All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Ain't you sweet! new
      #49052 - 03/09/04 03:04 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Actually, I look a lot younger than I am. That's what everyone tells me!

That's a recent picture. I guess it's from Sept. or so. I was on Match.com looking for a beau and my friend took the picture for me.

But thanks. It's kind of a pain, 'cause I get hit on by much younger men. But then again, it's kind of cool, 'cause I get hit on by much younger men!

Besides.... maybe I'll look 40 when I'm 50. Or so I hope!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh boy, Nugget.... new
      #49062 - 03/09/04 03:18 PM
jenX

It's sweet of you to ask.

It was about predictable. I went to ask questions about celiac and other forms of gluten intolerance. Apparently that was asking too much. He seemed disinterestd in both IBS and celiac.

What got me was the nonsensical wishy-washyness. "Well, you had a negative celiac test, but there are false-positives. We could start you on a new antidepressant at a low dose and/or do an endoscopy and biopsy to test for celiac." OK, well I'll do anything that will help, I said. "Well, let's do the antidepressant, 'cause you probably don't have celiac." Well, why am I better now that I gave up wheat? Could I have an allergy or intolerance to gluten? "That's what celiac is- an allergy. But food allergies are over-diagnosed. Most diagnoses of food allergies are just bogus." So WHY AM I BETTER NOW THAT I GAVE UP THE DANG WHEAT!?!?!?!

So I asked if I should eat wheat again, then, or stay off of it. His reply? "No, stay off the wheat."

So how am I supposed to know if it's the antidepressant or the lack of wheat or the next full moon that does or does not make me better!?

Who knows.

Thanks for listening, Nugget.

--------------------

That's what I'm here for..... new
      #49120 - 03/09/04 06:12 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Don't you just hate it when it seems the docs aren't taking you seriously!? I had a doc once who gave me that impression (that he wasn't taking me seriously) so my sweet husband convinced me to change docs and now we have one who even my husband will go see. That says alot when my husband thinks enough of a doc to go see him!

I think if you have been feeling better by staying off the wheat it would be a good idea to stay off of it. I used to take Centrum vitamin once a day religiously. Until one day my Mother-in-law and I were talking about vitamins and something clicked that maybe that was part of my problem. I haven't taken a Centrum for quite a few months now and have noticed a big difference. Sometimes we just have to ignore what the docs say and listen to our own bodies I think.

I agree, Nugget. new
      #49176 - 03/10/04 05:15 AM
jenX

I'm big on that-- listening to my body. I think I'm better without wheat, so I'm not gonna eat it, but it's nice to have a test that concurs... Especially since the daggone IBS has no test! But still, I'll do what my body tells me to do. Crud, at this point I'm mostly frustrated that we know more than the docs do.

I haven't even told anyone the worst part yet, the part that made me really really frustrated that I was being blown off.

Guess who my Doc is???

The guy who wrote the forward for The First Year: IBS .

Can you believe it!? I'm going to ask Heather about him. This was the first appt. I had with the guy and maybe I caught him on a bad day (?). I had been seeing his partner and was frustrated with him, so I switched to Dr Posner. I was unimpressed!

I hate Doctor shopping. I will do it, but I was really hopefull about Dr. Posner considering the whole "write a foreward for the book that's my new IBS bible thing."

ARGH!!!!

--------------------

WOW! new
      #49191 - 03/10/04 07:06 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

That IS frustrating. I don't have the "First Year" book.

I hope it gets better for you and that you can find a good doc that will listen. I agree....we know more sometimes than the docs do.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 878 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15626

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review