All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ"..... new
      #47078 - 02/28/04 09:57 AM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

I saw the movie the Monday prior to it coming out. I live in TN and almost all the churches seemed to get prepurchased tickets reserved for an entire theater and the tickets sold very fast.

The movie is very graphic and powerful. But I support Mel Gibson in this production. The movie is ment to portray just what Jesus Christ went through for all of us. For me it really put into perspective what he actually had to indure. Reading books and knowing the story is so much different then actually seeing it with your own eyes.

It makes we as Christians, and non-believers alike, realize just how much more we can do. I think the questions and criticizm is just what we need in todays world. This movie is a great tool for helping others see what Jesus was all about and being witnesses of His unfathonable love for us.

Those are just my personal thoughts. The movie was tough to watch at times - but that is what made it so powerful. And the Devil was played by a women. I believe Mel's response to that was that he didn't want the devil to appear too scary, but at the same time, show its evilness and betrayel with its actions and carisma.

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#47106 - 02/28/04 05:24 PM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

I just got home from seeing the movie and Im mentally worn out...I cried and cried...for it showed how my Lord gave his life to save us from our sin...what an unconditional love he has for us....he bared soooo much pain and agony...I just wanted to help him...It has definately affected my life

--------------------
Gretchen

Just got back from this...... new
      #62267 - 04/17/04 09:38 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I just went and saw this tonight! WOW, that was amazing! I feel it was worth watching. It's really humbeling. I think everyone should see this.

Gosh I don't know what to say....it was very emotional for me. It made me sad, mad,scared, happy....sick....etc! Every emotion you could have.

I thought it was put together well. OH....its really hard to describe. Anyway...if you haven't seen it and are debating if you should or shouldn't....I recommend that you do! Makes you want to change your life and become a better person!

WOW!!!!!

--------------------

#62289 - 04/18/04 08:30 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I have seen this movie twice and I really liked it. It really makes an impact that lasts. The violence is rough, but I was ready for it; so it wasn't as bad as I'd imagined it was going to be.
I really would have preferred Mary Magdalene to be portrayed accurately, but there are lots of scenes in the movie that aren't in the Bible. However, it IS a movie and Mel Gibson certainly expressed his creative side. Overall, though, I really think it's a great movie. I plan on buying it and watching it at least once a year!

Hi Teri! new
      #62301 - 04/18/04 09:33 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Quote:

I really would have preferred Mary Magdalene to be portrayed accurately

Just curious...how do you think she should have been portrayed???

I think I'll buy this too. Its a very powerful show.

Thanks!

--------------------

#62317 - 04/18/04 10:41 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

I saw it and I didn't like it. It seemed like lots of pointless blood and gory-ness. I mean really, did they need to show him getting so ripped apart?? It just sickened me and it just seemed like the whole point of the movie was to show as much blood spurting out of him as possible. I just thought it was dumb.

--------------------
IBS-C

Answer for StephS new
      #62337 - 04/18/04 01:55 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Hi StephS,
Chinagrl is right about Mary Magdalene NOT being a prostitute and it was obvious that she was portrayed as one in the movie. The Bible doesn't give us the name of the woman whose stoning was prevented by Jesus, but a lot people think it was Mary Magdelene. But,I realize that Mel Gibson is an artist and he used his creative license in the making of this movie. It was still an excellent show though and I'm glad I saw it!
Terri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 755 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2796

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review