All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Nugget....
      #53375 - 03/23/04 11:22 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

I think I'm cutting all my hair off short-short. Think: Halle Berry before she grew it out.

Yikes!

How's your hair ordeal going? I'm sure it looks bee-yoo-tee-ful!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Congratulations! new
      #53377 - 03/23/04 11:27 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Wow! that's brave....I bet it will look ravishing!!!! My hair ordeal is kind of at that stage that takes a lot of patience (sp?)....the stage where I am thinking of going back to how I had it....but I am going to stick with it til it gets to the final length and then decide. I get it trimmed this Friday...just shaped up, ya know to get me to the length I'm shooting for. I hope I can last til it gets to looking half way decent!

I feel ya! new
      #53380 - 03/23/04 11:31 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

I know I'm going to kick myself for doing this! Not 'cause I don't like my hair short--- I do! But because it's such a tail-pain to grow out.

I know myself, this is going to eat at me 'til I just suck it up and do it.

I just hope boys still flirt with me once I chop it all off...

--------------------

Jen didn't you.... new
      #53394 - 03/23/04 12:06 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

just chop 6 inches off? How long is it now? I keep on dreaming about 2 things...one cutting my hair short and two having another baby! Weird huh? Because I'm not ready to do either. My hair is half way down my back....I mean its long! I kinda sorta want to cut my hair...but I think I'm to attatched! It's taken me a long time to grow it this long!

Oh man...its just hair..It will grow back!!!! I think you would look really cute! I say go for it! Have you ever had it that short before? Ya know what I would do...I would cut it in stages!!! If your hair is pretty long...it might be fun to try lots of different styles, until you finaly reach the REALLY short one!!! Just my thoughts!!

Good luck!

--------------------

A voice of experience on men and short hair..... new
      #53404 - 03/23/04 12:25 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

The first time in my adult life that I cut my hair really short was almost 10 years ago.....two months later I met my husband! Up until I cut my hair short....I could hardly get a date!

Re: Hair ideas new
      #53439 - 03/23/04 01:30 PM
Shellsbells

Reged: 12/16/03
Loc: NW England, UK

I adore short hair, and it's not all hanging in your face, but it's not always that easy to look after - you HAVE to get it cut VERY often which can be a pain, and depending on the style, it can take as much work or more than a longer style.

If you've never had short hair before try on a few wigs to see how you feel about different styles, or have a go at one of those computer programs where you put in your picture and try different styles. This should help you feel more confident about it. Also take advice from your hairdresser first as they'll tell you whether your hair/face shape will suit the style you're thinking of - cowlicks, kinks and curls can all be a problem. I have the most ridiculous kinky hairline and uncontrollable fine wavy/curly hair I know!

If you want very short hair you need a fairly balanced face shape to carry it off. Sadly, I can't carry off a crop. You can't see it so well from my picture because of the angle, but my cheekbones are far wider than my forehead and I have a long face and pointy chin - diamond shaped face - NOT good for cropped styles much to my dismay.

Mine is short though, but I'm thinking of going longer again. Growing out is even more of a pain for me though with my waves and curls just where you don't need them!!!!

Good luck with the new hairdo - let us see it when you're done!!

Shells

Re: Hair ideas new
      #53450 - 03/23/04 01:48 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

So whats everones opinions on bangs?? I just spent 2 years growing my hair out. Its just past my shoulder, a little longer in back. My "bangs" are about chin leangth. I have a kinda oval face with a BIG CROOKED POINTY NOSE! I think having no bangs makes my nose look bigger than it already is. I read an article in a fashion mag a couple weeks ago that said bangs are back in?! My hubby doesn't want me to cut it but I wear it up almost everyday because I can't stand it in my face! I even told him I would leave the leagnth and just cut a little bang so it out of my way and he shakes his head no! I know he would still love me if I cut it but I hate to do it knowing he probably won't like it! Easy for him to say he SHAVES his head bald every day! He did have really long hair until it started falling out!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Jen new
      #53470 - 03/23/04 02:30 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Ooo, that would be so cute. You'd look darling! Can't wait to see the new piccies!!!

I'd love to cut my hair off, but I have a big head and a MASSIVE forehead so I'd look ridiculious .

Short hair! new
      #53478 - 03/23/04 02:42 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Jen, how exciting! An extreme haircut like that is a big deal. My advice would be to take a looong time to think about it before taking the plunge. I did the extreme Halle Berry thing my senior year of college, and it was a lot of fun for a while, but after about a year I decided I felt more like me with long hair. That was about a year ago... and it's STILL growing out!! Argh! It FINALLY got long enough to pull back in a pony tail about a month ago, and it's so much nicer. I don't want to dissuade you here, but to remind you what a huge decision this is. If you do go through with it... I want to see pics!!!!!!!

BTW, here's a pic of me with the ultra-short do for those who are interested.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Kree! new
      #53535 - 03/23/04 05:14 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Very cute picture Kree! You look good with short hair too!!!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 122 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27711

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review