All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Would appreciate your feelings on this topic---Cortislim.
      #64160 - 04/23/04 07:38 AM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

I am overweight and need to lose weight. Can't seem to. I've recently been hearing about and checking into this new diet supplement and would like anyone's opinion on it. I don't usually "fall" for the TV paid advertisements on this type of stuff. But, this one caught my interest and so I researched it. It makes perfect sense to me---and seems to be speaking directly to my wt. problems. It's call Cortislim and it's made by a Dr. Shawn Talbott, PhD. The website is www.cortislim.com If anyone has used it, please let me know you're opinion of it. Or, anyone else that has any feeling on it's use, or effectiveness, I would sure like to hear what you all think. As I said, I try not to fall for the "miracle pill", but this all seemed to make sense for my weight gain issues. Please let me know your feelings on it one way or the other. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

i dunno.... new
      #64169 - 04/23/04 07:58 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

i always find commercials like that tempting, but then you hear about the pills being pulled from shelves for giving women heart problems or something. either that or there's an article in a magazine showing that it's just BS and you may as well eat Tic-Tacs instead!

for example, you know those commercials and ads for pills with the skinny guy or girl who lost so much weight in some ridiculously short time frame and their "after" pic shows them all muscle-y and ripped? well, i've read that those people in the photos are actually athletes or body builders who have been injured. when they were disabled, they gained weight, but then they took the pills and went back to their old exercise routine. that's how it comes off so fast and how all those muscles got there. the muscles were already there! the thing i read said pills or not, they would have gone back to looking like that by resuming thier normal diet and exercise plans.

anyway, just something to think about...

--------------------

Re: Would appreciate your feelings on this topic---Cortislim. new
      #64174 - 04/23/04 08:04 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I'm with jenX. You really have to be careful. I figure if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

I know exactly what you mean..... new
      #64176 - 04/23/04 08:05 AM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

and that's why I don't give much, if any, thought to most of the stuff you see. But, as I said, this Cortislim seems different to me. And, it makes perfect sense with the Cortisol production in our bodies and all. That's why I wanted input from you guys. Hopefully, any information or opinions from you guys will help me "see the light" concerning this product! Thanks, Jenx, for your input. And, I agree with you 100% on what you said. Just wondering, (and hoping), that this stuff might actually be legit and actually work! Hope springs eternal, you know!

hey, if it works, let us know!! -nt- new
      #64179 - 04/23/04 08:13 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Re: I know exactly what you mean..... new
      #64182 - 04/23/04 08:16 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I'm pretty sure that all the doctors and scientists have agreed that there are no safe pills on the market for weight loss that aren't prescription. Pills like this seem to rely on herbs that aren't controlled by the FDA and thus haven't had a good batch of controlled tests run on them. I see that one of the ingredients is bitter orange extract, which I read was the next big thing after ephedra got so much press. But they didn't know the long term side effects and damage done by it either.

At any rate, my sister, the Biomedical Engineer told me that stress actually speeds up your metabolism and causes you to lose weight. Weight gain from stress is probably from eating in response to it, and that's a psychological thing.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 809 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1756

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review