All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hi Guys......
      #62708 - 04/19/04 04:49 PM
LEILAGIRL

Reged: 04/17/04
Loc: HOLLYWOOD FLORIDA

Well I just want to thank you guys so much for being here...I have a few questions if someone can help....I heard that aloe vera is good for ibs is this true?And also does anyone elses legs ache ....mine are killing me...I wish my boughts didnt last so long my last one lasted almost a year.....Also does anyone elses insides get real gittery...i cant seem to get comfortable.....Gosh any advice would be much appreciated....Again thank you so much for being here im scared and feel so alone.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi Guys...... new
      #62716 - 04/19/04 05:17 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Quote:

Well I just want to thank you guys so much for being here...I have a few questions if someone can help....I heard that aloe vera is good for ibs is this true?And also does anyone elses legs ache ....mine are killing me...I wish my boughts didnt last so long my last one lasted almost a year.....Also does anyone elses insides get real gittery...i cant seem to get comfortable.....Gosh any advice would be much appreciated....Again thank you so much for being here im scared and feel so alone.

um... ok. let's see:
i have no idea about the aloe vera but i have seen this on the boards before. you need to try to do a search for it on the boards. set the timeframe for as long as possible, and search on "all boards," as this kind of IBS question is usually posted on the Diet board, but could come up elsewhere.

I don't have leg aches.

As for how long your bouts with IBS go, you will find that by being on the diet (WITHOUT CHEATING) and adding the correct soluble fiber supplement and following all of the other tips on this board, you will minimize and hopefully soon eliminate the attacks. Have you started the diet, yet? Have you started a soluble fiber supplement?

I don't know what you mean about getting jittery inside... do you mean in your stomach? Or do you mean that you feel anxious? Or do you mean that you're restless and antsy all the time?

*j

--------------------

Leg Aches?? new
      #62719 - 04/19/04 05:25 PM
amitchell83

Reged: 09/11/03

I have been having terrible leg aches too! Is there something I am not getting enough of in my diet? They just come out of nowhere. Sometimes they hurt so badly I am in tears! My mom used to say these were growing pains...but I don't think I am growing anymore! Anyone else have insight on this?

Amanda

Re: Leg Aches?? new
      #62733 - 04/19/04 06:10 PM
LEILAGIRL

oh my gosh Amanda mine ache like there is peasure in them i cant explain it ....its like all the gas in my intestines just give me presure in my groin and legs...this sounds so wierd huh? thats why i thought i had something other than ibs...but with all the tests (and u know the tests alne are dibilitating) i have to believe what they say.Thanks for the reply.

#62738 - 04/19/04 06:16 PM
LEILAGIRL

I know it sounds wierd thats why I think I HAVE SOMETHING OTHER THAN IBS ...When I tell people i have leg aches and presure they think im crazy
i thought for awhile maybe it was an obstuction or chroans but they say no....my boughts are definetly different than anyone ive talked too...Thays why i am so scared.Thank you so much for your reply.

#62773 - 04/19/04 07:41 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Leg aches can be numerous things for each individual. I get leg cramps your not alone. My come during the times I'm C.
Also when it gets cold out and my monthly hits. Added pressure from bloating and gas can cause leg cramps. Also potassium and iron defencieny(Lost spelling tonight) To much iron in your diet can cause leg cramps and not the right balance or potassium and salt too. If it continues see your Dr and ask for a work up to determine if there is any vitamin/mineral problem. For now try to rest your legs at least 15 minutes slightly above your head and try doing flex exercises( laying in a sit up position in your bed or on the floor and point with toe to heel about 5 each). This is something I learned to relax my legs when I was pregnant and use it still now. I know alot of info, but hope it can help.
Sherr1

Re: Leg Aches?? new
      #62797 - 04/19/04 08:34 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Try potassium supplements or high potassium foods like bananas and oranges.
Leg aches could be a lot of other things so if it's real bad ask your doctor. Many IBS'ers also have fibromyalgia (I do) which causes achiness all over the body including the legs, plus restless leg syndrome, when you can't get to sleep because your legs feel wierd and ooky.

just a couple thoughts.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 699 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 680

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review