All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Just curious.....
      #54136 - 03/25/04 08:44 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

what is everyones religion? Do you have a religion?
I'm from UT. so I bet you can guess mine

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just curious..... new
      #54139 - 03/25/04 08:45 AM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Mormon?
I don't have any certain religion per se...I believe in God, but my views don't fit in exactly with any certain religion. (more spiritual and open-minded)

#54143 - 03/25/04 08:56 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hey, Steph, I live in Macedon, NY. Assuming that you are a Mormon, I live about 5 miles from the birthplace of your religion (Palmyra)! The two towns share a school district, so I went to school with a LOT of Mormons. I dated one for almost two years, as a matter of fact.

I'm Lutheran. I was involved in the campus ministry and protestant worship in college, but nowadays I don't go to church as much as I should.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#54151 - 03/25/04 09:05 AM
StephS

Yep! Kree that's pretty cool!

--------------------

#54157 - 03/25/04 09:14 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

No religion and all religions.

Cryptic, no?

I was raised Roman Catholic and don't believe in The Church. That doesn't mean I don't believe in some of it's teachings, though. I have studied lots of different religions (including pagan religions and Eastern philosophy) and have taken a little from each. I have my own spirituality but don't consider myself of any one religion. I have friends in just about every religion you could name. I have the utmost respect for every religion and recognize it's value and importance to the practitioners, but find no personal solace in any one organized faith. I live my life based on the universal teachings of all religions (they're remarkably similar when you get to the crux of it all). I do not go to Church/Temple/etc... unless it's out of politeness-- i.e. someone's wedding, bar mitzvah, a christening, etc...

Right now I'm trying to leave the Cult of RKTs!

--------------------

#54158 - 03/25/04 09:18 AM
StephS

LOl Jen!! Yeah I had to leave that Rice Krispy colt too. No the sugar on is next!!!

--------------------

Not sure..... new
      #54168 - 03/25/04 09:30 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I know I believe.....but I was never raised in a church. Which is kind of odd because both of my parents were and my grandparents on my dad's side are extremely religious (Lutheran). My husband's family is also very religious, but he no longer attends church. We both believe that you do not have to claim a religion or go to church on a regular basis to be a good person. I know plenty of people who attend church and are not the best of people. Does that make sense?

#54180 - 03/25/04 09:50 AM

Unregistered

I am a Christian. I go to a Nazarene church but prefer non denominational. I believe that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that who so ever beleives in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16) I do not force my beliefs on other people. I do pray that my friends, family and others may come to know Him. I know that God is real because I surrendered my life to Him and He know lives in me. And what a difference He has made in my life. I don't regret making that choice.

Re: Not sure..... new
      #54184 - 03/25/04 09:53 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Yes, it does make sense. I know quite a few people who are "devout" but not nice at all.

--------------------

Re: Not sure..... new
      #54189 - 03/25/04 10:00 AM

Unregistered

Not so good people in church...the truth is that nobody is perfect and we all fall short of the Glory of God. We have former prisoners, alocholics, etc. in our church. Oh my, I won't even go there with my mistakes, they are BAD! But it's the reason they are in church, for hopes to be better people. God does slowly teach us to be better people. I am not interested in religious arguements, but no church is full of perfect people.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15635

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review