All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Not sure..... new
      #54196 - 03/25/04 10:09 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I was baptized Lutheran, nearly married into Christian Reformed (sorry, but I had BAD experiences with a group of those folks) and now am exploring my own spirituality. My fiance wasn't raised anything, but believes in God.

My parents took me to chruch until I was about 10, then we stopped going. Became too much a pain in the butt. I started going to church again after I met, dated, and got engaged to a CRC guy, but had issues with religion and broke up over those issues. I wasn't raised CRC (or any religion, really) and his parents never really accepted me. They were upset when we told them we were engaged, and I bawled my eyes out while they lectures us. He never defended me, and I refused to live like that. I broke off the engagement after four months of being engaged, and nearly four years of dating.

I never really got the whole church thing, never felt comfortable or at home there. I feel that religion is a very private personal matter.

But I do thank God that my ex-fiance's parents were stuffy old fundamental hypocritical christians...If they weren't, then I wouldn't have met my true soul mate, my fiance.

Anyway, that's my story!

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just curious..... new
      #54198 - 03/25/04 10:14 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Speaking of this topic...I just finished reading "The Da Vinci Code". Wow! Has any one else read this book?

AMAZING BOOK! new
      #54199 - 03/25/04 10:16 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

I read it over the Christmas holidays. It's phenomenol, isn't it!?

--------------------

Good for you Jules!! new
      #54200 - 03/25/04 10:16 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I think what you did was brave! Your much better off with out in-laws like that!!! That must have been hard!!!

--------------------

Re: AMAZING BOOK! new
      #54201 - 03/25/04 10:16 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

My Hubby read it and loved it!

--------------------

Re: Not sure..... new
      #54203 - 03/25/04 10:17 AM
jenX

PROOF that everything happens for a reason!

--------------------

Re: Good for you Jules!! new
      #54205 - 03/25/04 10:22 AM
jules

Thanks Steph, it was the hardest thing that I'd ever done in my life. But I learned so much about myself and became so much stronger. And I'm so happy now!

Haven't read that DaVinci Code, but I want to so badly! My step dad read it and told me about it. Sounds fascinating.

By the way, my step dad is very spiritual and wants to start his own church. He's totally brilliant. He stopped going after he had knee surgery and his church sent him a flyer asking if he'd still like to make a donation to the church even though he was home recouperating from surgery. Grrr. ... Stuff like that makes my blood boil. ALso, when he was 15, he was in church with his very strict Baptist parents. He really really disagreed with what the preacher was saying, so he stood up and walked out. Never went back. Created quite a rift with his parents for a while, but they got over it.

My step dad is actually officiating my wedding ceremony. Like Joey did on Friends! (LOL). He had to take this, like, 4000 question test over the Internet. For weeks straight, he was hunched over the computer with his bible. He's so cool.

--------------------
~jules

#54208 - 03/25/04 10:23 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Yes definitely! Blew my mind too. I finished it a week ago and I can't get off my mind. Someday....SOMEDAY...I would like to get to Paris and see that final resting place of the Holy Grail....someday!???

Also, I am newer here and remember Ruchies post in here, major soul bearing and then it seems she hasn't been here..just wondering if she is OK?? It was very brave of her to open up like that ..and healthy too!

#54209 - 03/25/04 10:25 AM
jules

Hee hee hee... Just watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Sorry, every time I hear Holy Grail, I think about that movie. It's my all-time #1 favorite movie.

--------------------
~jules

#54212 - 03/25/04 10:27 AM
jenX

I agree. I want a DaVinci Code tour of Europe!

I don't know where Ruchie is. I think she's taking time off, but I hope she comes back soon. She's brave, indeed, and terribly well-loved here.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1841 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15699

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review