All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Going to Gyno to discuss prepping for baby!!
      #60318 - 04/12/04 10:13 AM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Hi Everyone...

Don't know if anyone cares or not, but I'm really excited because I'm going to the gyno in a few hours to discuss preparing for a baby. My fiance and I are going to start trying really, really soon.

I'm going to start taking prenatal vitamins to get my body all ready for when I become pregnant. I'm excited!! I can't wait to be a mother!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Going to Gyno to discuss prepping for baby!! new
      #60331 - 04/12/04 10:21 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh, we care!! How exciting! Good luck!!!

#60345 - 04/12/04 10:34 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Good luck! Babies are cute

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#60349 - 04/12/04 10:37 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Quote:

Babies are cute.

Especially when they're not yours!

(well, at least for me right now...)

#60364 - 04/12/04 11:01 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

OH, How exciting!! I'm also trying to get pregnant! Been on Pre-natals for over 2 months. I didn't get knocked up last month but I should ovulate in the next couple of days.... Actually, everything I have read says your chances of getting pregnant are much better if you have sex the 5 days BEFORE you ovulate, so I had a "busy" weekend! The waiting is the hardest part. Lets keep each other posted on how we are doing!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#60412 - 04/12/04 12:10 PM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Ok, Michele, sounds good! I'm going to be getting off the pill soon and I am curious as to how I will feel (especially the IBS). I've been on them longer than I've had IBS, so I don't know...
Also, I'm nervous about not taking any meds to help me go to the bathroom while I'm pregnant. I'm afraid Citrucel won't be enough. I haven't tried the Citrucel yet, but I'm going to have to use that to help me "go."
It's the only safe thing.

Wish me luck. I leave in 20 minutes and am very excited!
God, I can't wait until I'm pregnant! I'm so ready!

#60431 - 04/12/04 12:34 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

That's great Melissa! When's your wedding day, anyway? I don't think I caught it if you've posted it up before...

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#60447 - 04/12/04 01:04 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, when I first stopped the pill about 1.5 months ago after being on it for 18 years, I felt great, tummy wise. For the first 3 weeks no tummy problems at all, in fact, I started to think they were the cause of my tummy problems. After 3 weeks though, I got a REALLY bad attack and have since returned to my normal IBS problems. I also stopped taking Lexapro (an anti-depressant) at the same time. I have been having a lot of emotional problems, like I'm riding an emotional rollercoaster. I think its partly due to the lack of hormones in my system. hopefully you don't experience anything like that.

How long have you been on the pill?? It can sometimes take up to 6 months for a girl to have a regular period after stopping them. I started using home ovulation kits, you pee on a stick and it tells you when you are about to ovualte. My first period actually came 29 days after I stopped the pill, so it seems I may be kinda regular. When do you plan to stop the pills??

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Michele? new
      #60455 - 04/12/04 01:29 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Where did you read that? I took my 7 months this time and I learned too much more than I really wanted to know. Anyways, your chances are greatest to get pregnant the day you ovulate. The dr. told us it is a good idea to have sex three times around the time you ovulate. I also read that if you go every other day, averages 3 times a week, that you get a higher consintration of sperm, therefore a better chance of getting pregnant. BTW, sperm can last 3 days and up to 5. How's that for a biology lesson? Imagine waiting 7 months? That was a killer. It was like first try with both of the girls. Oh wait, the second one was a suprise so that wasn't even trying. She sneaked up on us and gives us a run for our money. Good thing she's so cute.

If either of you end up charting your temp to determine ovulation, let me know. I'm not an expert but that was what we did the month I got pregnant. The dr. looked at it and was able to explain it from my cycle, which helped. It is actually helpful to chart it.

#60457 - 04/12/04 01:33 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

OMG, you are getting married next month and you already want a baby. You are so brave. There wonderful but sometimes I wish we had a little longer together before having a baby. We got pregnant 4 months after we were married. She was born almost exactly a month after our 1st anniversary. Here's hoping you don't have morning sickness. Good luck, you'll be pregnant before you know it. I had Maddie when I was 22 and Meike when I was 24. I am looking forward to this one being a bit older, 28. Plus the girls will be in school so it's almost like starting over.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 158 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3193

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review