All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Going to Gyno to discuss prepping for baby!!
      #60318 - 04/12/04 10:13 AM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Hi Everyone...

Don't know if anyone cares or not, but I'm really excited because I'm going to the gyno in a few hours to discuss preparing for a baby. My fiance and I are going to start trying really, really soon.

I'm going to start taking prenatal vitamins to get my body all ready for when I become pregnant. I'm excited!! I can't wait to be a mother!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Going to Gyno to discuss prepping for baby!! new
      #60331 - 04/12/04 10:21 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh, we care!! How exciting! Good luck!!!

#60345 - 04/12/04 10:34 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Good luck! Babies are cute

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#60349 - 04/12/04 10:37 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Quote:

Babies are cute.

Especially when they're not yours!

(well, at least for me right now...)

#60364 - 04/12/04 11:01 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

OH, How exciting!! I'm also trying to get pregnant! Been on Pre-natals for over 2 months. I didn't get knocked up last month but I should ovulate in the next couple of days.... Actually, everything I have read says your chances of getting pregnant are much better if you have sex the 5 days BEFORE you ovulate, so I had a "busy" weekend! The waiting is the hardest part. Lets keep each other posted on how we are doing!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#60412 - 04/12/04 12:10 PM
geminimcm

Ok, Michele, sounds good! I'm going to be getting off the pill soon and I am curious as to how I will feel (especially the IBS). I've been on them longer than I've had IBS, so I don't know...
Also, I'm nervous about not taking any meds to help me go to the bathroom while I'm pregnant. I'm afraid Citrucel won't be enough. I haven't tried the Citrucel yet, but I'm going to have to use that to help me "go."
It's the only safe thing.

Wish me luck. I leave in 20 minutes and am very excited!
God, I can't wait until I'm pregnant! I'm so ready!

#60431 - 04/12/04 12:34 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

That's great Melissa! When's your wedding day, anyway? I don't think I caught it if you've posted it up before...

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#60447 - 04/12/04 01:04 PM
michele

Well, when I first stopped the pill about 1.5 months ago after being on it for 18 years, I felt great, tummy wise. For the first 3 weeks no tummy problems at all, in fact, I started to think they were the cause of my tummy problems. After 3 weeks though, I got a REALLY bad attack and have since returned to my normal IBS problems. I also stopped taking Lexapro (an anti-depressant) at the same time. I have been having a lot of emotional problems, like I'm riding an emotional rollercoaster. I think its partly due to the lack of hormones in my system. hopefully you don't experience anything like that.

How long have you been on the pill?? It can sometimes take up to 6 months for a girl to have a regular period after stopping them. I started using home ovulation kits, you pee on a stick and it tells you when you are about to ovualte. My first period actually came 29 days after I stopped the pill, so it seems I may be kinda regular. When do you plan to stop the pills??

--------------------

Michele? new
      #60455 - 04/12/04 01:29 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Where did you read that? I took my 7 months this time and I learned too much more than I really wanted to know. Anyways, your chances are greatest to get pregnant the day you ovulate. The dr. told us it is a good idea to have sex three times around the time you ovulate. I also read that if you go every other day, averages 3 times a week, that you get a higher consintration of sperm, therefore a better chance of getting pregnant. BTW, sperm can last 3 days and up to 5. How's that for a biology lesson? Imagine waiting 7 months? That was a killer. It was like first try with both of the girls. Oh wait, the second one was a suprise so that wasn't even trying. She sneaked up on us and gives us a run for our money. Good thing she's so cute.

If either of you end up charting your temp to determine ovulation, let me know. I'm not an expert but that was what we did the month I got pregnant. The dr. looked at it and was able to explain it from my cycle, which helped. It is actually helpful to chart it.

#60457 - 04/12/04 01:33 PM
torbetta

OMG, you are getting married next month and you already want a baby. You are so brave. There wonderful but sometimes I wish we had a little longer together before having a baby. We got pregnant 4 months after we were married. She was born almost exactly a month after our 1st anniversary. Here's hoping you don't have morning sickness. Good luck, you'll be pregnant before you know it. I had Maddie when I was 22 and Meike when I was 24. I am looking forward to this one being a bit older, 28. Plus the girls will be in school so it's almost like starting over.

Re: Torbetta new
      #60464 - 04/12/04 01:58 PM
michele

Heres where I read that: http://www.parentsplace.com/fertility/conception/articles/0,,166245_553185,00.html

It says because the sperm do live so much longer than our eggs, it best to have the sperm there waiting when the egg is released. I have a 30 day cycle so I should ovulate Wed or Thurs. Had sex yesterday and will have sex all this week and the day after I ovulate for good measure! I'm using the ovulation sticks you pee on so I will know for sure when I actually ovulate. Well, the sticks show your LH surge and you usually ovualte 12-24 hours after that surge. I've also read more than I care to know! The waiting is torture! Silly me, I thought all I had to do was go off the pill and would instantly get pregnant the next month! Its really amazing anyone ever does get pregnant!

--------------------

#60522 - 04/12/04 05:11 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I wish you the best of luck Melissa. My advice is to not put too much pressure on yourself and accept that when it happens, it happens.

I think Heidi and I can both say we never found out we were pregnant until we said those words LOL. It seems to be fate.

Good luck.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#60543 - 04/12/04 05:38 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Wow - you guys are moving fast!! LOL I saw your subject before I even read the post, and I thought, "They're just getting ready to get married in a few weeks!!" LOL

Good luck to you two!

I have to admit though - I can't wait to get this wedding business out of the way and get on to the babymaking! I'm ready!

#60546 - 04/12/04 05:42 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Wow! Just make sure that your prenatal vitamin has .4 folic acid. The sooner you're on folic acid, the better. It prevents certain defects so make sure your vitamin has it.
Good luck, sweetie! When you're pregnant, let us know and we can help you with the joys and sorrows!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Michele new
      #60565 - 04/12/04 06:00 PM
torbetta

I tried the ovulation predictor tests and they were a pain in the butt. The first time I used one it showed two lines saying it was showing a the surge and I would keep using them to get it darker but never as dark as the vague instructions said. I have no idea if that brand worked since I never got just one line. Timing it right was a pain too because your suppose to take the test about the same time everyday and that is almost impossible for me. I didn't get pregnant that month either. The temp. chart was great because I could instantly see that I ovulated because my basal temp shot way up and stays up until you get your period. Here's an article on frequency if it's driving you crazy web page, which it may if it takes you a while. BTW, your link didn't work. Let me know if the predictor tests work for you too.

#60669 - 04/13/04 07:38 AM
geminimcm

Michele, I have been on the pill since I turned 18, and I'll be 23 in June. I know I'm going to be one of those people that constantly thinks and obsesses over getting pregnant. I know everyone says to not even think about it, but when you really want one, it is SO HARD!!! I have no patience, and I want one now! (ok, I know that's childish ).
To everyone that says "Wow, you are starting really fast!", my fiance and I have been together over 3 years and have lived together almost the whole time. We already feel as if we're married. Our house is in both of our names and I do all the bills, etc. Getting married will not change anything in our lives, other than it's now "official" and my last name will change. Otherwise, everything is the same.
We are both totally ready to have a baby, financially good, we have a house, 3 cars, really good jobs, a healthy, loving relationship, etc...so I think we are way more ready and mature than his parents or my parents were when they had us.
We're already better off than our parents were when they had us.

This will be my last month taking BC pills. My white placebo pills end on May 1.
Ok, guys, I need help....If the first day of my last period is April 27, when will I be most fertile?
I want to know when exactly in May would be the best time?

Can someone please help??

#60680 - 04/13/04 08:06 AM
michele

Heres all I have read! Womens cycles vary in leagnth. The part that usually stays the same is called the Leutal phase, which is the part of your cycle AFTER you ovulate until your period begins. This Leutal phase is almost always 12-16 days. Mine is exactly 14 days. This part of your cycle should remain the same. Its the firts part of your cycle (i forget that name), which starts the first day you bleed until you ovulate that can vary.

It will be a bit tough for you at first to know how long you cycle is, since you've been on the pill for a while. Where you periods regular before you started the pill?? If you have a 27-30 day cycle you should be most fertile starting about May 8 through about May 15. Check out http://www.ivillage.com/topics/pregbaby/0,,166245,00.html

What I'm doing is using the home ovulation test kits. You pee on a stick and it tells you when you have a surge of a hormone, the LH hormone, which triggers the release of the egg. When you get a positive result, you should ovulate in 12-24 hours. From all the stuff I have been reading you are actually more likely to pregnant if you have sex a few days BEFORE you ovulate and on the day you ovulate.

Example. I have a 30 day cycle. The first day of my last period was March 30, which means I should ovulate April 15, this Thursday. So I had sex Sunday, will have sex tonight and probably everyday till the end of the week. I'm still using the ovulation tests to be sure, so if I don't get a poistive reading by Thurday than I will know to keep testing and having sex until I do!

Now some people say you shouldn't have sex EVERYDAY, especially if your man has a low sperm count. Some say everyother day is good enough. But I'm EXACTLY like you in that I WANT A BABY NNOOWW!!! Be sure to stay laying down for at least 20 minutes with a small pillow under you hips to help the sperm get were they need to go!!

If my link didn't work type in "trying to concieve" in your goggle search engine and it will pull up lots of info! Good luck!

--------------------

#60689 - 04/13/04 08:26 AM
geminimcm

Thanks for the info, Michele! So, what you're saying is that you are the most fertile 12-16 days after the first day of your last period, right? You calculate from the first day of the period, and not the end of your period?
I just want to make perfectly sure.

I would like to get the ovulation kit, but aren't they kind of pricey? I will resort to that if we don't get pregnant in the first few months. My fiance, Chris, is confident that he will have "super" sperm and that we will no doubt get pregnant "right away." Men! They have no idea! I told him he better stop smoking, because I know that can slow sperm down. I also said he better not EVER smoke around me at all while I'm pregnant.
Oh, also, to answer your question about my periods being regular before I started the pill: to be honest, I never, ever kept track of them at all. I wasn't having sex at the time, so I wasn't worried about my period ever being late or anything. I'm pretty sure it wasn't very regular, though. So that could make it a little harder.

Also, I'm going to miss how the pill makes me have virtually no blood and way less cramps. Before I started the pill, my periods were WAY heavier and more painful.

Anyway, talk to you later!

#60724 - 04/13/04 09:40 AM
michele

NOPE! Techinally, you are most fetile 12-16 before your next period! Thats really hard to calculate if you don't know how long you cycle is!

I was REALLY concerned also about "bleeding to death" and the cramps after I stopped the pill. My first period though wasn't bad at all! I only bleed about 4.5 days and only one heavy flow day and the cramps weren't really any worse than with the pill. When I was younger my periods were REALLY heavy and would last 8-9 days! UUUGGHH! My girlfreind, who is in her 2nd year residentecy said that as we get older our periods tend to be more regular and not as heavy!

The ovulation kits aren't too expensive. I went to K-Mart and got the generic ones and I think I paid about $10.00 for seven tests and it had two free pregnancy tests in it also. You can order ovulation tests on line a lot cheaper. I got them for about .47 cents each. They are not as easy, instead of just peeing on it and waiting a few minutes, you have to pee a cup, wait 5 minutes, than dip the test strip into the urine and wait and the results are not as easy to read.

You will probably do fine if you start having sex everyother day about 10-14 days into you cycle for at least 2 weeks! You guys are both young and I'm sure very fertile! I'm 33 and my hubby is almost 36 and your odds at getting pregnant go down the older you get !

--------------------

Re: I'm ovulating, NOW! new
      #60741 - 04/13/04 10:28 AM
michele

OMG! I just peed on my stick and it says "have sex now your about to ovulate!" Well, ok maybe it just shows positive, but thats whats it means!!!

I didn't think I would ovulate till Thursday. Good thing I had sex this weekend! Now, wheres that hubby of mine... !

--------------------

#60744 - 04/13/04 10:33 AM
torbetta

If you get your period on April 27th than you will be fertile the week of your wedding. Baby center has a ovulation calculator web page . Just to let you know, everytime I felt a little crampy about a week after I got pregnant and my breast hurt pretty bad. If you get pregnant in May you will be due around the time I was with my first.

I'm an obsessor too. With my first I kept thinking if I'm not pregant I'm going to be devistated. I couldn't stand the waiting. With my second, I obsessed when the best time was to have another. It was all I talked about. In the end I we weren't even trying yet when I got pregnant. This time, I obsessed almost every month except the last two. I was a virgin when we got married so after 3 years of not, the whole sex thing wasn't an issue with the first one . We had a general idea of when I would be ovulating but didn't think too much about it.

I didn't mean you aren't ready. I was just suprised how quick but seeing where you are in life I can see why. We were together 3 years too before we got pregnant. We did everything so quick. Got married, pregnant, bought a house, had a baby. I just regret the time I lost with them while I went back to school, even though I needed a break. We also bought this house when I was pregnant and I wish we had waited to have a better place. It is all in the past though. The saying your never ready is so true. Just wait till you get a positive test result. I get excited, nervous, a little faint and just plain overwhelmed every time. The real shock for me was how every baby is different. There are two thread in the October Baby center forum, what suprised you before and then after the baby came. It's amazing all the things you sometimes wish you knew. I wouldn't read them until after your pregnant though. Not bad things but sounds like getting pregnant is your priority. Good luck and I look forward to you and Michele announcing your pregnancies.

Find your Hubby Michele!!! NOW !!! -nt- new
      #60746 - 04/13/04 10:39 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

#60747 - 04/13/04 10:39 AM
torbetta

Alright!!! After today you are just going to have to wait another 2 weeks for the results, huh? Think about it, you might already be pregnant. Am I making you nervous? My sister's first was concieved 2 days after they had sex. So you just might be.

#60749 - 04/13/04 10:42 AM
michele

Oh, that'd be great if I was, this waiting is driving me CRAZY!!!

--------------------

#60750 - 04/13/04 10:44 AM
geminimcm

Thanks, torbetta!

Ooh, if I'm fertile the week of my wedding, then maybe if I do get pregnant, people will just think we got pregnant on our honeymoon AFTER we got married! How funny!

I know, I can't wait until I can announce I'm pregnant!! Oh my God, it will be the best feeling in the world! Yeah, I did a pregnancy calculator that said if I get pregnant in May, my baby would be due around Feb. 1! Wow, that would be so awesome. That means I would have a big full belly by the time the holidays got here! My family would be so excited!

My mom is already freaking out...I mean, she is so excited and in awe that she could be a "Grandma"! She will be 47 this June. She wants to be a grandma so bad, but she can't believe it could be an actual reality by next year! It's so weird to think by this time next year I could have a little baby.
Anyway, ooh, I'm so excited!

Re: Find your Hubby Michele!!! NOW !!! -nt- new
      #60751 - 04/13/04 10:46 AM
michele

Wish I could, I have to work until 6pm! but I already called him and told him to be ready!!

--------------------

#60773 - 04/13/04 11:34 AM
torbetta

I'm getting so excited for you. Does your mom know you will be trying? I was due Feb. 5th with Madeline and she showed up on the 13th. That is my sister's birthday and she was so excited. You won't be too big for the holidays so you will be comfortable with the cute belly. I always liked my pregnant belly. It was the only time I could look fat with confidence. I already have a little belly seeing this is my third. On Sunday I saw my neice, I hadn't seen her in two weeks, and she told me how cute my little belly is. It is going to be fun having her around this time. She is 15 and her dad married my sil last Nov.

OMG, I have never talked so candidly about this stuff. Yikes, I think I will embarrassed if I even look at what I wrote in the other posts. I was tempted to edit parts.

Re: Find your Hubby Michele!!! NOW !!! -nt- new
      #60865 - 04/13/04 04:47 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Michele,
And I was worried about you because I hadn't heard from you in awhile. Now I know what you've been busy doing! I bet your husband is loving this!

#60931 - 04/13/04 10:00 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

If you don't already have it get it. Ovulation kit.
You can get it at rite aid's or any place like that.
You'll be able to find what you true menstration time is and when your ovulation will occur. I used it with my last pregnancy and within 30 days a baby was made. Me and my hubby tried for one year, after I stopped using the pill due to a severe reaction. Well to say the least our last boy was born. Remember time will take place to and relax and have fun trying to make a baby!!

Re: beaglelover new
      #61053 - 04/14/04 10:23 AM
michele

Thanks for your concern! Its been a struggle, I'm taking it one day at a time and seeing a therapist and started the hypno tapes

Can you believe my hubby said to me last night "Do we HAVE to have sex tonight?"!!!! We both had a long day and weren't really in "the mood" but we did what was necessary! I'm really hoping to get pregnant this month, we had sex both Saturday and sunday, than again last night and will again tonight just to be sure. I've read that your chances of conceiving are higher if you have sex a couple days before you ovulate so the sperm is present when the egg drops! Keep your fingers crosesed!

--------------------

Re: beaglelover new
      #61110 - 04/14/04 12:12 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm glad you're doing better. I understand what you are going through. I tried for years to have a baby (taking temperature, fertility drugs, etc.) and we were just about to give up and adopt when I got pregnant. I had just stopped nursing my son (at 4 months old) and I found out I was pregnant again! Boy, was that a shock after all those years of trying so hard. So now we have two boys, only 13 months apart. We laugh and say we had the most planned baby in the world and the least planned baby! Ha!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 293 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3192

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review