All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
endometriosis and a poochy tummy!
      #51359 - 03/17/04 07:47 AM
Leah

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Denver, CO.

Hi there all! I have had endometriosis since I was a teenager and I am going in on April 5th for my third surgery. My lower tummy is swollen and real poochy right now. It is partially due to the endometriosis being really bad and due to previous muscle damage from previous surgeries. I work with kids and they keep asking if I am pregnant because my tummy is really sticking out. I have explained to them that I am having problems with my uterus and need to have surgery. (They are 7th and 8th graders, so they understand what a uterus is!) I am so upset that my tummy is swollen and that everyone keeps asking if I am pregnant!! I am a whole 125 pounds, so I am not heavy and so this makes my tummy stick out even more and look even bigger! Does anyone have any tips for tummy poochiness??
Leah

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: endometriosis and a poochy tummy! new
      #51699 - 03/17/04 08:29 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I really don't know what to do for it. I have one of those middle aged tummies. It sticks out there, too. Yuk. I need to lose weight though. I just try to wear clothes that will camouflage as best I can. I bet that's harder though since you're thin. My 5 year old granddaughter was over the other day and she said "Grandma, why is your belly so big?" I said, "I don't know, honey, I think it's full of something!" Then she said, "Why's your butt so big?" I couldn't think of anything to say, so I just tickled her!
About your surgery, have all 3 surgeries been for endometriosis? I was diagnosed with it 10 years ago, but I haven't had surgery. My doctor told me that I would be through with it after menopause; so I'm just counting the days. I have it fairly mildly though, so I really can't complain. I've heard such horror stories about it. Do you have a lot of pain with yours? I hope the surgery helps you!
Terri

#51707 - 03/17/04 09:14 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi!
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your troubles. I too have endometriosis, and I've only had one surgery so far but think I'm going to be having another one soon. I wish I could suggest something for the poochiness...I know the fennel tea will help if some of it's gas related, but it probably isn't so I'm at a loss. If you don't mind me asking, how has the surgery caused muscle damage? I get concerned about those types of things because my doctor said that if the pain is really severe I may have to have surgery every 9 months to a year to remove lesions and that is a scary prospect to me!
Hope you feel better soon!
Kelly

#51711 - 03/17/04 09:31 PM
Kmarkovcic

Reged: 03/07/04
Loc: Seattle

I am very sorry to hear about your indometriosis. I too have it, and have had many surgeries. Last year I had all the plumbing out. I feel so much better. Even my irritable bowel is better. I do not remember having such a poochy tummy that it showed. What causes that? I do know that I felt bloated all the time. Have you tried heat?

Kristina

#51727 - 03/18/04 05:06 AM
Leah

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Denver, CO.

Hi again all and thanks for the responses. As far as the muscle damage, the lower abdominal muscles get damaged from being cut into. They loose their elasticity and get weak. It is hard to get them back to normal. I have had 5 surgeries in my life and this will be the 6th. Three of them have been for sinusus and two for endometriosis. Yuk! I am over it. I have heard if a full hysterectomy (I know I didn;t spell that right) is performed, the symptoms almost disappear. I am not ready for this, but am in a ton of pain and it is making my IBS and my heath in general much worse. In addition to my gyn, I am seeing a holistic DO and she is helping me get my whole system back in check because it is really messed up. Well, thanks fot letting me complain. I am not sure what is making my tummy so swollen. I will try fennel and see if it helps. Also, if anyone has any advice about making muscles regain their strength after abdominal surgery or tummy advice in general...help!
Well, I am off to work and hopefully no more "are you pregnant" questions from the students!
Leah

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 358 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1049

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review