All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Torbetta new
      #60464 - 04/12/04 01:58 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Heres where I read that: http://www.parentsplace.com/fertility/conception/articles/0,,166245_553185,00.html

It says because the sperm do live so much longer than our eggs, it best to have the sperm there waiting when the egg is released. I have a 30 day cycle so I should ovulate Wed or Thurs. Had sex yesterday and will have sex all this week and the day after I ovulate for good measure! I'm using the ovulation sticks you pee on so I will know for sure when I actually ovulate. Well, the sticks show your LH surge and you usually ovualte 12-24 hours after that surge. I've also read more than I care to know! The waiting is torture! Silly me, I thought all I had to do was go off the pill and would instantly get pregnant the next month! Its really amazing anyone ever does get pregnant!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Going to Gyno to discuss prepping for baby!! new
      #60522 - 04/12/04 05:11 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I wish you the best of luck Melissa. My advice is to not put too much pressure on yourself and accept that when it happens, it happens.

I think Heidi and I can both say we never found out we were pregnant until we said those words LOL. It seems to be fate.

Good luck.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#60543 - 04/12/04 05:38 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Wow - you guys are moving fast!! LOL I saw your subject before I even read the post, and I thought, "They're just getting ready to get married in a few weeks!!" LOL

Good luck to you two!

I have to admit though - I can't wait to get this wedding business out of the way and get on to the babymaking! I'm ready!

#60546 - 04/12/04 05:42 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Wow! Just make sure that your prenatal vitamin has .4 folic acid. The sooner you're on folic acid, the better. It prevents certain defects so make sure your vitamin has it.
Good luck, sweetie! When you're pregnant, let us know and we can help you with the joys and sorrows!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Michele new
      #60565 - 04/12/04 06:00 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I tried the ovulation predictor tests and they were a pain in the butt. The first time I used one it showed two lines saying it was showing a the surge and I would keep using them to get it darker but never as dark as the vague instructions said. I have no idea if that brand worked since I never got just one line. Timing it right was a pain too because your suppose to take the test about the same time everyday and that is almost impossible for me. I didn't get pregnant that month either. The temp. chart was great because I could instantly see that I ovulated because my basal temp shot way up and stays up until you get your period. Here's an article on frequency if it's driving you crazy web page, which it may if it takes you a while. BTW, your link didn't work. Let me know if the predictor tests work for you too.

#60669 - 04/13/04 07:38 AM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Michele, I have been on the pill since I turned 18, and I'll be 23 in June. I know I'm going to be one of those people that constantly thinks and obsesses over getting pregnant. I know everyone says to not even think about it, but when you really want one, it is SO HARD!!! I have no patience, and I want one now! (ok, I know that's childish ).
To everyone that says "Wow, you are starting really fast!", my fiance and I have been together over 3 years and have lived together almost the whole time. We already feel as if we're married. Our house is in both of our names and I do all the bills, etc. Getting married will not change anything in our lives, other than it's now "official" and my last name will change. Otherwise, everything is the same.
We are both totally ready to have a baby, financially good, we have a house, 3 cars, really good jobs, a healthy, loving relationship, etc...so I think we are way more ready and mature than his parents or my parents were when they had us.
We're already better off than our parents were when they had us.

This will be my last month taking BC pills. My white placebo pills end on May 1.
Ok, guys, I need help....If the first day of my last period is April 27, when will I be most fertile?
I want to know when exactly in May would be the best time?

Can someone please help??

#60680 - 04/13/04 08:06 AM
michele

Heres all I have read! Womens cycles vary in leagnth. The part that usually stays the same is called the Leutal phase, which is the part of your cycle AFTER you ovulate until your period begins. This Leutal phase is almost always 12-16 days. Mine is exactly 14 days. This part of your cycle should remain the same. Its the firts part of your cycle (i forget that name), which starts the first day you bleed until you ovulate that can vary.

It will be a bit tough for you at first to know how long you cycle is, since you've been on the pill for a while. Where you periods regular before you started the pill?? If you have a 27-30 day cycle you should be most fertile starting about May 8 through about May 15. Check out http://www.ivillage.com/topics/pregbaby/0,,166245,00.html

What I'm doing is using the home ovulation test kits. You pee on a stick and it tells you when you have a surge of a hormone, the LH hormone, which triggers the release of the egg. When you get a positive result, you should ovulate in 12-24 hours. From all the stuff I have been reading you are actually more likely to pregnant if you have sex a few days BEFORE you ovulate and on the day you ovulate.

Example. I have a 30 day cycle. The first day of my last period was March 30, which means I should ovulate April 15, this Thursday. So I had sex Sunday, will have sex tonight and probably everyday till the end of the week. I'm still using the ovulation tests to be sure, so if I don't get a poistive reading by Thurday than I will know to keep testing and having sex until I do!

Now some people say you shouldn't have sex EVERYDAY, especially if your man has a low sperm count. Some say everyother day is good enough. But I'm EXACTLY like you in that I WANT A BABY NNOOWW!!! Be sure to stay laying down for at least 20 minutes with a small pillow under you hips to help the sperm get were they need to go!!

If my link didn't work type in "trying to concieve" in your goggle search engine and it will pull up lots of info! Good luck!

--------------------

#60689 - 04/13/04 08:26 AM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Thanks for the info, Michele! So, what you're saying is that you are the most fertile 12-16 days after the first day of your last period, right? You calculate from the first day of the period, and not the end of your period?
I just want to make perfectly sure.

I would like to get the ovulation kit, but aren't they kind of pricey? I will resort to that if we don't get pregnant in the first few months. My fiance, Chris, is confident that he will have "super" sperm and that we will no doubt get pregnant "right away." Men! They have no idea! I told him he better stop smoking, because I know that can slow sperm down. I also said he better not EVER smoke around me at all while I'm pregnant.
Oh, also, to answer your question about my periods being regular before I started the pill: to be honest, I never, ever kept track of them at all. I wasn't having sex at the time, so I wasn't worried about my period ever being late or anything. I'm pretty sure it wasn't very regular, though. So that could make it a little harder.

Also, I'm going to miss how the pill makes me have virtually no blood and way less cramps. Before I started the pill, my periods were WAY heavier and more painful.

Anyway, talk to you later!

#60724 - 04/13/04 09:40 AM
michele

NOPE! Techinally, you are most fetile 12-16 before your next period! Thats really hard to calculate if you don't know how long you cycle is!

I was REALLY concerned also about "bleeding to death" and the cramps after I stopped the pill. My first period though wasn't bad at all! I only bleed about 4.5 days and only one heavy flow day and the cramps weren't really any worse than with the pill. When I was younger my periods were REALLY heavy and would last 8-9 days! UUUGGHH! My girlfreind, who is in her 2nd year residentecy said that as we get older our periods tend to be more regular and not as heavy!

The ovulation kits aren't too expensive. I went to K-Mart and got the generic ones and I think I paid about $10.00 for seven tests and it had two free pregnancy tests in it also. You can order ovulation tests on line a lot cheaper. I got them for about .47 cents each. They are not as easy, instead of just peeing on it and waiting a few minutes, you have to pee a cup, wait 5 minutes, than dip the test strip into the urine and wait and the results are not as easy to read.

You will probably do fine if you start having sex everyother day about 10-14 days into you cycle for at least 2 weeks! You guys are both young and I'm sure very fertile! I'm 33 and my hubby is almost 36 and your odds at getting pregnant go down the older you get !

--------------------

Re: I'm ovulating, NOW! new
      #60741 - 04/13/04 10:28 AM
michele

OMG! I just peed on my stick and it says "have sex now your about to ovulate!" Well, ok maybe it just shows positive, but thats whats it means!!!

I didn't think I would ovulate till Thursday. Good thing I had sex this weekend! Now, wheres that hubby of mine... !

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 756 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3199

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review