All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Bangs are awesome... new
      #53627 - 03/24/04 05:28 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

I think bangs are great, but they're going to call attention to your cheekbones and your eyes. That's good unless you have unfortunate cheekbones and/or eyes.

Oval faces are PERFECT for this look, believe me. That's the face shape I have. And don't worry about your nose. A) I'm sure it's perfectly fine and B) It's nice to have a feature that sets off the others. That's SEXY! Take a look at the magazines... the girls who are the prettiest and sexiest are not perfect by far. Think of Winona Ryder and Christina Ricci with those tiny faces and ridiculously huge eyes! Think of Angelina Jolie (who I think is the most beautiful woman on the planet) and those LIPS! If they were normal size, she wouldn't be as drop-dead as she is. And if you're at all concerned about your nose and bangs, think of my current crush Owen Wilson. That man has quite an interesting nose and girls line up to swoon over him. Perfection is OUT!

What's in style right now is a really long fringe of bangs that can kind of go over the eyes or get swept off to the side. That's a great trend to jump on, 'cause if you're not loving them, they're easier to grow out.

I say GO FOR IT! Your husband will love it if you love it, TRUST ME. You'll feel better if you're not just pulling it up and out of your way. And if you feel pretty, you'll look gorgeous. He'll love it! Especially if the first time he sees the new do is when you're wearing something sexy. He'll always equate the new do with that vampy look! Insta-swoon!!!! Again, I say TRUST ME ON THAT!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Changed my mind... go for it! new
      #53661 - 03/24/04 06:52 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

I cut 6 inches off about 2 months ago. I really wanted to go super short, but decided to stage it just in case. I like my hair the length it is... It's about chin-length in the front and a little shorter in the back. It's a bob with long layers. It's cute, but I think I'm just jonesin' for that short hair!

I've always changed my hair with wild abandon. It's been blonde, brown, red, and REALLY red! It was even eggplant once, on accident, but that was in college and I did a lot of drinking then... That's my excuse! It looked awful! Over the years it's been short short, medium, and down my back. I've worn it curly, I've worn it straight. It IS just hair! And it's fun to play. That's why it's there, in my opinion. My best friend, on the other hand, feels the exact OPPOSITE! She has hair down her back and is in tears if she gets a trim... Oh well. At least she looks good in long hair... which I don't! My hair is really fine but there's lots of it, which translates to stringy and clumpy when it gets long.

Jen, I'm the same way, I get tired of my hair when it's the same for too long so I'm constantly changing the color, etc. too. You know what I say... GO FOR IT! If your hair's in a bob already it wouldn't take TOO long to grow it back out to that point if you don't like it shorter. And the more I think about it the more I remember how fun it was to have really short hair!

So, do you have any picsof the eggplant hair?? I'd love to see that... sounds like that Outback Steakhouse commercial! ROFL!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Eggplant new
      #53685 - 03/24/04 07:30 AM
jenX

No, Kree... when I was in my twenties I didn't let anyone take my picture (weird!), so I don't have pictures of that horrible eggplant do....

To make matters worse, it was down to my bra strap in the back and I wore these terrible baggy clothes all the time. I'm really really pale, so the eggplant veil just made me look like I vomited as a hobby. My skin turned this awful shade of greenish-yellow as it reflected off the eggplant.

Oh my. I'm glad there are no pics! I think I was Goth before anyone was Goth... and I didn't mean to be....

--------------------

Re: Bangs are awesome... new
      #53687 - 03/24/04 07:39 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I had my hair trimmed up last night. Added some long layer and my "bangs" are about nose leagnth, just long enough to get behind my ear and still get it in a ponytail. I'm going to try this for a bit. I have a baby clip holding my long bangs back today and I'll see if I can handle that! I just can't stand my hair hanging in my face at work!

I'll try and get a picture up soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Eggplant new
      #53690 - 03/24/04 07:44 AM
Kree

Hmm... okay, from the sound of it I think it's a good thing you don't have any pics. It's okay, we all did things we look back on with disgust! When I was in 7th grade I buzzed the bottom of my head (from about the ears down), so that when I wore it up in a ponytail you could see it. Now I don't know what the heck I was thinking!!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: color disasters! new
      #53693 - 03/24/04 07:46 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

OH, I've had my share. My nartural color is somewhere around mudd. Haven't seen it since I was about 15 so its probably gray now! I dye my hair a bright auburn which eveyone raves about. When I was in highschool (remember I graduated in 1988) I did the bleached blonde BIG hair! AWFUL! Well I got a bug up my butt when I was about 24 and decided I was going to darken it up, well I ended up with GRASS GREEN hair late one Fridany night and HAD to work 8am Saturday am!! I was mortified! I pulled it back and went to work crying! My boss took pitty and let me leave early to go to the salon. Over $100 dolloars later, a lot of powder bleach and about 4 inches shorted, I emerged a chocolately brown.

Well, one would think I would learn my lesson and get my coloring down professionally. But no, I'm too cheap! Over the years I have had BOZO orange and I have also done the eggplant purple! I don't experiment anymore! I find a color that works and I stick it! At least for a few months!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Bangs are awesome... new
      #53694 - 03/24/04 07:47 AM
Kree

Michele, I hate having hair in my face too so I totally understand! I did the clip thing for quite a while until my bangs finally started going behind my ears. I hope it works out for you!

--------------------

Re: color disasters! new
      #53699 - 03/24/04 07:52 AM
jenX

Michele, we have the same hair history. It took my mother $125 to get the eggplant out 'cause she just couldn't take it anymore!

I've also had Friday nights (see what happens when I don't have a date!?!?!?!) where I dye it and something goes horribly awry. I always dashed to the all-night Rite Aid to get a darker color to fix 'er up. Oy... what girls go through for beauty and vanity!

--------------------

Kree---- shaved heads! new
      #53701 - 03/24/04 07:54 AM
jenX

Now I never did this, but I was one of the few and it was out of fear from my mother! Everyone was doing this for a while there... THAT'S what you were thinking, sweetie! We've all followed a trend when we should have taken a detour. I had "winged" hair at one point in the 80s. That was just wrong.

--------------------

Yay! new
      #53703 - 03/24/04 07:56 AM
jenX

That's cool. What did hubby say?

I'm glad you tried it. It gets boring to have the same thing all the time. I will say, though, that I find bangs just a little shorter than that much more tolerable. I, too, hate my hair in my face. Ya keep doing that PAH thing with your lips to blow it out of the way.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28182

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review