--------------------

#64542 - 04/25/04 07:58 AM
jenX

that's a very logical and sensible fear! i'm surprised more people don't share that fear....

--------------------

#64555 - 04/25/04 09:40 AM
tiredofibs

Reged: 10/16/03
Loc: NC

Oh, and I have some more I forgot about:

~ Heights (I literally cannot go where it is too high. I get this crippling sense of panic and am unable to move. Thus, IBS is triggered and in a bad predicament.)

~ Snakes (Don't like the one's with fangs. I don't want to hurt any snakes or animals, I just don't want them near me. So as long as I'm not outside, I'm good. LOL.)

~~ Anna

#64624 - 04/25/04 06:22 PM

Unregistered

BALCONIES-- make me very scared! My aunt was on a balcony at a hotel with a few other people. There was no capacity level listed for the balcony. So while she and two or three other people were on it, it fell TWO STORIES and half way down a CLIFF! Fortunately, she only had a broken hip and bruises.

Outcome: building was not up to it's building code and a big LAWSUIT!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 99 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19366

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review