All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Re: Well, guess I'll tell some of my story. new
      #58632 - 04/06/04 08:47 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Thank you for sharing your story Terri. It seems like we have a lot of amazing people around here... lots of great big sisters!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

My Childhood was.... new
      #58634 - 04/06/04 08:56 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Pretty good!! I'm 24 and the youngest of six kids. My parents have been married for 35 years. We have moved a few times but in the same city. I live 1 block away from my parents now. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. The sisters can be hard to deal with at times!! But I still love them! Brothers are great!

Being the youngest I was spoiled!!! I was also teased A LOT by my older sibilings!!! But it was fun! I had lots of tummy troubles when I was little and didn't really like going to school. My mom had to go back to work whtn I was 5 so that was hard for me. I think I was nerviouse knowing my mom wasn't close by. I was a big mama's girl...still am!! I have a great relationship with my mom! She's my bestfriend. I'm very lucky, its not the norm...to have parents that love each other and still married after all these years!

I'm close to my family and I'm very greatful to have all of them! My dads parents are still alive. My mom's father passed away a little over a year ago That was hard to lose him. My mom's mother is still alive and we love her to peices!!

So all in all my childhood was good. The only thing I would change is...I wouldn't have my mom work. That was very stressful.

I truly feel blessed to have what I have.

--------------------

Terri.... new
      #58639 - 04/06/04 09:05 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Terri,

I think you're a great person! You have a great attitude. I really think your wonderful. Every time you post your positive and helpful. I think you have turned out to be a great person.

From past posts you have sent I just know your a great mom, wife and grandma.

What a wonderful thing you have done...forgiving your parents. That's a hard thing to do...but once you do it you get to move on with your life! Thats amazing!

Good for you! And your right...not everyone turns out like their parents!!

--------------------

chinagrl new
      #58640 - 04/06/04 09:08 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Well, I see that you're one of those great big sisters, too. (Aren't our younger siblings just so lucky to have us?) heehee
Terri

Re: chinagrl new
      #58644 - 04/06/04 09:13 PM
chinagrl

Well, I did my best. Next time I get some kids I hope I get them from birth. Like I know anything about raising teenagers. It was the blind leading the blind! Yeesh.

#58645 - 04/06/04 09:18 PM
MissS

Well, I'm really glad that they had you to help them. Is your Mom okay now?

#58646 - 04/06/04 09:28 PM
chinagrl

She's doing better. She's on a lot of anti-depressants. I don't think she'll ever be "normal" again, but she's not threatening suicide, she's not calling my cell four times a day, etc. I don't know. She drinks too much, smokes too much, eats too much... but at least she has a job now and is out of the house more.

Thanks for asking.

Oh, I wanted to add how great it is that your sister can have a regular adult life! It's not easy overcoming personal disabilities, let alone the biases society has against people who are differently abled. It must be nice to have her near by.

#58647 - 04/06/04 09:47 PM
MissS

You are such an astute and insightful person, chinagrl! You're so right about how difficult it was/is for my sister. She really is amazing! She's my best friend and I'm very, very lucky to have her in my life and to have her so close.

I'm glad your Mom is better!! Sounds like things were very rough on you for awhile!
Terri

Well, thank you, StephS! new
      #58656 - 04/06/04 10:21 PM
MissS

Wow, what a wonderful young lady you are! Your kind words mean a lot to me, StephS. Thank you!
Terri

Re: I'm curious about everybody's childhood! new
      #58685 - 04/07/04 05:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

My childhood was pretty happy. I'm 23 and my little brother (who's lots bigger than me!) is 20. My Mum and Dad are still together.

Mum didn't work full-time when we were little so that was great. She was always taking us on "adventures"! Dad was away a lot with his job (pro-sailor) but he was there to pick us up from school sometimes so it wasn't a big deal to me. And there was loads of time spent around boats and the sea - I still sleep happiest with the sound of the wind in the rigging! I was a book-nut and ALWAYS had my nose in a book! My relatives knew I was easy to entertain - just show me the bookshelf! And I was mad about horses for ages - spent every spare moment at the stables when I was at secondary school!

The only bad thing was my brother was VERY difficult as a teenager (still is sometimes!). Fighting, shouting, punching holes in walls, that sort of thing. My parents had a really hard time with him. Thankfully, he's a lot more civilised now.

Anyway, I'm getting married on 10th July to a fabulous man. I don't know how he puts up with me, but he does! I can't wait to have a happy family of our own.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 319 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17340

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review